• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New owner in Seattle

Well I finally got that Nsx I had been dreaming about for a long time and would like to see whos in the area?
I m in Maple Valley and would like to know whos out there before going out to XXX root beer in July!

Congratulations and welcome aboard.:smile:

Congrats....how about the vitals: year, miles, mods and where you found it......Steve

I found it at niello in sacramento cal. one owner lease return from socal. #55 03 model listed on prime with 24K. It must have had some mods that were removed at least stereo equip. There were some loose fasteners inside with xm stereo in change tray. I want to remove it cause it seems like it is constantly cutting out in shadows of trees and what not. no mods for now. i hope to either get exhaust or coil overs first. any recomendations?

welcome!
for suspension, if you like OEM stuff, the type S suspension is really nice, but non adjustable. I have the NSX R suspension and I think it's really stiff.
For aftermarket, I recently rode in one with Tein monoflex, i thought it's a better setup than Tein RA as a entry level coilover suspension.

No comment on exhaust, I'm still running around with my stock setup! :rolleyes:

On mods - realize most people don't have the experience of going through all the different exhaust, headers, suspensions etc.... their experience will be limited to what they know.

The best way is to find people that have the items you are looking for and see how the car is different from yours, compare to others and see what you like.

As for me - I have the Taitec Lightweight GT and I love the exhaust over all others I've heard (so far..) Of course, they are lots of others that disagree....

I have the Tein Monoflex but I'd prefer something more boaty even with the EDC on the low settings - less stiff :rolleyes: .. For others, the Tein's are the entry level in stiffness....

If you haven't owned a NSX before then I would leave it stock for a few months. The beauty of the NSX is the fact that that it does so many things well. It a great DD, a great cruiser, a great date night car, a great track car and on top of that can almost be a convertible when you want it. It is truely the swiss army knife of cars.

However, the more you mod it the less versatile it becomes. For eg, Taitec LWGT - great exhaust but it is quite loud. This takes away for being a good road trip car, etc etc.

In my situation - I modded my car to be a DE car. Well the cars handles incredibly well but it has a stiff ride, brakes that squeel etc etc. It makes it a not so great DD.

ARK Speed Racing: DT-S Exhaust System
I drive mine almost everyday and it makes the car sound the way it should have from the factory. You know its there, but is great for everyday driving. The stock exhaust makes the car feel and sound dull in comparison....Steve

This is exactly what I was hoping for! Thanks for the input. I wanted some improved performance and sound but without everyone within a mile saying there goes rice rocket boy! However the car attracts more attention then I would like in my small community. So eventually it will be relagated to weekend warrior/date night duty.Know anyone that would like to sell a cheap truck?

Again thanks for the input!

Beautiful!! :)

This is exactly what I was hoping for! Thanks for the input. I wanted some improved performance and sound but without everyone within a mile saying there goes rice rocket boy! However the car attracts more attention then I would like in my small community. So eventually it will be relagated to weekend warrior/date night duty.Know anyone that would like to sell a cheap truck?

Again thanks for the input!

Don't worry about the attention. Just drive and be very happy :biggrin: .....Steve

Congratrulations, you should have come to the track yesterday and check polar and me out...
DSCN8687.jpg

by the way, this is your car!!
Image-56591F341C4111DC.jpg

Wow you must have hit that corner pretty hard! I will be tracking in the future. Whats the point in having the car an not using it. Thought I might drive it a little on the street before I see what it can do. My first performance car with Mid engine and rearwheel drive. I tried to make the last meets in the area but didnt work out see ya at XXX if your there!

Back