• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

>>> new release <<< ScienceofSpeed Advanced Exhaust Header System

The ScienceofSpeed Advanced Exhaust Headers are the result of years of testing to develop the highest performing exhaust header for the NSX using superior materials and craftsmanship at a reasonable price.

• dyno proven results: 3.0L - 27.8 whp & 3.2L - 16.8 whp with ScienceofSpeed Endura Lite Exhaust
  • full stainless steel construction - T304 tubes and flanges, CNC mandrel bent, back purge TIG welded
  • guaranteed factory fitment - fits properly from flange to flange, and will not hit the oil pan, cross member, or A/C compressor like other designs
  • plug and play oxygen sensor extensions - not need to cut up wires like other designs

The ScienceofSpeed Advanced Exhaust Header System is included in our end of year sale! (click for details)

advanced_headers_1024.jpg

3.0L-Headers.jpg

91-94_hardware_kit-800.jpg

Last edited:
I recently had Science of Speed Install these.

The car sounds much better after the work you did, it is throatier and a little louder but not to the point you can't talk normally while driving. It's music to my ears. I also enjoy the increased peppiness of the car, it definitely gets moving better than it did.

The car sounds much better after the work you did, it is throatier and a little louder but not to the point you can't talk normally while driving. It's music to my ears. I also enjoy the increased peppiness of the car, it definitely gets moving better than it did.

Thanks for your feedback James! James' beautiful early 3.0L NSX picked up 27 horsepower between the ScienceofSpeed headers and exhaust installed tested back to back.

- - - Updated - - -

Do you have finished results with a stock exhaust?

Yes, we have tested with the factory exhaust in place. Unfortunately, the factory exhaust is very restrictive and negates the increased flow of the headers. Gains were less 1-2% (3-4 hp) when the factory exhaust was left in place. The best analogy we can share is of a river. No mater if a dam is placed upstream (the headers) or downstream (the exhaust) the total flow will be affected the same.

Yes, we have tested with the factory exhaust in place. Unfortunately, the factory exhaust is very restrictive and negates the increased flow of the headers. Gains were less 1-2% (3-4 hp) when the factory exhaust was left in place. The best analogy we can share is of a river. No mater if a dam is placed upstream (the headers) or downstream (the exhaust) the total flow will be affected the same.

Why is it so low? NA2 (97-99) stock headers have more gains with the NA1 stock exhaust.

Is it smog legal for Calif?

Back