• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New Race Car!

Q

Experienced Member
Hey Everyone,

My Spec Miata finally arrived! Holy crap this thing is tiny but freakin' LOUD!!!!! :eek:

Attachments

• specmiata1.jpg
    specmiata1.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 99
  • specmiata2.jpg
    specmiata2.jpg
    91.9 KB · Views: 103
Congrats.

I kinda like the white with black roof. What number is it going to be?

Where are they finding rust free Miatas these days? Every one I see on the street is full of holes already.

sweet!

Are those Volks?

Dave

PS, have you been to Downers Grove Friday nights this year yet. I am thinking of going if it doesn't rain. Can you drive that beast (legally) on the street? I need you to see my new ride also.:biggrin:

The wheels are TRMotorsports, which is Tire Rack's own brand made specifically for Spec Miata.

This will be my track only car. I drove it around my neighborhood last night just to get a quick feel for it and it's crazy, crazy loud. I may have perhaps alienated myself from some neighbors last night. :eek::rolleyes:

It's loud on the outside, and really loud on the inside since there's no interior, carpet, sound deadening, nothing. I think you'd go seriously bonkers driving it for more than a few miles on the street. Also, driving around with a full roll cage without a helmet is asking for some serious bumptey-bumps on the 'ole melon. :tongue:

Yea, yea, Frank that was Sean for sure! :tongue:
Although I am not quite "like that," I do like the color of that car :redface:

P S Hey Sean - I hope you enjoy your new track car.

Congrats Sean! The new ride looks AWESOME!!
We have to get together again soon.

Congrats Sean! The new ride looks AWESOME!!
We have to get together again soon.

What's your next track event? I was all excited about the NASA event at Autobahn in July, but just realized I'll be in NAPA sipping wine that weekend!

Are you racing in NASA or SCCA or both? W 2 W or HPDE's? Got some friends from the Quad Cities in Spec Miata w/ SCCA.

Are you racing in NASA or SCCA or both? W 2 W or HPDE's? Got some friends from the Quad Cities in Spec Miata w/ SCCA.

Not sure yet. I'll be doing some HPDEs first to get acclimated to the car and then going for my racing license. I'm leaning towards NASA.

Not sure yet. I'll be doing some HPDEs first to get acclimated to the car and then going for my racing license. I'm leaning towards NASA.

Join us at Autobahn on August 3rd, I'll be instructing.
MVPtracktime.com.

Back