• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New Monaco Blue Pearl Owner in NY

I live on long Island so you can store the car here if you like as long as i get to drive it mon-fri and i can drop it off by you on friday eveing :) CONGRATS

The car is #153. I purchased the car from a doctor in Morristown, NJ.

I think I know that car, did he service it at Bridgewater Acura? :confused:

Regardless Congrats, one of my favorite colors! I love it with black interior. Maybe a 02+ front end in the near future? :biggrin:

Jeff,

Nice car, enjoy! I have a /94 with fairly low mileage (38,000) and did the HID upgrade (search Prime for WHITENSX [Steve] HID upgrade kit -- excellent kit and workmanship from a Prime member -- many Prime members have bought from Steve and I have yet to see any complaints). As for the bit of headlight bounce you get there are a number of threads/posts on this subject for the pop-ups. One Prime member used Dynamat to insulate the housings and indicated that this improved things and there is a post somewhere that refers to one particular part of the headlight assembly that can wear out and allow for some bounce. Having said all of this, the fact is that some degree of bounce is, as I understand it, inherent in the pop up headlights and after doing some tinkering I simply decided to live with the bit of bounce. Other members may weigh in and I may stand corrected but I thought I'd impart my experience to you. If I find the post/thread that is pertinent I'll PM you. Enjoy your new toy.

Best,
Jeff

Jeff, following up on my post above, it appears that the search function is my friend tonight. Take a look at this - www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42730

In particular look at the parts diagram and the posts that reference a couple of those parts. I think its the parts listed as numbers 7 and 20 that are referenced. Also note the number of folks with the pop ups that have the same problem you and I have. Sounds like its pretty common and perahps a bit exacerbated by the HIDs. However, I'd rather have exacerbated bounce as opposed to the very weak lumen output of the standard halogens.

Best,
Jeff

Yes that is indeed where he brought the car for service.
From some angles I like the 02 front end and others I do not like it. I would love to see a picture of a monaco blue pearl with an 02 front end conversion already done. Do you know of any out there?
I think I know that car, did he service it at Bridgewater Acura? :confused:

Regardless Congrats, one of my favorite colors! I love it with black interior. Maybe a 02+ front end in the near future? :biggrin:

Thank you for the parts diagram. I will dig into this during the winter.
Jeff, following up on my post above, it appears that the search function is my friend tonight. Take a look at this - www.nsxprime.com/forum/showthread.php?t=42730

In particular look at the parts diagram and the posts that reference a couple of those parts. I think its the parts listed as numbers 7 and 20 that are referenced. Also note the number of folks with the pop ups that have the same problem you and I have. Sounds like its pretty common and perahps a bit exacerbated by the HIDs. However, I'd rather have exacerbated bounce as opposed to the very weak lumen output of the standard halogens.

Best,
Jeff

Absolutely LOVE that color!! Congrats.

As others have said, the HID headlight upgrade from NSX Prime member whiteNSXs is the way to go. It totally changed the night time driving nature of the NSX, and is a wonderful kit in terms of quality and fitment.

Small world, I use to see that car in front of his house all the time. He drove it often as my friends in the area would catch it out and about over the past few years and mention it to me.

Wow, that is a small world!

I love the color too. If I'd have ordered an NSX brand new, that would've been the one. Enjoy!

Back