• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New Owner in San Jose

Hi guys, I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Sylvan and I picked up at black 94 a couple of weeks ago. 100k miles on the odometer, and still in great shape. I'm loving it so far! This forum has already been of great help to me and I'm looking forward to contributing in the future. Thanks for looking.

nsx1.jpg

Welcome to the club. dont be scared about the 100K on the clock, I got mine with a little over 100K, she drives like a champ. as long as you keep her happy she will do the same.

I had to do a double look cuz yours looks exactly as mine

Welcom Sylvan. Hope to see you at one of our meetings or lunches.

Yes, bring it to one of our lunches, or bring your Hoveround. You will like Doug's, it has a widebody kit and Type-S suspension. His Hoveround, that is. I'm not sure if he even owns an NSX.

Looks like another WINNER!!!! Glad to have you aboard! New chapter in the life of a sports car owner - and what a car it is - happy trails. Like Shawn says - the 100k is not a biggy on these cars at all. It's really just broken in well. :wink:

Just a heads up regarding Ken when you meet him at a meeting or lunch... When he says he is going to bring the NSX, he means that in a literal sense. His NSX is a die cast model and he carries it around to meetings and lunches. His "daily driver", and only car is a 1998 silver Ford Focus.

You'll recognize him when you see him. He usually sits at a table by himself (He drools a lot) and can be seen pushing his die cast NSX on the table top while uttering "Vroom, Vroom."

I tried earlier to respond to this horrible characterization of me, but my keyboard shorted out from saliva, my therapist told me it's not really drool.

I hope you're enjoying your car and can join us sometime soon.

Welcome and congrats!

Welcome! I'm in San Jose too (Willow Glen), and I know of at least 3 more NSXs within a half mile of my house. I have yet to locate any of those owners on 'prime though.

173k on my clock, you got some catching up to do :)

-Josh

Beautiful car Sylvan - congrats on the excellent purchase, and welcome! :rolleyes: Jay

Welcome! The car looks great! I live in San Jose as well so if you're ever up for a drive, let me know.

Welcome and Congrats on your purchase :smile:

Enjoy yourself and try not to get a speeding ticket!

Thanks for the warm welcome :)
It's nice to see such a large local presence. Maybe one of these days I'll meet up with some of you at a meet or cruise or something.
After 3 weeks, I'm still loving the car! In fact, I like it even more now that I discovered the telescoping steering wheel so i could bring it closer to my chest (I have one of those long legs/short torso bodies :)
I had to work overtime to get garage project put back together so I could pull the NSX into the garage next to it. It's a 91 MR2 turbo, and I just put in a new clutch along with a few other "refreshments" like a new water pump and all new water hoses. I'm a very DIY kinda guy, and I think the NSX will need a new clutch in the next year or so, in which case I'll probably attempt to do it myself.

My project MR2: (runs well, obviously needs a paint job!)
IMG_0075.jpg

Congrats and welcome. Which part of San Jose? (north, south, west, or east)

I'm in south San Jose so let me know if some of you guys would wanna meet up sometime. Maybe starbucks on blossom hill and a cruise out past almaden.

Back