• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New NSX

WTF r they thinking!! BARF!! That is the Fuglyst concept i have seen.I call for the HSC WE NEED THE HSC.

Call it what u will I refuse to call it a nsx:mad:

We'll guys they do say it's the "style direction" I'm sure they'll make some changes. Plus it will be more reliable than anything in it's class and possibly more fuel effecient. Just keep your NSX and add this new car to the collection :wink:

Carbon brakes though :rolleyes:

best i could come up with for a front shot of a cylon raider

Bsg-raider-A.jpg

Cylonraider.jpg

"style direction" I looks like one of those retro American cars! Very disappointed to see the new direction Acura is taking on the new nsx! Front engine AWD why, O that’s right to appeal the American market who are only concerned with ¼ mile and HP figures not true sports car performance. What a huge let down.I would not pay 20K for that car:mad:

If I needed AWD I would buy the R8. Audi has far more experience in AWD cars.

I could even let the fact go that it’s not mid engine, if it looked cool but its not even close.

:eek: :eek: And some people have called the 05 NSX-ers suckers. :biggrin: :biggrin:

Someone please post a link to these pics on F-chat, with a message: "We're sorry. Can we share some of your passion?" :tongue:

Unfortunately, I see no reason to continue championing for Acura and will likely look into another marquee to become passionate about.

I agree w/ this, what do we do now? Personally I like the new Lotus Exige, and there hopefully is a new Esprit in the works. Lotus needs all the customers they can get, what if we all jumped ship & visted our friendly local Lotus store?

OK, quality might not quite be up to the level we're used to, but you can't have it all. (well, except w/ the original, we could, thats what's so sad. :frown: )

It probably isn't a mistake it all....they might have alienated a bunch of nsx owners, but who knows what the rest of the car world thinks. I'm pretty sure this will sell alot more than the current generation NSX.

Perhaps this is just a stepping stone to the next NSX...as in, this one is going to cost $40-60k and the $110k V10 mid engine NSX is something completely different.

Just a thought...perhaps Honda is getting into the 350z/toyota supra/vette game with this car and hasn't shown us it's next Ferrari fighter.

(that's my hope anyhow)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spinner
Well...all I can say is "I TOLD YOU SO!!!". That goes to all the naysayers that pretty much flamed me when I said that the NSX replacement will be a front engine design. This is the car that my classmate from Art Center designed. The first sketches (rear 3/4 view) that popped up even has is name on the tires. Shame on y'all.

Your friend needs to go back to school. And I'm not sure I would be admitting that you have any connection to the bastard.

LOL!!! I have to agree with Juice on this one....My 4 year old draws better looking cars then that F#$%$#@ overweight Z4!!! Honda should be ashame for showing that thing and mentioning NSX replacement:rolleyes:

call your local Honda/Acura dealer and let them know what you think...

BRING BACK THE HSC!!!!

BTW, who hired Chris Bengal to design the next NSX:confused: :biggrin:

Perhaps this is just a stepping stone to the next NSX...as in, this one is going to cost $40-60k and the $110k V10 mid engine NSX is something completely different.

Just a thought...perhaps Honda is getting into the 350z/toyota supra/vette game with this car and hasn't shown us it's next Ferrari fighter.

(that's my hope anyhow)

The fact that it's a V10 makes me think that's definitely not the case. They wouldn't sell a V10 at $40-60k. A V8 maybe, but not a V10. Also keep in mind Takeo Fukui mentions the NSX when talking about this concept, and the picture of the original NSX in the background.

Well...all I can say is "I TOLD YOU SO!!!". That goes to all the naysayers that pretty much flamed me when I said that the NSX replacement will be a front engine design. This is the car that my classmate from Art Center designed. The first sketches (rear 3/4 view) that popped up even has is name on the tires. Shame on y'all. :D

Well, no offense to you and your friend with my harsh comments earlier in this thread, because I admire anyone who was priviledged enough to attend the Art Center. I also understand the constraints given by the people who are writing the paychecks.

So, all of that being said, let's assume that the ASC represents the basic direction that Acura has it's mind made up on. How much room is there for change between this and the final product? My biggest aesthetic concern with this design is the side profile. The cockpit section looks atrocious, as do the lines around the rear fender. Perhaps there might be something gained by putting a little more curve into the design and giving the design a bit of a narrower "waist"?

Also, there are a lot of other variables that are not apparent in the design. What is the plan for the door handles? What's going on with the rear decklid and the vent behind the rear window? What is the vent in-between the taillights for.....a spoiler? Are the doors going to open up semi-gullwing like on the HSC? Are the LED headlights going to make it to production?

What happened to Honda's design team ? the NSX was based on F1... it should continue to be on F1. The Enzo was base on F1.

Why!!! Honda... I really don't like any of Honda's designs.. they were at their best in the 90s.

4-2008-acura-nsx-advanced-sports-car-concept.jpg

predator.helmet.2.jpg

in Arnold's voice "what the f*ck are you"

Personally I like the new Lotus Exige, and there hopefully is a new Esprit in the works. Lotus needs all the customers they can get, what if we all jumped ship & visted our friendly local Lotus store?

