• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New owner! 1994 red, tan interior JH4NA1153RT000023

Just picked up my 1994 NSX down in Florida, gentleman passed away and his family was selling it. Got a great deal, 79k miles beautiful car but it needs pain and the trunk must leak because it smells like bad laundry. 5speed, all stock other than a set of wheels!

fabreeze in trunk will mask the mildew....my car gets water in there from the heat of engine and the water that gets through the rear taillight gaskets ,a common problem...welcome to ownership

Florida, the "Sunshine State", rains more than any place i've ever been!

red/tan, the classic colour combo. my first NSX was a 1996 red/tan, loved it. enjoy...

Love the red/tan. For some reason that color combo seems to increase the "nice Ferrari" comments ten fold :wink:. Congrats, looks beautiful.

Love the red/tan as well. Reminds me of the Ferraris I used to lust after in my younger days (before I realized there was a reason they were hardly ever driven).

Nice color combo - take good care of those floormats as they get dirty easy.

Enter this in to google for information on your trunk moisture: "trunk water site:nsxprime.com" It is a common problem that has come up frequently on the forum and old threads have some good advice. I have been told that the trunk carpet is a royal pain to try and replace, so keeping it in good condition is not a bad idea.

Actually - given the scarcity of parts as we move forward, taking good care of just about everything is a pretty good idea ;)

Welcome to the 1994 Red/Tan Club! 1 of only 44 made that year in the Color Combo.

attachment.php

Attachments

• IMG_5555.jpg
    IMG_5555.jpg
    177.8 KB · Views: 889
Last edited:
Welcome! Don't know if you've been lurking here for a while but if you haven't already found it, check out the NSX Wiki which you can find on the red action bar at the top of most pages. Unfortunately, it hasn't been updated in a while but there's still lots of good information there that you'll want to acquaint yourself with.
Enjoy.

Thanks guys! I'll have to check out the leaking trunk pages, I couldn't pass up the deal for the car though I got it for 16k. I would like to source a new windshield weather strip and fix the trunk issue and it will be good enough for me until I can afford a nice paint job!

- - - Updated - - -

Wow I did not realize that there were only 44 of that color combination made in 1994! That's awesome! Is my favorite combination

I suppose you could say that lol, I really couldn't pass it up. I have already been offered double what I paid and I've only had it for a little over a week! Not for sale though! Sorry! Haha

Congratulations!

Did you get a good deal on the price of your car? I bought my current NSX from a family in that the owner had passed away. I don't think the family new what that had, and priced the car low. I got a 1997 Spa Yellow Pearl NSX in very good condition (with the timing belt and water pump done) for $32,500. It did have 111,000 miles on the clock, but we all know that is not a problem with this car.

Anyway, congratulations again, your going to have sooooooo muuuuuuuch fun!

PS: My first NSC was a 95 Red/Tan, which is my favorite color combination, but the Spa Yellow is growing on me.

Diesel-NSX:

Welcome aboard! Congrats on your NSX find. Is this your first one? If so, you are going to be soooo happy!

Pictures, please. :)

Even if you spend top $$ on a proper respray, you still got a screaming deal! Was all the other maintenance up to date?

Even if you spend top $$ on a proper respray, you still got a screaming deal! Was all the other maintenance up to date?

Screaming deal is an understatement. When the market was at bottom, we were touting decent NSX's under $20k. Then a few years later, the unicorn was a clean-titled car under $25k.

These days? Huh! You probably have no idea how many Primers are SO jealous of the deal you got. Congrats and welcome! Nicely done!

Where in Florida, may I ask? And how did you hear about it?

- - - Updated - - -

P.S. Pics or it didn't happen. :biggrin:

Last edited:
Holy crap that is a better deal than I got. Congrats!

Nice Car! Congratulations! Can't believe you got the car for 16K! Obviously you're no longer in FL, unless FL grew some mountains that I don't know about.
Regarding your trunk leak. Most likely it's the gaskets on the tail lights, but it could be from dried out trunk seals. All the seals are still available from Acura. Best prices are from Acurapartsforless.com and if you use the 5NSX code at check out you get an additional 5%. The light gaskets can be found in ebay. Preserve the rubber by using Honda Silicone available on Amazon http://www.amazon.com/Genuine-Honda-08798-9013-Silicone-Grease/dp/B00GD49GTS?ie=UTF8&psc=1&redirect=true&ref_=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00 . Massage it into the rubber and use it sparingly, and avoid getting it on the paint. Another great product to preserve rubber and plastics is 303 Aerospace Protectant also available on Amazon. Comes in spray and wipes http://www.amazon.com/303-30910-12PK-Aerospace-Protectant-Towelettes/dp/B00CMP9700/ref=sr_1_11?s=automotive&ie=UTF8&qid=1464976544&sr=1-11&keywords=303%C2%AE+Aerospace+Protectant

Thanks, yeah I'm going to save the pennies for a top notch spray, I found the car in Melbourne through the grape vine of friends. I remember watching the prices of these cars keep rising and I never thought I would be able to own one, then this came up and I knew it was my chance!

Woa man congrat.! I'm jealous, I'm in FL and on the market for one.
Got a steal considering the market and that it sold for ~$30k in 2009

Last edited:
Back