• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New Vendor Page Requirement

Effective September 14, 2009 every vendor who uses this forum must:

1. Have a Vendor Page for their company. Please use this template I created and filled in for CT Engineering: http://nsxprime.com/wiki/CT_Engineering (I just picked them because they are first in the alphabet and I had to pick someone)

2. Have linked their Vendor Page from the Vendor List http://nsxprime.com/wiki/Vendor_List

3. Any post by a vendor in the Vendor forum must have a clearly identified link to their Vendor Page in their signature. For example: "See my NSX Vendor Page: [link to page]"

4. The user name of any account advertising items or services for sale in the Vendor section must be listed on the "NSXPrime User Name(s)" line of the Vendor Page.

For now, the only mandatory fields on the Vendor Pages are the Company Name and User Names. If you are a part-time vendor and do not have a company name, use your NSX Prime user name (or your real name if you prefer) as your company name.

This is mandatory for anyone who wants to advertise or sell anything in the vendor forum. Any vendor posts after 9/14 that do not comply will be deleted without notice. Thanks for your understanding as I work to try and improve the Marketplace.

Re: ** NOTICE of new vendor requirement **

To answer the main technical question I anticipate, you can create your Vendor Page by:

1. Go to the Vendor Page for CT Engineering I linked above. Click the "edit" tab, then copy everything in the text box.
  2. In your browser address bar, change the URL from http://nsxprime.com/wiki/CT_Engineering to http://nsxprime.com/wiki/[Your_Company_Name] and press enter
  3. Assuming your Vendor Page does not yet exist, it will tell you no such page is found. Click the Edit button.
  4. Paste all the code you copied from the CT Engineering page into the text box, then edit the content with your company's details and save it.
  5. Go to the http://nsxprime.com/wiki/Vendor_List page, click the edit tab there, and add the link to your company's page the same way I linked the CT Engineering page.

If you need further assistance, please post a DETAILED explanation of the step you are confused about or the trouble you are having.

Guys, please make sure you follow the second half of the instructions in step 1 above:

To answer the main technical question I anticipate, you can create your Vendor Page by:

1. Go to the Vendor Page for CT Engineering I linked above. Click the "edit" tab, then copy everything in the text box.

Some people are just copying the text from the CT Engineering wiki page and pasting that into the page for their company and then updating it with their info. This causes you to lose all the formatting. You need to copy the wiki code that is displayed after you click the "edit" tab.

Thanks!

Thanks to everyone who has created their page already. This is the first and final reminder that this is mandatory as of Monday - Any vendor-type thread created in the Vendor forum after Monday without a link to the vendor's wiki page in the poster's signature will be deleted.

If you do not see your favorite vendor listed yet, you might want to drop them an e-mail or PM in case they somehow missed the sticky announcement in the Vendor forum.

I don't understand the benefit of having a list of active / inactive vendors in the wiki? It doesn't seem to be protecting anyone if that is the intent.

The wiki IMO is useless... :confused:

I mean its fine to have a contact list for vendors, but to start deleting peoples threads which are of great value to everyone, seems very harsh... especially when it has tons of useful information and photos.

Last edited:

I mean its fine to have a contact list for vendors, but to start deleting peoples threads which are of great value to everyone, seems very harsh... especially when it has tons of useful information and photos.

I was concerned on this after my thread was deleted. After filling out the wiki info and fixing my sig, the thread was un-deleted. :smile: I thought I was going to have to re-write everything but thankfully not!

I made an error and tried to edit the CT engineering for my page but screwed it up and cannot make the title for ENSSEX.. anyone help fix this?

this should do it...

I made an error and tried to edit the CT engineering for my page but screwed it up and cannot make the title for ENSSEX.. anyone help fix this?
The CT Engineering Wiki-page has been restored, meaning you now need to create your own vendor Wiki-page using the CT Engineering Wiki-page or another vendor's Wiki-page as a reference template, not just edit an existing one. NSX Prime admin' has outlined the step-by-step procedure above.

Last edited:

I don't understand the benefit of having a list of active / inactive vendors in the wiki? It doesn't seem to be protecting anyone if that is the intent.

The wiki IMO is useless... :confused:

I find it a good idea it also gives a over view and some stability in the vendors section.

didint' read this til today , and my thread got deleted,
i did everything i needed to ,
is there any way to undelete my thread

thanks

f1spec

damn I swear I never got the first notice from this site...

Anyways I just created my page per the rules, can you guys re-instate my two LED threads?

Hopefully I did the WIKI page correctly :)

linkie...

damn I swear I never got the first notice from this site...
No need to swear, it's called situational awareness. Meaning, it was posted in the vendor subforum, the website subforum, and other subforums. And then there was this ongoing/open discussion thread. Not only that, but a sticky was posted here.

s4play said:
Anyways I just created my page per the rules, can you guys re-instate my two LED threads?
You're only half-way there, now add your newly created Wiki vendor page to your user-profile's signature (like every other vendor on 'Prime has done).

s4play said:
Hopefully I did the WIKI page correctly :)
Looks adequate for what's required.

Last edited:

After I posted my thread at the Vendors section, I realize I forgot to add my vendor info to my sig. I edited my sig right after but it didn't seem to add on to my post. Please help. Thank you.

Mark
Done (thread has been restored/reopened).

I keep getting my threads deleted and the note says to read the sticky, but it looks to me like I have all the requirements...what am I doing wrong???

I keep getting my threads deleted and the note says to read the sticky, but it looks to me like I have all the requirements...what am I doing wrong???

You did not have the required signature link to your vendor wiki page when I deleted your threads. You then went and added the link to your signature, posted this message, and re-posted your threads within minutes, so you obviously figured out exactly what the issue was. I don't have time or interest to play these kind of games.

I created the page as you have requested here, -> http://nsxprime.com/wiki/User:TFEnt

however i do not know how to add it to the list of vendors as you have requested. i apologize about my ignorance here, but thought it safer to ask before I went and messed something up on that page. Can you assist us in this matter??

We have already added the new link to our signature. .

Last edited:

A couple things. First, the link in your signature is incorrect. Take the "User:" out so it just reads http://nsxprime.com/wiki/TFEnt

Second, right now your vendor page is empty. You need to copy the formatting from another vendor's page (like CT Engineering or ScienceofSpeed or KHrant Enterprises to pick a few at random) and add your info to your vendor page. Instructions on how to do so are in the first few posts in this thread.

You had posted the details in the vendor listing, but I removed them because they need to go on your individual vendor page, not in the middle of the vendor list.

A suggestion:

It might be helpful if the username in the wiki page hyperlinked to their forum profile page (http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/member.php?u=XXXX), where people could inspect their feedback.

I realize that someone coming in through a user's signature can already get there directly, but someone perusing the vendor list from inside the wiki itself would have to search the forum for the user.

Just a thought.

Back