Who’s down for a Group buy on the Lotus Exige S:rolleyes:JK
*S is for supercharged*:tongue:

so... lol its like they transformed the NSX into a SKYLINE GTR! =)
FR-AWD! super Yon-W-D action!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well, I've said it before a long time ago. When I made the announcement that it was gonna be front-engine, it upset alot of people. I totaly knew that was gonna happen. Hell, even the designers were upset (if you go through my older posts). They said it themselves "Honda is no longer a fun company since their new sports car flagship is now front engine". But, they didn't have a choice. Blame the bean counters or upper management. I personaly like what they did with what they had. Ofcourse a mid engine would have been much cooler, but you gotta do, what you gotta do.

I think what most NSX owners or fans of the NSX are upset about is that Acura is trying to make a connection to the NSX and even calling it its successor. The car itself is nice over all, but it is not in the NSX spirit. It is just as if Ferrari decided to make the F430 a front engine for the next generation. It may or may not be a great car, but it no longer has the same spirit. I think many would have been less upset about this car if Acura told everyone from day one that that NSX is dead and a new model would be made instead. At least then we wouldn't have been expecting an NSX replacement. If this car cost $100K, good luck with competing against Lexus and Astin Martin and the like. The car itself is not bad at all. I like the side profile and even the front. But for a GT type car that cost $100K there are a lot of more prestigious brands out there that Acura will now have to compete for customers with.

It's comical how NSX owners say that Ferrari owners are full of it when they talk about heritage, pedigree, etc. Then, when we think this concept may be called NSX, we get upset that it's not in keeping with the heritage, pedigree, etc of the current NSX. Pot, kettle, you there?

Fortunately for me I never complained about Ferrari owners talking about heritage. Unlike many here I can't afford a Ferrari. That is why the mid engine NSX was the perfect car for me. The only other worthy mid engine car that I could afford now is the Porsche Cayman. If I were so lucky to afford a Ferrari I probably would be one of those Ferrari guys talking about heritage as well:tongue: Heck, I still tell many people about Soichiro, Senna, and Uyehara. I have an autographed picture of my car by Uyehara that a friend took to Japan to get signed. I'm Definitely proud of the NSX heritage even if it was a short lived one. The NSX was a car I dreamed about owning for 12 years before getting one. I just don't see myself lusting after a front engine GT car for 12 years.

So here is Acura's direct Japanese competitor. Two GT cars, both probably with V10s, both will sell for somewhere around $100K+.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

So here is Acura's direct Japanese competitor. Two GT cars, both probably with V10s, both will sell for somewhere around $100K+.

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

Hmmm similar lines. Let's see how the pricing goes.

Honda can change the details, but they have their hands tied if the basic architecture is wrong.

The proportions are off. That thing is as long as a Ferrari 612. The belt line is too high and the car is too narrow and the rear sits tall.

Weight is another issue, a Ferrari 612 is 3800 Lbs dry. With SH-AWD, this thing will be getting close to 4000 lbs.

Yea, this thing will kick an NSX ass………..Only on the drag strip.

So, all of that being said, let's assume that the ASC represents the basic direction that Acura has it's mind made up on. How much room is there for change between this and the final product? My biggest aesthetic concern with this design is the side profile. The cockpit section looks atrocious, as do the lines around the rear fender. Perhaps there might be something gained by putting a little more curve into the design and giving the design a bit of a narrower "waist"?

Also, there are a lot of other variables that are not apparent in the design. What is the plan for the door handles? What's going on with the rear decklid and the vent behind the rear window? What is the vent in-between the taillights for.....a spoiler? Are the doors going to open up semi-gullwing like on the HSC? Are the LED headlights going to make it to production?

attachment.php

now that^^^ IS a good lookin car^^^^
:eek:

good luck competing with that...

wow. seem to be alot of closed minds in here. Change isnt always a bad thing yaknow. I seem to remember a an FR layout car that handles awesome, has 50/50 weight distribution, light weight, and sells sucessfully... the s2000...

may not be an MR layout, but who's to say this car wont outperform a current NSX?

just my 2 cents

Well of course it will out perform the NSX. You have to work hard to produce a sports car in this price range these days that will not out perform the poor old NSX. It is only because the NSX was so ahead of it’s time that it has taken so long for cars to catch up.
The point is, I think that we were looking for something to give the Gallardo a run for it’s money for under $120 k. As can be seen from cars like the Enzo the Egg the Zonda and the Carrera GT. If money is no object and performance is the goal the engine goes in the middle! As you know the NSX had the engine in the middle and now it wont. We are going backwards. The first NSX was a no holds barred, serious and some would say successful attempt to enter into the exotic sports car market. And they did it with a car that was relatively affordable and reliable into the bargain. The new NSX should be a flagship for Honda and as such need not make a lot of money. In the same way as the Ford GT will not make a lot of money for Ford. It is a way for them to showcase their skills and engineering prowess and in doing so, sell more Mustangs. It should be viewed as marketing and advertising budget. I think that most people on Prime can see that Honda is making a huge mistake. The incompetence of large corporations is quite spectacular at times. Maybe they will come to their senses before it’s too late but I doubt it.
They can call it what they want but this car is not an NSX. It is a sad day for sports car enthusiasts and a terrible slap in the face for the NSX. I can’t wait to hear what Clarkson is going to say.
Way to go Honda! You had a golden opportunity to rock the world and you blew it. You Suck! I can almost hear the sigh of relief from Ferrari Lambo and Porsche etc they must be laughing their asses off right now.

Regards,

Patrick

Back