• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New Owner - Yes!

Last sunday my recently purchased 1991 NSX (Silver/Black) was delivered to my house from Texas. The car has 67,000 miles, no mods except for '97 wheels, and is not in the snap ring range. The previous owner had all of the service records since the car was new.

I had been looking for an NSX since last September. The search took longer than I had expected partly because i was looking for a silver, white, or green (94) coupe. I was also looking for a car with less than 75,000 miles and few modifications. I found the car in the "for sale" section here at NSXPrime. I've already sent in my application for NSXCA membership.

The car is an absolute blast to drive. The handling is exceptional and has decent power. The torque band is phenomenal. The car will be used for weekend driving and 2-3 track events per year. As to future modifications, I want to drive the car for a while and see what changes I feel need to be made, if any.

Other cars considered: Nissan 350Z, BMW M coupe, BMW M3, De Tomaso Pantera

Reasons for choosing NSX: Styling, handling, reliability

Previous fun cars owned: 1968 Datsun 510, 1969 Fiat 124 coupe, 1976 Mercury Capri V6, 1966 Mustang GT, 1985 BMW M635, 1995 Mustang Cobra (stolen)

I'm looking forward to taking the car on the track. I've previously driven at Sears Point, Buttonwillow, Laguna Seca, and Thunderhill with the BMW and Shelby clubs. I'm especially looking forward to NSXPO at Sears Point (Infineon) in October. I hope to get some track time in before then.

I want to thank all of you for the information I've recieved from the contributers to this forum and from the FAQ. I look forward to meeting other S.F Bay Area NSX owners and attending local get-togethers and drives.

See you out there,

Jeff

Congratulations, and welcome.

Congrats!!! Please post some pictures :)

JeffNSX said:
I look forward to meeting other S.F Bay Area NSX owners and attending local get-togethers and drives.

Check out the Northwest Regional forum for local event info.

We also have monthly club meetings / lunch at McArthy Ranch in Milpitas (Macaroni Grill).

There is a nice drive to Carmel / Pebble Beach planned for the next monthly meeting. That would be a great event for you to meet some local NSXers. Check the Northwest forum for updates.

Welcome to the family!!!

Congrats and welcome. I saw that car for sale here in the Houston paper and was about to post it in the For Sale section, but then noticed the seller registered and posted it himself. Glad you found it!!
Regards
Z

Someone should use that as the suggested template for new owners for post #1.Welcome.

JeffNSX said:
Last sunday my recently purchased 1991 NSX (Silver/Black) was delivered to my house from Texas. The car has 67,000 miles, no mods except for '97 wheels, and is not in the snap ring range. The previous owner had all of the service records since the car was new.

I had been looking for an NSX since last September. The search took longer than I had expected partly because i was looking for a silver, white, or green (94) coupe. I was also looking for a car with less than 75,000 miles and few modifications. I found the car in the "for sale" section here at NSXPrime. I've already sent in my application for NSXCA membership.

The car is an absolute blast to drive. The handling is exceptional and has decent power. The torque band is phenomenal. The car will be used for weekend driving and 2-3 track events per year. As to future modifications, I want to drive the car for a while and see what changes I feel need to be made, if any.

Good Luck ........ I'll get my 91 silver/black on Sat. I'll check back with you once I get it home. I waited like you for a long time to find the right silver one.

Other cars considered: Nissan 350Z, BMW M coupe, BMW M3, De Tomaso Pantera

Reasons for choosing NSX: Styling, handling, reliability

Previous fun cars owned: 1968 Datsun 510, 1969 Fiat 124 coupe, 1976 Mercury Capri V6, 1966 Mustang GT, 1985 BMW M635, 1995 Mustang Cobra (stolen)

I'm looking forward to taking the car on the track. I've previously driven at Sears Point, Buttonwillow, Laguna Seca, and Thunderhill with the BMW and Shelby clubs. I'm especially looking forward to NSXPO at Sears Point (Infineon) in October. I hope to get some track time in before then.

I want to thank all of you for the information I've recieved from the contributers to this forum and from the FAQ. I look forward to meeting other S.F Bay Area NSX owners and attending local get-togethers and drives.

See you out there,

Jeff

Congratulations!!!

Jeff

I'm going to try this again as I am still working my way around ...sorry I appeared to have snuck in somewhere on the thread. Just wanted to say good luck with your silver car. I to just picked up mine (yesterday). Just filled out the app. for the club and am waiting to drive it a bit before I do anything further to the car. I did see in the gallery section a shot of a silver car in Arizona with full tint and Harts. I wasn''''t thinking of the tinting but it looks insane

Congratulations on the new car! As I'm sure you know, there are tons of owners in your area. Definitely hook up with the local owners - I've met several and they are all great folks.

Back