• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New to houston...

Sup guys...
I just moved out to houston from nor.cal. Bought a house out in the NW 290/1960 area. Just wonderin if anyone can recommend some good places to eat, things to do, etc... hopefully i'll make it out to an nsx meet one of these days and meet some of you all. Its a shame i sold my nsx a couple years ago, but im looking to climb back into one in the near future. :) cheers!

Denny

btw... theres a yellow 2002+ nsx down the street from me (windemere). belong to anyone on here?

Hi Denny,
Welcome to the 'H' town! :smile: ..
Actually, quite a few of us live not too far from your area. SamBel, FastRunner , WheelMan and Norm lives not far from there. I live more to the south of you.

As for places to eat, etc .. close to you, on Eldridge & 1960, Thai Spice buffet is not bad. Of course, the asian food places on Bellaire are the places to go to eat, but you can also drive up 1960 to Veteran's Memorial for some asian places.
For good ol' TX burgers .. I like Christian's on I-10 & Shepherd, ..
There's quite a good and diverse places to eat here in Houston ..

We'll let you know if there are some upcoming meets here .. If you want to, you can PM me your # or e-mail and will let you know if I hear anything about some events.

Cheers .. Gus

Welcome to H-Town Denny!

I use to live in Copperfield and would see that yellow NSX coming from Windmere all the time. I am living near 290/Beltway now. I believe we are gonna try and hook up for coffee or something within 2-3 weeks.

For food, you have come to the right city. We were named Fattest City a couple of years ago because of the number of restaurants compared to the number of gyms:rolleyes:

Steaks- Pappa Brothers SteakHouse (Near Galleria)
Italian- Maggiano's Little Italy (Near Galleria_
Hamburgers- Pappa Brothers Hamburgers (Near Galleria)
Sushi- Japanero's (Sugar Land)
Buffalo Wings- (Wing Stop, BWW)
Drinks- Fox and Hound
Asian- anything in Chinatown and P.F. Changs

Things to do- I-10/Silber has Edwards theatres/Jillians/Drink Houston

Just depends on your preference..but glad you are here and we will have to meet up sometime.

bsudiro said:
Thai Spice buffet is not bad.
For good ol' TX burgers .. I like Christian's on I-10 & Shepherd, ..

Thai Spice, YUM !
Christians burgers, YUUUm !

All this talk about food is making me hungry !

We should have a meet sometime at some local small place like Christians ! That place wouldnt be too good for us though as it will be hard for us to pull in and out of the parking lot with our Nsx's !!

thanx for the replies guys! asian food i've had plenty of back home. I gotta try me some texas beef though to see what all the hype is about. haha. anyway, once i START unpacking and get settled in, ill let you guys know. hope you dont mind if i roll up in my minivan. haha. no joke.

DeNguyen said:
I gotta try me some texas beef though to see what all the hype is about. haha.

Hi Denny, and Welcome to Houston.

If you like Texas beef/BBQ, you have to check out Good Company Restaurant @ 8911 Katy Fwy (I-10), also Taste of Texas @ I-10/Beltway 8 is a good place to go if you like steak.

I live near you as well, just 1/2 mile off N.Eldrige/Grant Rd. Hope to see you at our next meet.

ill let you guys know. hope you dont mind if i roll up in my minivan. haha. no joke.

It wouldn't be the first time:tongue: but once the Paul stops making fun of you, he'll go out and buy a minivan too:biggrin:

Welcome!

Living in NoCal for 3 years myself, I will say the Asian food in Houston is okay, but not really comparable to Bay Area's standard (in quality and diversification).

However, here are some of my recommendations:

Steaks - Pappa Brothers (Hands down the best in town, near Galleria)
Italian - Maggiano's Little Italy (Family run, with big portion, try Tiramisu), Grotto (near Galleria)
French - Tony's (Prob the best in town, near Galleria), Le Mistral (great food for the price, near Elderidge/I-10)
Sushi - Azuma (great scene), Teppei (Where Japanese business men go, near Galleria), Sushi King (Kirby/Richmond, neat environment, fresh fish but rather limited in selection) and Sakana (IF you crave sushi and other places are packed). However, if you want real good sushi/Japanese food, head north to Dallas. (Tei Tei and Teppo are GREAT)
Vietnamese Pho - Cafe Bodard (on Bellaire Blvd)

Aside from that, I would say over half of the restaurants on Bellaire are sub-par. Just lower price, that's all. Again, you can always have Asian food when you go back to NoCal to visit your family :wink:

See you around! :smile:

Fastrunner said:
Hi Denny, and Welcome to Houston.

If you like Texas beef/BBQ, you have to check out Good Company Restaurant @ 8911 Katy Fwy (I-10), also Taste of Texas @ I-10/Beltway 8 is a good place to go if you like steak.

I live near you as well, just 1/2 mile off N.Eldrige/Grant Rd. Hope to see you at our next meet.

Good recommendations Nick.

bling said:
Welcome!

Living in NoCal for 3 years myself, I will say the Asian food in Houston is okay, but not really comparable to Bay Area's standard (in quality and diversification).

However, here are some of my recommendations:

Steaks - Pappa Brothers (Hands down the best in town, near Galleria)
Italian - Maggiano's Little Italy (Family run, with big portion, try Tiramisu), Grotto (near Galleria)
French - Tony's (Prob the best in town, near Galleria), Le Mistral (great food for the price, near Elderidge/I-10)
Sushi - Azuma (great scene), Teppei (Where Japanese business men go, near Galleria), Sushi King (Kirby/Richmond, neat environment, fresh fish but rather limited in selection) and Sakana (IF you crave sushi and other places are packed). However, if you want real good sushi/Japanese food, head north to Dallas. (Tei Tei and Teppo are GREAT)
Vietnamese Pho - Cafe Bodard (on Bellaire Blvd)

Aside from that, I would say over half of the restaurants on Bellaire are sub-par. Just lower price, that's all. Again, you can always have Asian food when you go back to NoCal to visit your family :wink:

See you around! :smile:

A lot of the restaurants your recommending are on the west side of houston. You live near Eldridge/I-10 area Brian ?

Hey Denny,

I just saw this thread. I'll be over in Austin for work from 2/1-2/3. I guess it would be too far to hook up, but I figured I'd say hi and congrats on the house.

Otto

Back