• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

New XXR 527

I think our prayers of having a front and rear concave wheel have been answered!!! And there cheap to boot :wink:

NSX fitments 17x8.25 ET35, 18x9.75 ET20

the 18x9.75 isn't on the XXR website but they do exist! As for prices...you can get the set for around $650 :eek:

163191_10150136528086833_81250766832_7673396_8197235_n.jpg

527car-800px.jpg

:eek::eek::eek: I love the concave....

Last edited:
They look great, but for some reason the the 10 hole patttern really bothers me on these wheels...

Also the 18x9.75 +20 may be a bit too agressive for some. Then again, so would the 17x8.25 +35. I suppose they are both agresively matched.

How will those offsets work???

OK - after looking at them a bit, has anyone else noticed that they are made in the craziest widths?

8.25" and 9.75"???

I am guessing they are made for stretching tires, I actually considered going to a 19x10.25 once while I was having wheels custom barrelled...

The 17x8.25 +35 could be made to work, but the 18x9.75 +20 will need a crazy amount of tire stretch to get in there and might not look too good since we are probably looking at a 235 - 245 tire at max. and that it pushing it already - even if machined to a +25 it still would be asking a lot.

They said the extra 1/4 inch is for tire stretch. I think most people who are lowered over an inch will be fine considering they have decent camber. The 9.75+20 extends out 8mm beyond a 9.5+25 wheel for baseline. Here is a 18x9.5 +25 lowered on tanabe springs:

95-25.jpg

As you can see, I would have been fine with another 10mm out. I never bothered with a re-alignment after droping 1.3 inches so I had some decent camber going on. I consistently got 11K miles on the rear before the inside showed the wear marks.

Hopefully my current NSX will exhibit the same traits as my old 95 when I lower and get another set of wheels this spring. I am considering getting a set of these 527, but the extra 5 holes really stands out on these wheels since they are not as inset as other wheels where it would almost hide the holes...

They said the extra 1/4 inch is for tire stretch. I think most people who are lowered over an inch will be fine considering they have decent camber. The 9.75+20 extends out 8mm beyond a 9.5+25 wheel for baseline. Here is a 18x9.5 +25 lowered on tanabe springs:

95-25.jpg

As you can see, I would have been fine with another 10mm out. I never bothered with a re-alignment after droping 1.3 inches so I had some decent camber going on. I consistently got 11K miles on the rear before the inside showed the wear marks.

Hopefully my current NSX will exhibit the same traits as my old 95 when I lower and get another set of wheels this spring. I am considering getting a set of these 527, but the extra 5 holes really stands out on these wheels since they are not as inset as other wheels where it would almost hide the holes...

That wheel looks like a +35 offset, I have tried 9.5's with a +25 and it sticks out a little even on a lowered car - I hope Adrian will chime in with his pic of 9.5 +27 which almost sticks out. (edit - oops it was +29! I was going by memory...)

a 9.75 +20 will stick out almost for sure unless your'e fairly slammed - then it'll be flush but require a stretch tire or it'll rub.

Last edited:
darn it, was hoping Angus will chime in and my wheel search for stoptech went on... I got a set of DF front fender so the front will definately a good fit... But the rear... Angus, do you think these wheels can be shaved say, for 5mm??

RYU messaged me about these wheels and the wheel widths was one of the first thing I noticed.

From my estimates the 17x8.25" +35 will probably need about 3mm shaved to be safe (so +38). You could probably run it as is if you don't mind some rubbing. The 215/40/17 tire will be pretty stretched.

When I bought my XXR 522's I debated on getting the +35 and shaving it, or the +48 and running a spacer. I spoke to XXR directly and they did not recommend machining the back as it could affect the structural properties of the wheel. I took their word for it and went the safer +48 and added a 5mm spacer.

Remember that the wheel is cast (duhh, look at the price!), so its not going to be as strong and altering it in any way could affect the structural integraty.

The rear is definitely up for debate. 18x9.75" +20 is super aggressive. Personally, I would NOT do it, but that's just my preference. The wheel WILL stick out past the fender. Running a 255 down to 225 tire might allow it to fit, but don't quote me on that. This will definitely be a setup for the "HELLAFLUSH" crowd. :smile:

No, they should be 9.5 +25:

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/d...tSize.do?pc=59613&typ=Car/Minivan&tmn=Drifter

I don't have them anymore to reconfirm, but I remember verifying that they are +25 when I got them. I was wishing I should have chose 9.5+35 to match the pushed-in flushness of the front wheels better.

When you tried the 9.5+25, was it a 19 inch or 18 inch wheel? I know you have tried a lot of wheels, so you have way more experience. Perhaps it is because you had your NSX re-aligned and dial in whereas mine was never aligned after lowering. It was aligned on stock suspension before hand and that was it. So, maybe my camber was slightly more aggressive than yours.

I tried 19x9.5+23 (was actually a 9.5+48 with a one inch spacer) and it was pretty much even with the fenderline, possibly 2-3mm before sticking out. I never had any rubbing inside or out. That setup did look more flush than a 18x9.5+25, but we are taking about a larger diameter rim so the edge is a bit closer to the actual fender line.

If I were to get these wheels, I was thinking of using a 255 with the 9.75 actually to give it a slight stretch. It would match ahe stretch for a 215 with the 8.25 also.

Like I said...
Jic's fully compressed.
I have the car jacked on the other side so it leans on the compressed side.
My suspension is fine.
Let's not get off topic, we are talking wheels offsets here.

-MSR

That wheel looks like a +35 offset, I have tried 9.5's with a +25 and it sticks out a little even on a lowered car - I hope Adrian will chime in with his pic of 9.5 +27 which almost sticks out.

a 9.75 +20 will stick out almost for sure unless your'e fairly slammed - then it'll be flush but require a stretch tire or it'll rub.

I agree, it looks like a +35 from the picture. It's hard to tell though from the angle.

Anyway,
19x9.5 +23, with 275/30/19 tires, lowered on Eibach springs (~1.5" drop). 18x9.75 +20 will stick out 6mm (updated) past this:
IMG_0516.jpg

19x9.5 +29, with 275/30/19 tires, lowered on Eibach springs (~1.5" drop). 18x9.75 +20 will stick out 12mm (updated) past this:
NoSpacer2.jpg

Last edited:
^^Adrian - you got the info mixed up, in the above photos the top pic should say 6mm

Bottom one is 12mm

Either way, unless one were to do a super stretch and slammed too - it'll stick out -

Be my guest...

Again, I did not get my car aligned after I lowered it with the Tanabes. So I could have more than average negative camber. I dug up an old shot of my car with 19x9.5+23 with a 265/30/19 tire lowered on 1.3 inch drop:

95-22.jpg

You can see there is still quite a few mm before it even passes the fender clearly. Also my wheel did not poke out in the rear as much as the pic you provided.

The fronts are 18x8.5+39 if anyone is curious. This was a case of extreme flushness. I enjoyed the setup a lot until I got tired cleaning the chrome lip :tongue:

^^Adrian - you got the info mixed up, in the above photos the top pic should say 6mm

Bottom one is 12mm

Either way, unless one were to do a super stretch and slammed too - it'll stick out -

Be my guest...

You're right. . good catch! I'll update it. .

Back