• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NEWEST BBSC DYNO GRAPHS POSTED

whats the difference in cars between the last two? both say 3.0 w/headers and exhaust yet there is a 50hp difference?

also all of them seem to drop off before 8krpm, was this due to lifting off the gas before hitting redline?

The first before/after graph on that link is my car. The before run was the second baseline pull I did, the two runs were 235.6 and 234.x hp and 186, 185torque.
The after pull was one of many I did. The highest hp I saw was 384, but the current maps I have are putting me in the mid to upper 370's. My car's before/after appear to be posted twice on that page, so Mark you could probably delete the second.
I am running stock exhaust and cats. Do have headers though which were not on the car for the before dynos.
The 400hp car has no cats, headers and Taitec Dream exhaust. The deletion of cats allows for very precise tuning.

As is clear from the graphs, the "real" power comes in after 6,000 rpm. With my 4.55 r+p this is not such a concern; however, it comes on so fast that the rpm fly to redline very, very quickly. The real fun here is between 6500 and 8000. The problem is you have to shift just as its getting fun.

Originally posted by JSG:
The real fun here is between 6500 and 8000. The problem is you have to shift just as its getting fun.

It is that reason that people have said the Comptech or GruppeM SC would be more fun on the streets. Anyone with a BBSC have an opinion on that?

Originally posted by Sig:
The deletion of cats allows for very precise tuning.
Just curious -- how "un-precise" is tuning for cat-equipped cars ??

Presumably the California-based testers are all good tree-huggers
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by NSXGOD:
MB sent me some dyno charts today from the trenches of North Carlina. They reflect the latest tuning of the BBSC kits - You can check them out at the link below and argue about their validity all you like.
http://www.daliracing.com/v666-5/catalog/boy_racer/basch_boost/NC_dyno/BBSC_dyno_ test_NC2.pdf

Was there an earthquake going on during those runs?
smile.gif
Looks like the line was drawn by a seismograph..

Where's the A/F?

[This message has been edited by true (edited 25 July 2002).]

Everyone except the 400hp car seems to have a huge dip around 7000rpm or so...maybe misfire? Any reason for this? Maybe just needs more tuning?

There is a rich spot on most of the cars at around 6500. The car is pulls out of this at around 7k. I imagine this will be tuned out. The two cars that were tuned without cats have better overall curves due to the increased accuracy of a/f readings needed to tune. One of these cars is the 403hp graph. The other car tuned w/o cats was over 390hp, but the graph is not pictured

Ah, you're saying it is more difficult to get accurate readings downstream from the cat. I can see that, even with a heated sensor. It would be tempting to include in the kit a pair of fittings to be tapped into the upstream side (one per bank) to facilitate such tuning. Of course, the problem is that many dyno shops will have only the long flexible probe designed to be stuffed up the tail.

BTW, in the case of cars with exhaust systems that do not join the banks together at some point, has there been any attempt to measure the AF ratio on both banks? (My exhaust is separate all the way out, not sure if others are.)

[This message has been edited by sjs (edited 25 July 2002).]

Originally posted by NetViper:
It is that reason that people have said the Comptech or GruppeM SC would be more fun on the streets. Anyone with a BBSC have an opinion on that?

This opinion was based on my BBSC car with the 4.55 and short gears.

The comments about Comptech and Gruppe M were that boost comes on (and hence fun factor) at lower rpms. This is a function of the screw-type design vs the centifugal Paxton in the BBSC. This is not an issue with my 4.55 as I am always in the sweet spot; however, the rpms fly up very fast with the boost kicking in hard at >6000.

Back