• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New NSX information on Autoweek - Rethinking front engine?

That Peugeot looks very flat in front, like it hit a brick wall.

I like Honda and most of the stuff they currently offer - The Civic is a pretty nice car, the Accord looks good as a coupe with a decent interior, not really wild about the sedan... The Rigdeline is a sweet truck. I was impressed by it's abilities and didn't really see a need for a V8 but I'm sure the next generation will get a bigger motor.

On the Acura side, there is not one vehicle that I wouldn't mind owning but they are missing the Integra/RSX line. Just because Lexus doesn't offer a mid-$20K car doesn't mean thy had to go away with it. I'd still take an RSX over a IS 300. The problem is, I can only dream of being able to afford anything over $30K right now and I'm sure that if I had the money to blow on a $60K and up vehicle, I'd look at other brands and get more than what Acura has to offer.

They need a car to challenge the Z, Evo, WRX and R32.

Well i actually work for honda and i know the next RL will have a V8 so it looks to me like they already have a V8 in the works but it has been dowplayed by all this V10 talk. We will be getting that Mugen Civic SI which is a joke in my opinion because japan actually gets a supercharged better looking version of the same car while we get an ugly body kit and suspension tweaks.
Honda is my bread and butter but i have to say they have been dissapointing us to say the least. Even the owner of my dealership (who currently owns an 05 NSX along with many other cars) is cursing honda because of the lack of development in their sportscar dept.

i only see two reasons for a Honda V8.
1. for a big truck like the tundra.
2. for a big luxury cruiser like the lexus 460.

regarding porsche as being "special". having the fastest car in the world is not about being special. it is pure and simple victory, a statement about engineering and speed that cannot be refuted or spun into a different interpretation. porsche does not mean special, it means fast. look at it this way - how come the fastest porsches have always been 6's, when they had a perfectly nice V8
to play with that they built thousands of? how come the V8 was not in their fastest cars?

porsche hasn't had the fastest car in the world in a LOOONG time. The reason that the 911 based variants have 6cyls is due to porsche not wanting to hang even more weight out behind the rear axle and the 8 cyl you reference is a "V" 8 not a flat 8.

and FYI, the fastest porsche has ten cylinders.

porsche hasn't had the fastest car in the world in a LOOONG time. The reason that the 911 based variants have 6cyls is due to porsche not wanting to hang even more weight out behind the rear axle and the 8 cyl you reference is a "V" 8 not a flat 8.

and FYI, the fastest porsche has ten cylinders.

Fastest porche has ten cylinders? :rolleyes: ? Street version?
Newest porche 911 GT2 is the newest and now fastest porche ever made to the street.
3,7seconds to 0-62mph and maxium speed is 205mph/329km/h.
It is 3,6 liter engine with 2xturbo, 530hp & 680Nm.
Quoted from porches own webpage.

Fastest porche has ten cylinders? :rolleyes: ? Street version?
Newest porche 911 GT2 is the newest and now fastest porche ever made to the street.
3,7seconds to 0-62mph and maxium speed is 205mph/329km/h.
It is 3,6 liter engine with 2xturbo, 530hp & 680Nm.
Quoted from porches own webpage.

The V-10 powered Carrera GT is still the fastest for all intents and purposes (barely):

The Carrera GT...will accelerate from 0 to 100 km/h (62.5 mph) in 3.9 seconds and has a maximum speed of 330 km/h (205 mph), although road tests indicated that in reality the car could accelerate from 0-60 mph in 3.6 seconds and 0-100 mph in 7.0 seconds.

The V-10 powered Carrera GT is still the fastest for all intents and purposes (barely):

The Carrera GT...will accelerate from 0 to 100 km/h (62.5 mph) in 3.9 seconds and has a maximum speed of 330 km/h (205 mph), although road tests indicated that in reality the car could accelerate from 0-60 mph in 3.6 seconds and 0-100 mph in 7.0 seconds.

and still the world's sexiest sounding car!

0-100 in 7 secs with no turbos

the flat 6 doesn't make alot of HP in NA form.

Porsche has never had the fastest car in the world. The Porsche that held the world record for a short time was a Ruf. Might as well be a Hennessey Venom or Lingenfelter Vette.

In terms of quarter mile accelation Porsche is the standard.
930 Turbo fastest accelerating car of its time.
Porsche 962 Duer 0-60 2.5 top 251mph well before Mclaren F1

In terms of quarter mile accelation Porsche is the standard.
930 Turbo fastest accelerating car of its time.
Porsche 962 Duer 0-60 2.5 top 251mph well before Mclaren F1

Porsche being the "standard" for 1/4 mile performance is highly subjective. No doubt they have always been very competitive but their production models have rarely, if ever, been the fastest.

If you're referring to the Porsche 962 Dauer--that is a highly modified car with something like 700+ hp and could hardly be considered "production" since there were only a dozen or so built IIRC. Also, I highly doubt it would be street legal in the US.

Porsche being the "standard" for 1/4 mile performance is highly subjective. No doubt they have always been very competitive but their production models have rarely, if ever, been the fastest.

If you're referring to the Porsche 962 Dauer--that is a highly modified car with something like 700+ hp and could hardly be considered "production" since there were only a dozen or so built IIRC. Also, I highly doubt it would be street legal in the US.

Another version of the 962 was known as 959 less power more weight not US street legal because Germans could care less it was not for US market. After Bill Gates and few other owners inquired on how to legalize it, finally a tuner in Cali did just that you supply the car and for another $250k you get a legal version :)

Rumor has it there is a twinturbo Carrera Gt1 which will outperform the Veyron with top speed 254mph, this was in the works before the Carrera gt was even in production.
http://www.germancarzone.com/carrera-gt/6181-forthcoming-2009-porsche-gt1-pics-disscusion.html
http://autoreports.blogspot.com/2006/07/porsche-carrera-gt1.html

Last edited:
Back