• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New NSX

Maybe it's meant to be a step up for the S2K owners given the general resemblance on the shape of the car (way too many more of those than NSX owners) and not for the hard-core NSX owners as we have here on Prime :D

Ken,
I think you may have hit the nail on the head. Honda is in the business of making money, not making Primers happy. :smile: Selling 300 cars a year of a particular model like the NSX doesn't make much (if any) money, so designing a sports car w/ wider appeal makes business sense for Honda.

ASC:

Acura's Supra Copy
Almost Square as Cadillac
Almost Saturn Class
Ass Similar to Celica
Absolute Sales Catastrophe
Audi's Smiling Confidently
Assanine Styling from California
Average Sporty Coupe
Acura Solicits Chicks
Angry Sad Customers

attachment.php

Nice!@!!@! Build it! :)

Selling 300 cars a year of a particular model like the NSX doesn't make much (if any) money,
And, yet, there are companies that exist solely to produce even fewer cars a year. Think of the Pagani Zonda. Some people see value in producing a car to be immensely proud of. Any car enthusiast worth his snot has heard of the Zonda, even though only 40 people a year can buy one. That'd be worth something to me if I made them, even if I only made enough money to scrape by.

I think the car will be a great car. Different league than an NSX and better in probably all aspects or close to with the exception of the mid-engine layout of the current NSX and maybe 100 or 200 lbs (compared to stock).

The wheels are ugly IHMO and I hope it's not what the car ends up havin, but they can always be swapped with some pimping HRE's.

I think it's super important to remember that this the 'concept' which will change significantly when it hits the street as far as aesthetics..

Remember the S2000 concept? It was ugly imo, http://www.s2000.com/s2k_concept.php

Depending on price, I think it's going to be a hit. It's a Ferrari 599 that's actually going to be reliable :)

Well, this back end gives me hope, but the front is still horrible. I guess Acura has made its bed with this new Pontiac Firebird inspired bulk-head. Nick, I like your interpretation better, but we all know that we are pipe dreaming/smoking.

I'm looking to Audi, Lotus, Porsche or Noble for my next mid-engine car. I'm guessing I will see some of you guys on another forum in the coming years.

If Acura is seriously considering the ASC to be their "halo" car then they are probably thinking about a droptop version of the car (if they have not, then they really lack some common sense or vision, given that cars in that market segment usually offer droptops after the release of the coupe version).

Let Acura build that hidious GT as long as Honda builds the real NSX replacement...

Introducing the 2009 Honda NSX-R2
MR-V8
440 HP
2760 lbs
0-60 3.8 sec
< $100K
:biggrin:

77511-mid.jpeg

I'd sell all my other cars and buy it:tongue: !!!

Stoner, where is that HSC spyder concept you came up with???

that was sick!!! send it to Acura asap!!!:biggrin:

BTW, that snorkle/shark fin on the NSX-R pic above is killing the lnes of that otherwise flawless design:redface:

And, yet, there are companies that exist solely to produce even fewer cars a year. Think of the Pagani Zonda. Some people see value in producing a car to be immensely proud of. Any car enthusiast worth his snot has heard of the Zonda, even though only 40 people a year can buy one. That'd be worth something to me if I made them, even if I only made enough money to scrape by.

Right, but a Pagani Zonda costs $500K to $600K - if you can get your hands on one. Very different target market for those 25-40 cars vs the 300/yr for the NSX.

Even when Pagani starts producing their $300K sports car, they expect to sell 250/yr of those units. That's about the per year units of the NSX until 2005 at almost 4X the price.

The Pagani business model is very different from the Honda one and their selling prices support low volume. The NSX wasn't designed to be a low volume car. Honda really did expect to sell multiple thousands per year and that didn't happen. Once bitten, twice shy, maybe (I hope not, but it looks that way).

Last edited:
Size comparo, ...from missing/deleted post above...

I always liked this one...
4723sketch05-med.jpg

Attachments

• ASC_comparo1b.jpg
    ASC_comparo1b.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 200
  • ASC_comparo2b.jpg
    ASC_comparo2b.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 227
I love it, but I cant see how that can be a front engine V10. I bet Honda told the design team the constraints they were working under, front engine one of them.

Of course that's not a FR, that's someone's rendition of what a true NSX successor would look like, using the ASC lines. almost kinda looks like the HSC. All its missing is the side scoops.

Okay you guys I'm just back from the autoshow and seeing the ASC. Very nice car and very sporty. It looks like a concept ( no door handles , sideview mirrors etc ). Looks very similar in proportion to the Lexus LF-A. I like the ASC better than the Lexus and I'm sure once they get beyond concept it will look better ( Can't wait for the Tokyo show:biggrin: ) better than the Lexus.

NOW I'M SAYING THIS AND YOU GUYS CAN TAKE IT AS YOU WILL. WHEN I SPOKE TO WOMAN AT THE ACURA BOOTH I ASKED HER TWO THINGS
1. WILL THE CAR AT THE TOKYO AUTOSHOW BE MORE OF A FINISHED DESIGN AND SHE SAID "YES"

2. SO THEY ARE DEFINITELY GOING WITH THE FRONT ENGINE CONFIGURATION AND SHE SAID "I'M NOT ALLOWED TO SAY"

She looked me right in the eyes and didn't flinch or hesitate when she said this so it didn't seem like she just didn't know. So it might mean something else is in the works as well or the final placement is not finalized. TAKE IT AS YOU WILL.

So there's still hope , very little, but still some nonetheless.

Honda is the master of disguise. No one, including their dealers etc know what the next gen anything is going to be coming out of that company. The "concept" which shows 'the direction Acura is taking' could just be a concept. Cross your fingers.

I'm telling you guys it's much better looking in person. Much like the HSC pics don't do it justice.

I'm Confident the final design will please us.

*Cross Fingers*

I feel the New NSX or the ASCC is derived from the Lemanns PLatform as the NSX from the Formula One.

Time will tell.
:biggrin:

NE can hook up a Carfax?:wink:

JH4NA1151PT000583

Thanks!

That is an awesome way to look at it. Same manufacturer target, just the GT car! Brilliant!

Makes me want one, kinda.

Thanks. If this car does 500 HP and SH-AWD *AND* manages to be between 3200 - 3500 LBS, with a virtual 50/50 weight distribution, it's going to kick ass all day long!

Although I am definitely biased, I personally do NOT want this to be the 'NSX replacement' and I don't really want one to come out :)

I just bought a 50K, nearly 10 year old car, but it has 400+ RWHP and is 3000 LBS, and smokes the crap out of 95%+ of street cars out there.. so I'm hoping I don't get 18K when I sell it 5 years from now. I want the next gen kids to still be 'oh my gosh, look Acura NSX... awwwww...Mommy/Daddy, can I get one?" ya know what I mean? :)

I know for the richer folks with Vipers, GT2's, F430's in the garage in addition to the NSX.. it will be a disappointment, but hey, less NSX's on the road is more exclusivity and 'coolness' factor for the rest of us :cool:

At the end of the day, I'm sure that although people are saying they hate it on this forum, as long as it is not a pig, handles reasonably ok/well, and is at a price point that is a comparable to others in its class (M6, Aston, E55 AMG, etc...) people will sell their NSX.

Whatever you do.. Be safe....

Back