• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New NSX owner from Rockville Maryland

Hi all,

I just wanted to introduce myself and hopefully, I'll get to meet some of you guys in near future.

I'm picking up my first NSX next week from MA and I am so excited. It is 92 bone stock black/black.

Prior to this purchase, I was driving E46 M3 CSL-ed out exterior along with other goodies. I also own a 93 Rx7 if any fellow members with rotary want to meet and hang out.

Tae

Welcome and congratulations!

My lawfirm is in Rockville and I'm the pres-elect of the Rockville Chamber of Commerce.

Are you new to the area or just new to NSX ownership?

I have a '92 red with CF hood/wing and WW kit. I roll around in it from time to time in Rockville.

If you ever want to get together for lunch, send me a PM.

Thank you !

I've been living here for the last 20yrs. So to answer your question, complete newbie to the NSX ownership. Hopefully I get to meet you and other fellow members in the future.

Welcome and congrts soon you well meet lots NSX guys VA and MD i got mine not long ago mine 91 BB with type r hood and lots other things i can;t remeber C ya around

ravi

Congrats on your purchase! I'll be a prospective NSX owner for the next couple years, but I currently drive a modified MR2 Spyder.

What part of Rockville do you live in? I'm near Randolph, Viers Mill, and Connecticut.

Glad to see other NSX owners in the DMV! Just purchased my '92 BB about a month ago from another prime member in Phoenix. Proud to say I drove it 2400 miles with almost no problems. Emergency rear tire replacement in Tennesse set me back a couple hundred, but it's home and Looking as good as ever! Would be great to meet some local NSX owners!!

Congrats on your purchase! I'll be a prospective NSX owner for the next couple years, but I currently drive a modified MR2 Spyder.

What part of Rockville do you live in? I'm near Randolph, Viers Mill, and Connecticut.

Thanks ! I've seen your MR2 around. I'm near Parklawn and Beach Drive

Glad to see other NSX owners in the DMV! Just purchased my '92 BB about a month ago from another prime member in Phoenix. Proud to say I drove it 2400 miles with almost no problems. Emergency rear tire replacement in Tennesse set me back a couple hundred, but it's home and Looking as good as ever! Would be great to meet some local NSX owners!!

Whoa !! 2400 miles ?? Your the man..I thought 400 miles was long :biggrin: But i bet the ride back nothing but a joy ride

I just joined myself...will be posting in the prospective buyers forum shortly. I live in DC and can't wait to buy my first NSX, hopefully in the next few weeks. full intro to follow...

would love to attend an event to get to know you guys better! also if any of you NSX owners are considering selling your NSX but haven't posted it formally, feel free to PM me ;)

Finally picked up my NSX today after driving 8 hours from MA. It was a long drive but all worth it.

It is bone stock 92 with 29846 miles on it. Timing/compressor/alternator belts changed in June 11/2010 @29745 miles. (all services and parts were replaced by Acura of Boston over the years and I have all the receipts from the previous owner) Replaced parts incl, ECU, r/l door regulator, speakers/grill, speed sensor, antenna assy, r/l taillight assy, both valve cover gaskets, all rear cam end plugs, oil pan gasket, rear trunk strut.opener, thermostat, drive/passenger inside door handle......etc

All four tires need to go since they are old (replaced back in 2004) and making horrible/loud noise while driving (doubt it's CV/or wheel bearing). Handling was really poor but considering its factory height/OEM NA1 wheels/old tires, not bad at all. - This issue will be resolved as I'm looking into new wheels (possibly work meister) and KW3 coilovers.

Overall experience - :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Attachments

• NSX.jpg
    NSX.jpg
    8.1 KB · Views: 78
  • NSX2.jpg
    NSX2.jpg
    6.7 KB · Views: 66
Welcome back to MD! Keep it in good condition when you decide to sell it to me in a couple years :p

As soon as I'm done fixing little cosmetic/mechanical issues, I will definitely come out to the meetings.

Today, I changed the spark plugs/air filter/re-centered my engine mounts, changed the wiper, and repainted the windshield wiper rod.

Result - 100000x less vibration and clean wiper :biggrin: Here are some before and after pictures of my wiper rod​

Attachments

• WW1.jpg
    WW1.jpg
    6.4 KB · Views: 52
  • WW3.jpg
    WW3.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 53
  • WW2.jpg
    WW2.jpg
    6.9 KB · Views: 55
  • WW.jpg
    WW.jpg
    6.5 KB · Views: 58
Next thing on the list - calipers and radio

I need to remove all four calipers as they are all rusted. I'm not sure how that happened :confused: I to sand blast them and repaint

There is this annoying buzzing noise from my radio. I think it's a gound issue, so going to take it apart and check the wires. And the center speaker is out...

Next thing on the list - calipers and radio

I need to remove all four calipers as they are all rusted. I'm not sure how that happened :confused: I to sand blast them and repaint

There is this annoying buzzing noise from my radio. I think it's a gound issue, so going to take it apart and check the wires. And the center speaker is out...

Let me know if you need some help with the radio stuff. Also, give me a shout if you want me to do the KWs with you. I did Ravi4l's suspension as well so he can vouch.

Let me know if you need some help with the radio stuff. Also, give me a shout if you want me to do the KWs with you. I did Ravi4l's suspension as well so he can vouch.

Hey thanks for the offer, I will definitely keep it in mind.

P.S I just ordered 18x8/19x10 BBS LM :cool: should be here in two to three weeks !!!

So I was talking to my friend today and he was telling me about this guy in his neighborhood that used to have a yellow RX-7 and now had a black NSX. I'm figuring it's you. My friend lives off of Troy Rd and used to have a blue Mirage that looked like an old Evo.

*Edit 4/5/11*
I think I saw your NSX on Rockville Pike last night by the Barnes and Noble intersection. One of my friends in a Jeep was talking to you at the intersection. A bunch of us were meeting up at Starbucks after dinner at Hooters.

Last edited:
Back