• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

new wheels coming what tire size to get?

the work anehlos i ordered are coming thurs and i wanted to order tires.
before the faq nazi gets me i found these combos
225/35/17 235/40/17 215/40/17
285/30/18 285/35/18 275/35/18
i dont track the car and i live in the pothole cap of the world n.y.
i would like the tires to come over the rim a little to poss. save me from curbing the rim any suggestions?
thanks for the input
Paul M
95 blk/blk rm intake rsr exhaust wingswest work anehlos and a dali bannana boat hood (hopefully soon)

[This message has been edited by PAUL M (edited 17 April 2001).]

[This message has been edited by PAUL M (edited 17 April 2001).]

Paul,

I can't wait to see pictures of your car with the Work wheels on it. I have been thinking about ordering new wheels, but have been torn between the looks of the Work wheels and the weight of the Volks. Please post pics when they are on the car.

------------------
Brian
Austin,TX
95 NSX-T Black/Black

Anyone have a pic of the Work Anehlos? Or the site where they can be seen?
Thanks
Shawn

Paul, I have tried all of the tire size combinations that you have listed. The current one that I am running with the Work Anhelos is the 215/40/17 & 275/35/18. If you do not have your car lowered this size will not give you the large gap opening in the wheel wells that you will experience with a short sidewall 225/35/17 & 285/30/18. The 235/40/17 will rub on full lock turns and makes the car feel heavy when combined with the huge 285/35/18. Remember that with the larger tires and without short gears and 4.23 or 4.55 ring & pinion your car will be slower. The large pot holes can be tough on your wheels with 30 series tires.

Brad thanks for the help i think im going to go with your setup. does the 215/40/17's
sit right on the wide rims? thats the only reason i was looking to go wider.
here's the picture that i found that made me order the rims the red car
http://www.nsxprime.com/ubb/Forum6/HTML/000038.html
thanks for the help
Paul M
i'll post some pics when i get them on the car

[This message has been edited by PAUL M (edited 18 April 2001).]

Back