• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New Injectors? 95 T 3.0

Have decided to change my injectors for that new car feel and hopefully solve an emissions problem. As far as my research shows the OEM are 2.3 ohms impedance, 240cc volume and at their output limit with stock 3.0 engine. Thought I could just put in 98 up 3.2 liter injectors but they are different impedance at 14 ohms. Not sure if either are ball valve seat/deflector plate/disk injector or pintle design. There is a lot of misinformation out there on the WEB as to years and what designs are used. My car is lightly modified with headers and high flow cats so desire a better than stock part if possible. Don't need 550 cc or bigger monster injectors nor do I want to mess with the ECU to use them. Has anyone used Accel replacement injectors? They have factory specified replacement ones available, part number 151370 (370cc) Description below:
ACCEL PERFORMANCE PLUS FUEL INJECTORS
FOR HONDA & ACURA

ACCEL Performance Plus Fuel Injectors provide precise control of
fuel delivery and atomization for increased power, improved throttle
response.They have flow ratings from 8% to 14% higher than stock
factory injectors to match the fuel flow requirements to the horse
power gains produced from typical bolt-on performance items.
Manufactured in both Low and High-impedance designs to function
properly with the specified vehicles ECU’s. Injectors are all new units,
not remanufactured from used cores. Utilize a precision ground pintle,
which produces a factory style spray pattern.These injectors are 100%
flow tested, balanced and matched to within +/- 1.5% of their nominal
pound / flow rating. Low-mass internal needle valve and high-pressure
spring assembly ensures faster response time and greater dramatic
response range.
The noted part number with inclusive cc/min flow rating is permanently laser etched into
the molded top for instant recognition.They come complete, ready for bolt-in installation
requiring no modifications to the fuel rail or intake manifold. Packaged individually.

Attachments

• ACCEL Injectors.png
    ACCEL Injectors.png
    58.2 KB · Views: 111
  • ACCEL Injectors App.jpg
    ACCEL Injectors App.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 105
Last edited:
Save your $$$ and have the OEM injectors rebuilt and balanced at a reputable shop (RC Engineering does great work). They will be better than new with zero issues. I speak from experience.
Happy Motoring!

Last edited:
I hadn’t heard that the OEM 3.0 injectors are at their output limit with a stock engine. After I had headers, high lift camshafts, ported heads, a polished intake manifold, a high-flow airbox, etc. installed, I put the car on a dyno and had a new chip for the engine management computer programmed. The duration of the OEM 3.0 injectors was lengthened enough for the engine to run rich at full throttle. That was 15 years ago and the engine is still running very well.

In case deposits had built up inside the injectors, I had them cleaned and their flow rates measured last year. I haven’t heard of a shop that actually balances injectors. RC Engineering and the others ultrasonically clean the injectors, back-flow them, and install new seals. I don’t think they actually start filing away at the nozzle to proactively change the flow rate to “balance” the six injectors. However, as a result of the cleaning, they will flow like new again. And if you get your injectors cleaned and flow tested, their flow rates will probably end up being closer to each other than the +/- 1.5% that ACCEL advertise.

What sort of problem are you having and why do you think it is related to the injectors?

Never mind read your other threads, but after reading your other posts you cooed have a few problems, but injectors if they are the correct imp do seem to be the problem.

Have you been able to put a fuel presure gauge on the car and verify the fuel pressure regulator is functioning correctly?

Last edited:
I haven’t heard of a shop that actually balances injectors. RC Engineering and the others ultrasonically clean the injectors, back-flow them, and install new seals. I don’t think they actually start filing away at the nozzle to proactively change the flow rate to “balance” the six injectors. However, as a result of the cleaning, they will flow like new again. And if you get your injectors cleaned and flow tested, their flow rates will probably end up being closer to each other than the +/- 1.5% that ACCEL advertise.

+1

Injectors are pretty darn reliable. I've tested a couple dozen injectors, some with over 200k that had never been cleaned. All were within 2% of their nominal flow rates, minus whatever measurement error I introduced. Sending them out to be cleaned did restore the spray pattern some.

Have decided to change my injectors for that new car feel and hopefully solve an emissions problem. As far as my research shows the OEM are 2.3 ohms impedance, 240cc volume and at their output limit with stock 3.0 engine. Thought I could just put in 98 up 3.2 liter injectors but they are different impedance at 14 ohms.

Acurapartswarehouse lists the same injector p/n for all NSX years 91-05:

http://www.acurapartswarehouse.com/oem/acura~injector~set~fuel~06164-P0A-A00.html

Acurapartswarehouse lists the same injector p/n for all NSX years 91-05:

http://www.acurapartswarehouse.com/oem/acura~injector~set~fuel~06164-P0A-A00.html

I beleive that is a BIG mistake:).

1991-94 - 06164-POA-000
1995-95 - 06164-POA-A00 I recall a small change for idle flow
1997+ - 06164-PBY-A50 completely different injector type

But.....back to the original idea, no need to change your injectors, it will do nothing unless your old ones are dirty, so have them cleaned if required.

HTH,
LarryB

Last edited:
DDoier,

Tested fuel pressure it's 42 psi. clamping regulator vacumn line pressure, goes up to 50 psi. Turning engine off pressure stays a few hours before returning to zero
Stephen

What sort of problem are you having and why do you think it is related to the injectors?

