• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New Shifter Kart / Fun-Rental Kart Track at Pacific Raceways!

1.NSX-D
2.NA1/2-R
3.NSXDreamer2
4.4mulacar
5.titaniumdave
6.FastFour (Zach)
7.?

1.NSX-D
2.NA1/2-R
3.NSXDreamer2
4.4mulacar
5.titaniumdave
6. Richard (Dan's guest)
7. Ken (Dan's guest)
8. Son (Dan's guest)
9. Richard S2K (Dan's guest)
10. John Microsoft?
12. Exige

I added my name...again.

1.NSX-D
2.NA1/2-R
3.NSXDreamer2
4.4mulacar
5.titaniumdave
6. Richard (Dan's guest)
7. Ken (Dan's guest)
8. Son (Dan's guest)
9. Richard S2K (Dan's guest)
10. John Microsoft?
12. Exige
13.FastFour

Anybody have an official head count from the S2K guys?

Reposting from S2ki.com:
http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=696919&view=findpost&p=16288251

I had a few spare minutes this weekend and dropped by Pacific GP for two sessions on Sunday 5/24.
•Timing equipment will be in place later this week.
•Cash or Credit cards only right now. They cannot accept Debit cards until they get a pin pad.
•Prices were $20 per session as they have not officially "opened" yet.
•There are only 10 rental karts right now. They have an additional 50 in containers ready to be assembled.
•They are using portable buildings during construction.
•Things are generally disorganized, especially in the pits. Be sure to put your helmet a rental kart to reserve your "spot" in the next heat.
•There are no flag stations and generally you are left to your own fate on the track. Beware.

I was able to obtain seat time on two configurations:
•South Course long
•North Course long
Some random thoughts on these layouts with a rental kart.

South Course long
This is the slightly more technical end of the track. You will easily hit the rev limiter on the front straight and between T3 and T4. Turn 1, 3, and 4 were the only braking zones. Though I have my doubts as to whether you need to brake for turn 1 and 3. Late apexing all but turn 5 seems to be the way to go. I ended up lapping everyone at least twice in a twelve minute session. Without timing and without another experienced driver for reference, it is difficult to gauge how close to optimum I'm driving.

North Course long
This is the more physically demanding section of the track. The North Course is a series of sweepers and you will be engaged in sustained turning for the majority of a lap. The challenge on this ribbon, is to maintain speed. The karts have quite a bit of grip. Enough grip that I was Full throttle 100% of the way. No braking, no lifting, no difficulty hitting early-mid-late apex on any turn. I'm postulating that the fastest laptime will be obtained if you can find a line that maximizes driving with the front tires pointed as straight as possible. Without timing to reference against, I cannot determine the ultimately fastest line on this course. I was comparing notes with one of the other drivers and we tested late apexes in his kart and early apexes in mine. There was no difference in track position after 10 laps (lead and follow). The three main sweepers in this section of the track are the easiest to pass other drivers. Truon's video showed the North Course Short. The only difference in the configuration was as stretch of the front straight and a left hand 180 turn are missing.

Last edited:
Anybody have an official head count from the S2K guys?

Once I have some event details, I will start a thread. All that has been established is a date.

• Event format?
  • Price?
  • Start time?

I can take over planning for the event, if needed.

If you are interested in joining the S2000 club this Saturday a few of us are meeting there for open lapping. Or more succinctly, if you want some cheating bastard practice before the July 12th meet, this is your opportunity.

http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php?act=ST&f=36&t=702427&st=0#entry16297186

If you want to RSVP feel free to PM me on NSX Prime or reply to the thread on S2ki.com. I hope to see a few of you this weekend.

I hate to be the party-pooper, but Pacific GP will be closed on July 12th for the NHRA event.

The S2000 meet on Saturday had 23 drivers, including a few members from this forum. Pacific GP is not fully open yet, but they are quite interested in having our clubs do a joint event there. I'll work with Dan and get a new date established.

Bummer!

Let us know what the options are. There are 4 of us interested in coming up from Portland, probably drag up 3 karts too so we can check out the track with our own toys too!

Keep us informed.

I got a chance to meet the owners this week. I get to drive my car on the track for the longest time. Next day I drove Exige on the track...more fun than NSX(sorry) :) :biggrin: Those guys are very nice and friendly. Track is so so nice i had a great fun! They are planning to do club events, motorcycles stuff(saw Jake Holden on the bike, dude is amazing), tournaments and so much more. can someone please book nsx track day this year before the calendar is full?

Attachments

• Photo-0014.jpg
    Photo-0014.jpg
    49.1 KB · Views: 115
Damn that was alright, never thought of asking to do that stunt! The turns are a little tight for a street car but you made some cool car sounds! There is no way I could get my forumla car to turn into the tight turns on that track I would have to add so much caster to get the bad boy to turn in it would be scary as &*%!. Nice one Arnon!

Next day I drove Exige on the track...more fun than NSX(sorry) :) :biggrin:

Sounds like you need some upgrades on that NSX...bet you I know how to make your NSX more fun:wink::biggrin:

Back