• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New Owner - Intro, first pics and my initial review.

Hi all,

I just picked up my first NSX and I thought I would introduce myself and give a brief review of my experience so far.

My name is Daniel, and I've had alot of vehicles leading up to the NSX. Several Honda's, Integra Turbo, E36 M3, several 240's with and without various motor swaps, a couple of MKIV Supra Turbo's (stock twins to singles), C5 Z06 and a few motorcycles. I just sold my C5 Z06 because I was concerned about the value being stable with the '08 base models coming out and due to the less than appealing "GM'ish" interior.

I was certain I was going for another MKIV Supra Turbo, but amidst my search I recalled the NSX and started looking into them again. Well, ironically not a day or two later I stumble upon a local Comptech SC'd NSX that was up for consignment at a local dealer who was a friend of the owner. I walked up, negotiated a great price, and picked it up the next day.

Its been 2 days since I bought it. Wow... my thoughts follow:

Specs:
1991 Black on Black
68k miles
Comptech Blower (6psi)
Comptech Headers and Exhaust
Comptech Hi-pro Clutch
OZ wheels with Bridgestone RE050A tires

Pros:
-Honda feel (back to my roots)
-Exotic looks (F40'ish looks)
-Exclusivity (You don't see these. In fact, I see more MKIV Supras oddly enough)
-Driving visibility (WOW!)
-Ride quality (not mushy by any means, but not overly stiff)
-Steering response (WOW!)
-Handling (WOW!)
-Engine sound (Closest to a Ferrari that I can think of)

Cons:
-Stereo (ouch, painfully bland sound quality)
-Acceleration (I've been spoiled by a 484whp Supra hardtop unfortunately).

So overall, I love the car. The only exception is that I need more power. I'm hoping that the 9psi pulley, fuel upgrade and a tune will make me happier with that item.

Thanks,

Daniel

PICS:

front.jpg

side.jpg

rear.jpg

rear-angle.jpg

interior1.jpg

interior2.jpg

engine1.jpg

engine2.jpg

Congrats Daniel....
That is one clean looking 91. Looks as though you have the best looking car on the street.:smile:

Lighten it first before adding more power. You will easily drop .2-.3 in the 1/4 mile and it will handle much easier (especially the steering because you will take 40+lbs off the front wheels).

Take off the ugly engine cover, add a lw battery, take out the spare and the toolkit. There goes 80lbs... then go here for ideas. If that doesn't do it, get a 6spd or upgrade your internals and go turbo or SC it to 500rwhp.

Welcome aboard. Your NSX looks sweet.:smile:

WOW!! That car looks REALLY clean. Those seats do not look like they have 68k miles on them!! :eek:

If you wanted more power, you perhaps should've bought a stock NSX, and then went the turbo route. I know a couple guys on here who have 500rwhp with their turbos.

Back