• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New Video of NSX replacement!!

They also said there is a mule being tested here in the US. Curious if it's in the S. Cal area?

The are seems to be very stable on the track. Looking sharp.

They also said there is a mule being tested here in the US. Curious if it's in the S. Cal area?

The are seems to be very stable on the track. Looking sharp.

Its usually in the cali area when it comes to test mules and prototypes. We never see any of that stuff in NYC area!!

It looks like a $50,000 sports car that would usually only have around 300-350 hp. The extra 200 or so horsepower, weight, height and rear seats are not worth the extra 100k. I'm sure somebody will buy it though.

It looks like a $50,000 sports car that would usually only have around 300-350 hp. The extra 200 or so horsepower, weight, height and rear seats are not worth the extra 100k. I'm sure somebody will buy it though.

It would have been great for them to have different versions of it like Audi does with their S and RS versions. They would sell a lot more that way

You mean our beloved Nissan GTR? :biggrin:

It would have been great for them to have different versions of it like Audi does with their S and RS versions. They would sell a lot more that way

I agree. A base $60,000 model with only 350 or so horsepower V6 or V8 would be better suited and realistic. Let the Type R or Type S version include the V-10 engine with more performance/weight reduction/suspension etc. I think Honda is just bitter for Nissan doing so well with the GTR and they have jumped the band wagon of sacrificing design for performance. At least the LFA almost had me thinking it was a mid-engine.

I agree. A base $60,000 model with only 350 or so horsepower V6 or V8 would be better suited and realistic. Let the Type R or Type S version include the V-10 engine with more performance/weight reduction/suspension etc. I think Honda is just bitter for Nissan doing so well with the GTR and they have jumped the band wagon of sacrificing design for performance. At least the LFA almost had me thinking it was a mid-engine.

Honda is bitter with Nissan?

A lot of assumptions going on here. We don't know how much it's going to weigh, it's true measurments, or it's price.

Just be patient before flaming to poor car. It's posting amazing track times and you still complain. What's more important, bragging where the engine is placed or having a bad assed sports car?

I have to agree with the last post - come on guys! If the performance and emotion are in this car than I will be buying.

I still love the styling of the NSX but this new car needs to be seen before I pass judgement. Right now my S2000 (#175 of all sold in the US from 1999) and my 2007 Z4 M coupe will have to tide me over until this one comes out. I hope it is all Honda is capable of building - if not I will stay with these two cars I love a bit longer. Honda is capable of building the best sports cars with unmatched balance (what it is ALL about); I hope they keep what they started with the NSX and the S2000 going.... time will tell.

Ted

Ah, yes. I spoke too soon. All the venting to the rear gave me the impression it was mid engined. I was wrong.

Ah, yes. I spoke too soon. All the venting to the rear gave me the impression it was mid engined. I was wrong.
No biggie, Toyota will probably build another MR2 to satisfy those who in need of a Japanese made MR car.

Yea, the vents are for the radiator and probably helps cool the transaxle. It pretty obvious though that the LFA is not mid-engine since it has an unusually long hood for a MR if it were one. The rear vents are pretty deceiving though, had be believing it was an MR at first glance.

I dont like the sound, it don't sound like v10 w/ 550hp from the clip. Rev match downshift sound is weak.

Last edited:
well I guess its back to saving, I am still sad it won't be mid engined but it's far more promising than anything else they have fed us, and if I am being honest I have eyed the california for the last few weeks so if it came down to it I personally would rather have a more reliable car and the fact it will be quick(even if its not the fastest) is fine by me... god know I mod everything anyways lol :tongue:

Back