• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New to the forum

Hi. I'm new to the NSX world but am seriously considering buying a used '91 to '95. The problem is I live in Canada and though the guideance found here is really extensive I find pricing and valuateing are hard to convert to Canadian dollars as the markets are different as well as the dollar-for-dollar values. Are there any Canadian members who can ball-park a price range year-on-year for a reasonably well-maintained NSX across these years? Thanks in advance for your time.
Tim

Welcome to the forum.

A word of advice, provided to help, not to flame: If you want to encourage people to view your post, then it's a good idea to use the subject to do so. For example, if a subject says "New to the forum", the logical assumption of many people scanning subject titles is that it contains something like "hi I just wanted to say hi because I'm new here" and they might not even bother viewing the topic. If, on the other hand, you used a subject that said "Prices of Used NSX in Canada", it might be more likely to catch the eye of those living north of the 49th Parallel, who would then view the topic and provide you with the replies you're looking for.

Also, it doesn't make much sense to look for a used '91 to '95. Why cut it off there? The '95 is identical to the '96, so anyone looking for a '95 would want a '96. Also, most folks either prefer the removable roof panel of a '95-96 NSX-T and are willing to pay for it, or they prefer the rigidity and/or lower cost of a '91-94 NSX Coupe. Decide what you are looking for...

Well that's not the reply I was expecting but I'll rewrite the post to more accuratly express my needs. Thank you for the advice. Regarding the phraseing of my question, I fknow that cost is a strong issue so having some price breakdowns would, in my opinion, help me decide what I want. I'm afraid I simply don't have the funds to look at it from a 'what otions do I want' kinda way, while at the same time I'm not looking at a vehicle I can't afford to look at. I only wanted to know what the market was like so I could then firm up what I wish to persue. I hope this clarifies what I was trying to do.

Hi Tim,

I noticed that a black/ivory '91 at the western end of your country just got posted for sale here.

I don't know anything about the car or the seller, and am not expressing an opinion about the car or its price. I am simply passing along this information in case it is useful to you.

I also see that there are 15 NSXs for sale in Ontario on Autotrader.

Good luck.

Existing NSX Prices

I don't know who wrote the FAQ pages on NSX pricing, or how. But I've created a little simple minded application anyone can use to show the FAQ prices are pretty right on.

The application currently has about 100 NSXs for sale or recently sold in the US, with prices, mileages, location, modifications, VIN, etc. There is also a page with pictures (if you can get them) to help remember which particular vehicle you're looking at.
It computes a bunch of 'factors' based primarily on mileage and secondarily on price. You can get an NSX Prime price by summing the asking price and the price factor (a negative price factor means the asking price is LESS than "expected.') It's not scientific, or really very valid, but it does allow a ranking and some order to your thinking.

One of the reports lists all the NSXs in your current list ordered by year and the factors I gleened from the FAQ. After each year, it computes the average price and mileage for the year. It also prints the average factors.

For your use you could delete all my entries, and begin browsing Prime, ebay, autotrader, and any other source you have.
After you get a reasonable number or entries you can run the reports. You then would have at least an idea of asking prices as a place to start.

NSX Prime Member KGP in St Louis and I have been trying to get the application to him to post on the web site. We're having trouble with an FTP post, and will resort to a CD if necessary.

Keep watching and we'll see if we can get it available to all Prime members

Here are some screen shots of the app.

Mark

Here is a sample of the report. Note that there are more 1992s on the previous page, so the averages you see here are NOT the averages of the list you see.

thanks for the help. I appreciate it greatly. I'm just getting the hang of the site and your input is a great guide.

Back