• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New Owner - Pittsburgh

Hi everyone! I just wanted to introduce myself. I purchased a 1998 Spa Yellow NSX in Tampa, FL last Friday and drove back to Pittsburgh, PA. She has 44,000 miles and looks like she just rolled off the production line. New clutch, valve adjustment, TB/WP. Not sure about the coolant hoses, so that may be a first project. Other than the 18/19 HRE wheels, air intake, and shift knob - bone stock. I had plans to change/repair/update things, but now I'm pretty happy with the current setup [subject to change].

I wanted to thank everyone at this forum for all of the help that you've provided. Countless hours were spent researching everything from tall people fitment to potential mechanical issues - all worth it.

I'll be posting in the Northeast section, but I'm looking for a good service technician in the Pgh area. Also, please let me know if anyone is planning to come in for the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix on July 24/25. They have a pretty nice car show as part of the event. The cars are parked on a golf course and then divided by country and make.

Regards.

Attachments

• 1998 NSX - small.JPG
    1998 NSX - small.JPG
    50.9 KB · Views: 144
Congratulations and welcome here TRN107! I wish you much happiness with your NSX:smile:

Congrats on the purchase - great looking NSX! Bet the drive was a nice adventure as well. Am originally from your area (Monongahela area) and know there are some nice country roads all around the area.

Before you tackle the hoses, maybe get that sidewalk fixed...!. :biggrin:

Happy Motoring! Jay

Very nice.... add a little black and it will be perfect for Steeler games :smile:

Spa yellow is a very nice color... beautiful car.

Welcome to the NSX family.

did you buy it from a guy named Dave? it was the only spa yellow 98 around.
wow i didnt see it forsale anywhere did you keep in on the down low didnt want anyone to get to it first? LOL

I could have done the PPI for you as I am in tampa also. sneaky sneaky

Wow! nice find. Congratulations and the wheels look awesome on her. The yellow is a great color as you can see the details and lines so clearly when she drives by.

did you buy it from a guy named Dave? it was the only spa yellow 98 around.
wow i didnt see it forsale anywhere did you keep in on the down low didnt want anyone to get to it first? LOL

I could have done the PPI for you as I am in tampa also. sneaky sneaky

Congrats on the purchase! definitely very discrete. In my 6 yrs of ownership, I have actually only seen 1 yellow nsx on the road that I did not plan a meet with. Yellow nsx sold out of tampa and Shawn and I never even saw it!

Congrats again! great looking car ; )

Congrats to a fellow Pennsylvanian... I liked rbilders comment about adding black for Steelers games. :biggrin:

Congrats on the purchase! definitely very discrete. In my 6 yrs of ownership, I have actually only seen 1 yellow nsx on the road that I did not plan a meet with. Yellow nsx sold out of tampa and Shawn and I never even saw it!

Congrats again! great looking car ; )

Great looking car and congratulations! You got a jewel! AND You and Shawn are slipping dudes...:eek:....lol. I've started calling Shawn the "investigator", might have to reconsider....your post was funny Shawn.

Happy trails in the new car! Welcome to the family as my buddy said. Great family here.

Thanks guys. The car was listed on autotrader, ebay, and nsxtrader (but not here!) - so about as sneaky as a bright yellow car can be. The PPI was done at Crown Acura in Clearwater (no issues).

The drive back was amazing. It was fun experiencing all this car offers on the road and also meeting random people. In between the "That's a nice Lamborghini" people, it's cool to meet the "Wow, I haven't seen an NSX in 4 years" or "Is that a 2010?" people.

Yeah, that sidewalk definitely needs to be fixed! The pic was taken at my parents' house. I should probably handle that one, as my dad did help wash, clay, wax, and ogle the car. Least I can do!

Speaking of Steelers...I can't wait to put on some black racing stripes and big number 7 on the hood to complete the Yinzer look.:smile: jk...My mom literally threw her Roethlisberger jersey in the trash - so I got her a 'wholesome' Heath Miller one to replace it.

Speaking of Steelers...I can't wait to put on some black racing stripes and big number 7 on the hood to complete the Yinzer look.:smile: jk...My mom literally threw her Roethlisberger jersey in the trash - so I got her a 'wholesome' Heath Miller one to replace it.

She coulda sent it to me! Im going to the Steelers / Saints game in NO, which if Roethlisberger serves 6 game suspension will be his first game back and Im going in full Roethlisberger gear. Cant wait... You'll love the car. Enjoy!

Welcome,but you are in another world being in the Pittsburgh region:wink:

Congratulations and welcome.

Congrats!

I saw a yellow 97-01 on the highways near BWI this past Sunday, around 2:30pm. Looked super clean. Any chance it was you?

Hi everyone! I just wanted to introduce myself. I purchased a 1998 Spa Yellow NSX in Tampa, FL last Friday and drove back to Pittsburgh, PA. She has 44,000 miles and looks like she just rolled off the production line. New clutch, valve adjustment, TB/WP. Not sure about the coolant hoses, so that may be a first project. Other than the 18/19 HRE wheels, air intake, and shift knob - bone stock. I had plans to change/repair/update things, but now I'm pretty happy with the current setup [subject to change].

I wanted to thank everyone at this forum for all of the help that you've provided. Countless hours were spent researching everything from tall people fitment to potential mechanical issues - all worth it.

I'll be posting in the Northeast section, but I'm looking for a good service technician in the Pgh area. Also, please let me know if anyone is planning to come in for the Pittsburgh Vintage Grand Prix on July 24/25. They have a pretty nice car show as part of the event. The cars are parked on a golf course and then divided by country and make.

Regards.

Great looking NSX. Nice wheels as well. I'm sure you'll enjoy the ownership experience.

I am a Pittsburgh native (grew up in the North Hills - CMU grad). Purchased my NSX 4 years ago here in Raleigh, NC area from another Pittsburgher -CMU grad.

The Vintage Grand Prix is quite the event. When I still lived in Pittsburgh I would never miss that. I even volunteered as a timer for the races. The car shows are amazing. I think i will try and make it up there this year. Planning on showing your NSX???

Regards, John

No, gsr-nsx, that was not me. I thought about Baltimore as a way point, but decided to cut through WV instead. I lived in Baltimore for about 4-5 years, so that will probably be my first actual road trip. Maybe in the next few weeks.

Thanks, John. Some of my friends want me to show the car in the Schenley car show and I probably will. I can't wait for the, "How long have you owned the car?" "About four weeks." Definitely let me know if you're heading up. I was Penn State undergrad, CMU grad.

Steelers/Eagles, not too big a rivalry. Pens/Flyers, however, now there's a battle between good and evil. ...though a nice run in the playoffs for evil this year.:smile:

I sat in a Spa Yellow one at the Acura of Omaha Dealership at least 6 years ago, I suspect longer than that the way time flies by.

It was nice. But if I remember correctly they were asking $65k or more for that one at the time... so all I did was stop by the showroom to look at it, since it was the first one I had been able to see up close. They let me sit in it. It was out of my price range, but it did help seal my desire to go out an get one.

It was very nice... I use to see one around town (Omaha), may or may have been the same car, but I haven't seen a Spa Yellow one for several years now. (I've seen another red 91, a black pop-up head light one drive by, and 21acres stopped by with his silver 91). But you rarely see them in these parts.

It looks like a very nice find...

(Fantasy Football is just around the corner) :smile:

Very nice, make sure you drive it as much as you can and you will appreciate it more:smile:

Back