Never mind read your other threads, but after reading your other posts you cooed have a few problems, but injectors if they are the correct imp do seem to be the problem.

Have you been able to put a fuel presure gauge on the car and verify the fuel pressure regulator is functioning correctly?

Larry

Thanks for the info but it was too late, got a really good deal on new ones. Purchased 4 Accel injectors 2.2 ohm low impedance at $37.50 and two at $45. What sucks is that the tips do not come with a cap and O ring like the OEM ones do. That sure is a cheap trick from Accel, you have to reuse old caps from original injectors! There also are no O rings included, how skimpy can a company be!

1991-94 - 06164-POA-000

But.....back to the original idea, no need to change your injectors, it will do nothing unless your old ones are dirty, so have them cleaned if required.

HTH,
LarryB

Last edited:
Injectors installed! The O ring search was a nuisance! Had to order injector O ring kit for a 96 Honda Prelude, NSX wasn't even listed! NAPA had ALTROM IK2902 seal kits but they did not include tip O rings. For them found OReily/Kragen O-TITE part# 64492 14mm x 10mm x 2mm. Carefully removed injector caps and pressed onto new injectors. Put O-rings and seal kits on and installed them in the manifold. Test drove the car and two Accel injectors were bad! Trying to get warranty replacement. What a hassle, Guy lied about his "new" Accel Prelude injectors they were used! another Craigslist saga.........
Larry

Thanks for the info but it was too late, got a really good deal on new ones. Purchased 4 Accel injectors 2.2 ohm low impedance at $37.50 and two at $45. What sucks is that the tips do not come with a cap and O ring like the OEM ones do. That sure is a cheap trick from Accel, you have to reuse old caps from original injectors! There also are no O rings included, how skimpy can a company be!

Attachments

• Injectors 001 sm.jpg
    Injectors 001 sm.jpg
    70.4 KB · Views: 110
  • Injectors 003 sm.jpg
    Injectors 003 sm.jpg
    46.8 KB · Views: 107
  • Injectors 004 sm.jpg
    Injectors 004 sm.jpg
    53.4 KB · Views: 107
  • Injectors 012 sm.jpg
    Injectors 012 sm.jpg
    53 KB · Views: 106
Last edited:
Injectors installed! The O ring search was a nuisance! Had to order injector O ring kit for a 96 Honda Prelude, NSX wasn't even listed! NAPA had ALTROM IK2902 seal kits but they did not include tip O rings. For them found OReily/Kragen O-TITE part# 64492 14mm x 10mm x 2mm. Carefully removed injector caps and pressed onto new injectors. Put O-rings and seal kits on and installed them in the manifold. Test drove the car and two Accel injectors were bad! Trying to get warranty replacement. What a hassle, Guy lied about his "new" Accel Prelude injectors they were used! another Craigslist saga.........

If you're really not going to listen - why bother asking the question :cool:?

Larry,

You were absolutely correct! These Accel injectors REQUIRE reprograming the ECU. Just putting them in the car and running floods the engine with way too much gas. You need a Dyno and a way to program the ECU to set power and emissions with these. My car is ODBII but early 95 cars do not have standard ODBII connector available on late 95 and all 96 up US vehicles, Murpys law in my case. Since I don't have the funds to pay a suitable shop or the Acura dealer to set ECU, took Prime member's advice and sent old Injectors to RC Engineering. Turns out one injector was dripping but they were able to fix it and clean them. Test results before and after are pictured below. Was able to return 4 of the Accel injectors but I'm stuck with 2 closeout ones. Any takers? $84 for both plus shipping. RC Engineering did a fantastic job, removed rust and dirt, cleaned and tested each one and returned with nice new O-rings and dust seals! Will put them in today, maybe this will solve my emissions problems!
Stephen

1991-94 - 06164-POA-000

HTH,
LarryB

Attachments

• Injectors RC Engineer 2 sm.jpg
    Injectors RC Engineer 2 sm.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 99
  • Injectors RC Engineer 1 sm.jpg
    Injectors RC Engineer 1 sm.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 97
Last edited:
Update:
Installed the RC Engineering cleaned injectors. The car runs smoother and quicker throttle response but now I have a shake in the motor and a ticking noise. This happened while I was reving the engine with the Accel injectors trying to get up a hill with out stalling on a test drive. There is no knocking but something isn't right. Maybe harmonic balancer? will drain the motor oil and cut up the oil filter to look for metal particles. Oil was clear and spotless the last time I changed it.
Stephen
Larry,

You were absolutely correct! These Accel injectors REQUIRE reprograming the ECU. Just putting them in the car and running floods the engine with way too much gas. You need a Dyno and a way to program the ECU to set power and emissions with these. My car is ODBII but early 95 cars do not have standard ODBII connector available on late 95 and all 96 up US vehicles, Murpys law in my case. Since I don't have the funds to pay a suitable shop or the Acura dealer to set ECU, took Prime member's advice and sent old Injectors to RC Engineering. Turns out one injector was dripping but they were able to fix it and clean them. Test results before and after are pictured below. Was able to return 4 of the Accel injectors but I'm stuck with 2 closeout ones. Any takers? $84 for both plus shipping. RC Engineering did a fantastic job, removed rust and dirt, cleaned and tested each one and returned with nice new O-rings and dust seals! Will put them in today, maybe this will solve my emissions problems!
Stephen

Last edited:
Back