• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New Member - '92 GPW

Hi guys!

I've been on the forums for a couple months while looking for my dream car. My buddy let me drive his one day while I was in school and I swore to myself I'd get one for myself once I had graduated. About a month ago I finally got it :biggrin::biggrin:

It's been raining literally non stop here in Colorado and the sun decided to finally show itself today so I managed to get some pics.

I picked it up from a fellow prime member in Seattle. I can't say how awesome it is to finally have one of these babies!

I'm eager to meet some of you guys and make some new friends. So far, the NSX community has been nothing but awesome and a pleasure to have met those of you that I have!

0606151001.jpg0613151222.jpg0613151222a.jpg0613151223.jpg0613151223a.jpg0613151224.jpg

Thanks! I really was only trying to find a white one (or a monte carlo.. good luck lol) which is why it took me so long. There were a couple that slipped through my fingers but I finally got one :D

Congrats! Beautiful nsx and best color of all:)

Welcome and nice find! Any other details such as mileage/mods?

Congrats!! Didn't see this on the market, please tell us how you come to acquired your GPW

Congrats!

Looks great. It is interesting to see the '02+ rear valence with the earlier tail lights.

Is it missing the front lip?

Last edited:
Welcome and nice find! Any other details such as mileage/mods?
Thanks! I picked it up at 108k miles. It's currently got the Pride V2 exhaust with test pipes and a custom intake from speed factory. Also the Tein mono flex coilovers, stoptech rotors and ss lines. spoon calipers up front, difflow diffuser which can't really be seen in my pics, spoon steering wheel w/ NRG hub.
Also lots of tasteful aesthetic mods such as the valve covers, CF interior trim package, engine dressup etc. The previous owner took excellent care of her.
I'm working on getting over the typical NSX problems before I put anything else into her. The driver window is getting pretty sluggish and the radio audio outputs are shot.
I just had 20% tint put on and I'm getting full front-end clear bra in the next couple weeks.

Congrats!! Didn't see this on the market, please tell us how you come to acquired your GPW
I used searchcraigslist.com and I checked it religiously (refreshing every 20minutes or so). The owner posted his up and I literally told him I'd take it within 20 minutes of it going up. I had one white one fall through post-BillofSale, so I was already in the mindset to pull the trigger. He wasn't too eager to sell it so he didn't post on prime, and he told me he would have backed out had I not told him that two other white ones backed out on me.

Congrats!

Looks great. It is interesting to see the '02+ rear valence with the earlier tail lights.

Is it missing the front lip?

Yea I took the lip off for now. I've never driven a car this low for long periods of time and the first few days of driving would chip away at my soul if I felt it scrape. The terrible road quality in CO doesn't help either.

Congrats on your purchase; matches the white SI in your garage :cool:

Thanks! Yea the Si has been my DD since 07 and has the CTSC kit. It's actually faster than the NSX right now. A little depressing, but the NSX is a whole other world of fun to drive. I keep wondering why everyone is looking at me and I go "Oh right... i'm in a japanese ferrari"

Last edited:
I used searchcraigslist.com and I checked it religiously (refreshing every 20minutes or so). The owner posted his up and I literally told him I'd take it within 20 minutes of it going up. I had one white one fall through post-BillofSale, so I was already in the mindset to pull the trigger. He wasn't too eager to sell it so he didn't post on prime, and he told me he would have backed out had I not told him that two other white ones backed out on me.

Yea I took the lip off for now. I've never driven a car this low for long periods of time and the first few days of driving would chip away at my soul if I felt it scrape. The terrible road quality in CO doesn't help either.

Good find, pays to be persistent.

Suggestion, if anything it would be a lot better to scrape the lip than the actual bumper.
I scrape my lip occasionally, and it's held up very well, considering the type of material (I believe it is injection molded plastic).

I'm also assuming you have an OEM lip.

I recognize the car now. If you didn't already know, the previous owner was pennieshatchie or something like that on this forum.

Good find, pays to be persistent.

Suggestion, if anything it would be a lot better to scrape the lip than the actual bumper.
I scrape my lip occasionally, and it's held up very well, considering the type of material (I believe it is injection molded plastic).

I'm also assuming you have an OEM lip.

That is a very good point actually. I've yet to scrape anything w/o the lip. I've got the habits developed from the Si as it's dropped also, but it's not even close to how low the NSX is.

I recognize the car now. If you didn't already know, the previous owner was pennieshatchie or something like that on this forum.

Oh cool! I found his build thread on here not long ago, I'll have to give him a shout out.

Congrats!!! Reminds me of how I found my last NsX, checking the car apps two to three times a day finally found "the one" on the Craigslist app:biggrin:

Tho I am a bit jelly about the GPW:eek:

Congrats!!! Reminds me of how I found my last NsX, checking the car apps two to three times a day finally found "the one" on the Craigslist app:biggrin:

Tho I am a bit jelly about the GPW:eek:

Haha it definitely took a lot of patience and self control. I started getting desperate and trying to convince myself to get a black one, but I held it out and I'm glad I did!

If you are going to do a clear bra make sure you research the shop doing the work with multiple referrals. Also ask about what happens
when it comes time to remove the clear bra. I just saw a Porsche with a clear bra that was cracked and crazed. No way it would come off
without major paint damage. Speaking of paint damage, make sure who ever installs doesn't make 1000 razor cuts on your paint.

If you are going to do a clear bra make sure you research the shop doing the work with multiple referrals. Also ask about what happens
when it comes time to remove the clear bra. I just saw a Porsche with a clear bra that was cracked and crazed. No way it would come off
without major paint damage. Speaking of paint damage, make sure who ever installs doesn't make 1000 razor cuts on your paint.

Thanks! I've got a buddy who does the work for me. He does incredible work and warranties everything, wraps the edges, and is probably more passionate about getting the clear bra on than I am.

I brought my Si to him to redo the bra that the dealership did in '07 and he couldn't stop obsessing about how poorly the dealership did the job. Paint cuts, UV protection on a partial bra meant my paint was faded unevenly, etc.

I've personally watched him install probably 5-10 clear bras from start to finish and I can say he doesn't cut corners... no pun intended? I'd actually recommend him to anyone in CO honestly.

congrats and welcome! We have almost the same car combo!

Back