• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New Owner - A clean '91

Monel love....glad the previous owner saved the key. Newer wheels look good. Flips for the whip!!:cool:

Congratulations!
Pretty little gem.
Canadian car - foglights present. So whose exhaust is on it?

I still can't believe how well this thing drives, what a feeling!

Exhaust is oem I believe 🤔
It's my understanding that the rear valence and wheels are the updated parts, otherwise original.

We will see how long that will last though.

Welcome to Prime to a fellow hoser!

Not sure those are fog lights. They look like the Canadian DRL units? I haven't seen many to be sure though. It seems most of the NSX's up here are USDM models with no DLR & quite a few Canucks have removed their DRL units.

Last edited:
Welcome to Prime to a fellow hoser!

Not sure those are fog lights. They look like the Canadian DRL units? I haven't seen many to be sure though. It seems most of the NSX's up here are USDM models & quite a few Canucks have removed their DRL units.
Another one of us eh ;)

I think you're right on the DRL's, those will be off for this season.

Here's a much more understated version if you want. Wiring would be even easier for you since you already have the DRL wiring nearby:

I did it & am very pleased - functional DRL that looks completely stock:

Last edited:
HaHa the early oem exhaust diameter in so skinny they needed the star-wars tips to pump it up..

Excellent - looks to be very nice. I always have had a 'thing' for the original red with black roof. Are those later OEM rims or aftermarket rims? As noted, definitely not the original exhaust tips and they seem a little small in diameter compared to the later OEM tips on my 2000.

Do you know the provenance of your car? Are those OEM spec Canadian day time running lights as in this is a Canadian market NSX? The reason I ask is I purchased my 2000 NSX from Saskatoon Sport and Import in Martensville (since sold and is now a gym) in 2011 and they also had a low km red / black 1991 NSX that was originally delivered in Saskatoon. It was in pristine condition. I thought that car ended up going out of province; but, a couple of years ago a second red / black showed up in Regina (long time member @JW has a red / black). I have not seen that second car in a while so I was wondering if it got sold off.

Excellent - looks to be very nice. I always have had a 'thing' for the original red with black roof. Are those later OEM rims or aftermarket rims? As noted, definitely not the original exhaust tips and they seem a little small in diameter compared to the later OEM tips on my 2000.

Do you know the provenance of your car? Are those OEM spec Canadian day time running lights as in this is a Canadian market NSX? The reason I ask is I purchased my 2000 NSX from Saskatoon Sport and Import in Martensville (since sold and is now a gym) in 2011 and they also had a low km red / black 1991 NSX that was originally delivered in Saskatoon. It was in pristine condition. I thought that car ended up going out of province; but, a couple of years ago a second red / black showed up in Regina (long time member @JW has a red / black). I have not seen that second car in a while so I was wondering if it got sold off.

Thanks @Old Guy !

I have a likely incorrect history on the car - but I believe originally from Calgary. I am not exactly sure on where it traded hands locally but I think Dennis was the last owner who cared well for it over the last ~18 years. Full points for oem parts intact, books, tools, the dealer items!! I was fortunate to convince my friend to let me purchase it off him and I know he wishes to buy it back. It drives so beautifully - I feel so lucky to own it!

My understanding is that there is a local fellow who winter drives his beauty from time to time. Red/Black unit. I know Donovan has a black NA1, and a few others that are in the area from time to time.

I had a chat with Clint from Auto Dr. this last summer and he mentioned that he had been the one to service it too; very happy to see such an experienced technician had his hand on it!

Next time I have the car on the hoist I will take a look at the exhaust!

My first NSX looked just like this one. 1992 Red/Black with the polished 7 spokes. Should have simply left it like that and saved who knows how much money. Best of luck with it and enjoy the journey. Life is simply better with an NSX in your garage.

Back