• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New Owner,Old Member

After years of NSXCA membership, I was finally able to make the plunge and purchase my first NSX...I couldn't have done it this comfortably, without the help and information found on NSXPrime...Special thanks to Hrant, and others who posted responses to my inquiries last month, regarding "'02's for low 70's". Hrants forwarding of an e-mail from Gary and Kelly at Niello Acuara in Sacamento, led to my flying up there on Wednesday, and driving the 400 miles home in a new '02 Sil/Sil targa. Just as impressive as the handling this vehicle, is the courtesy and professionalism of Gary and Kelly...And, contrary to the local situation here, they actually have a selection of new and used NSX's...Well, becoming an NSX driving member of the club has fulfilled a dream, and I'm looking forward to meeting many of you in the future...Thanks to all for your help in making it possible..
Sincerely,
Corey
(and now, I can finally add the following):
'02 sil/sil

Congratulations! I could only imagine the feeling of owning a brand new NSX! The '02's are very, very nice :^)
I would love to see pics of your '02 Silver/Silver NSX someday! The darker silvers are my second favorite color (next to black) for the NSX.
Take care.
-Thomas

------------------
'94 Brooklands Green Pearl/Black NSX
5-Speed

Thomas,
Thanks so much for the kind words...Would love to send pics, but i had to clean out my digital camera (as well as every other) fund, for the car...As soon as I can replenish the account, I look forward to picking up a camera and posting the appropriate pics...

Congratulations and welcome to the group of silverstone NSX owners! I was just wondering whether you actually purchased your car in the low 70's as promised and what other '02's does Niello have in their inventory. I'm playing with the idea of getting an '02 myself since the changes for this year are starting to grow on me. Congratulations again!

------------------
'00 NSX-T, silverstone/blk, #252

Congratulations Corey!!!

Did you happen to see the new rule Lud posted regarding ownership of a new 02 model??? You have to loan out your car every other weekend to a fellow NSX'er!
biggrin.gif

I am very happy for you
smile.gif

-Swish

Many thanks to CChung, Swish, Wadasan, huckster, khuezee for the congragulatory messages..During the years waiting for my dream to be a reality, I was inspired not only by the vision of the car, but also by the comaraderie expressed by the owners on NSXPrime...This is a group which I am proud to be a part of..
And in reply to the question from CChung:
At the time of purchase, Niello Acura had a new red/camel on the showroom floor...And although I didn't see the used vehicles, Gary and Kelly told me that they had 2 of them, with one being a full blown supercharged competition vehicle..As far as the price goes, they set the price to equal my out the door offer of 80K..in this case, with all taxes and registration, the base vehicle price was $72,475...If you need further info, their # is 1-800-350-2299. I was very impressed, from start to finish, with my experience with Gary and Kelley at Niello.
And to Swish: I didn't realize that Lud had made that weekend tradeoff rule. However, if that is his policy, far be it for me to violate the regulations...Just come on by anytime...(although, I seem to feel there is a very strong chance that I will not be home)...LOL...
Look forward to meeting many of you in the near future...
-Corey

Congratulations! Since you're in Redondo Beach, I figure I'll be seeing you around quite a bit...I spend a lot of time in the South Bay.

Too bad you didn't get your NSX a few weeks earlier...there has been a lot of local activity!

------------------
--akira3D
'00 Acura NSX-T (red/black), '97 Honda Civic HX (black), '01 Lexus IS300 (black/black)
"Reality is better than the dream..."

akira3d.com/nsx

Hi Corey,
Thanks for your reply! I got in contact with Kelly today after she emailed me after seeing my previous post.And just my luck they sold the '02 red/camel today. I was wondering how they could sell the '02s at such a big discount and it looks like Acura has a big dealer incentive going on right now that doesn't show up on edmunds.com, the website I periodically check for customer/dealer incentives. Oh well, maybe it was meant to be and that I should wait for the next generation NSX. Hopefully it will be better than the first generation. Thanks again for your reply.

------------------
'00 NSX-T, silverstone/blk, #252

Back