• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Nice C5 owner found me.....

Just shopping one day in Boise and parked by myself away from everyone. An hour later I came out and people filled the rows. I was like man...go away please, right until I saw one of my favorite year corvettes parked right across from me. You think he did it on purpose? Well, he did...cause he was just coming out to his car too and said they looked good together. =) Enjoy. By the way I want to get rims like his. Soon hopefully.

Attachments

• Cnv0005.jpg
    Cnv0005.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 1,431
  • Cnv0006.jpg
    Cnv0006.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 1,413
some more pics that we took...

Attachments

• Cnv0007.jpg
    Cnv0007.jpg
    81.8 KB · Views: 1,390
  • Cnv0008.jpg
    Cnv0008.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 1,397
anyone know what rims are those on the C5? I should have taken a better look, but at the time I didn't pay close attention and assumed they were Z06 rims painted black.

specrtd said:
anyone know what rims are those on the C5? I should have taken a better look, but at the time I didn't pay close attention and assumed they were Z06 rims painted black.

The are a similar design as the stock Z06 wheel, but they have rivots and a polished lip.

They look like the IForged Evolution wheel (with a black painted center), but its not exactly the same.
evolution.jpg

Also similar, but not quite, is the HRE 541
HRE541.jpg

Those are black Motorsport Wheels. It's in fact a Zo6 wheel Replica, except that they're black with polished lip. One of my favorite wheels for the C5 vette.

Look for them on vendors' websites on Vette forums, you'll find them very quickly!!!

haha...yes I do dread the rims that my car came with, but I'm dealing with them for now. I'd rather spend money on other things right now, but these old HRE's are getting annoying.

Those are black Motorsport Wheels. It's in fact a Zo6 wheel Replica, except that they're black with polished lip. One of my favorite wheels for the C5 vette.

Ahhh...I thought they were some kind of replica. Thanks. Well, maybe not those exactly but a similar style is what I'm looking for. Like the Work mesh wheels.

and another.....

Attachments

• Cnv0009.jpg
    Cnv0009.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 1,024
specrtd said:
haha...yes I do dread the rims that my car came with, but I'm dealing with them for now. I'd rather spend money on other things right now, but these old HRE's are getting annoying.

Ahhh...I thought they were some kind of replica. Thanks. Well, maybe not those exactly but a similar style is what I'm looking for. Like the Work mesh wheels.

Your NSX is a beautiful creature trapped by UGLY rims! Free her!

Who is willing to donate a set of 91-93 OEM rims to this man? Step up people, think of the feelings of this fine machine & owner!

I felt bad when I opened this thread and saw the rims and cringed. THen everyone including you said the same thing, now I don't feel bad. I do think your car will look very sweet with those rims, my choice would same style in gunmetal instead of black. JMHO.

Cool pics though. They kinda look like the pics of cats and dogs together, or a cat and bunny, etc... (get my drift?) :biggrin:

LOL.... I'm totally not offended by the comments made about my rims, because I despise them too. Haha. But remember they came with car and will leave the car soon. :smile: Man... All this thread is doing now is making me want to get the rims I want even sooner! You guys suck! haha.

Hey by the way, I'm sure you guys can help me out with this. What rims are these on this white NSX. I'm either going with this gunmetal color or the black mesh color from the work VS TX wheel. Hmmm... I still like black.

Attachments

• Cnv0010.jpg
    Cnv0010.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 963
  • Cnv0001.bmp
    90.3 KB · Views: 968
I should probably put these pics and questions in the tire and wheel gallery. O well. Anyone know what kind of wheels these are on the white nsx?

Do you stil have your factory wheels?

trust me, if I had the factory wheels I would have put them on by now. =) Cmon now... haha. the guy that I bought the car from sold the factory wheels so I was stuck with what he thought were decent wheels. :frown:

specrtd said:
trust me, if I had the factory wheels I would have put them on by now. =) Cmon now... haha. the guy that I bought the car from sold the factory wheels so I was stuck with what he thought were decent wheels. :frown:

You can get the '91-93 factory wheels for pretty cheap. I saw a set going for $200 CAD no tires.

specrtd said:
LOL.... I'm totally not offended by the comments made about my rims, because I despise them too. Haha. But remember they came with car and will leave the car soon. :smile: Man... All this thread is doing now is making me want to get the rims I want even sooner! You guys suck! haha.

Hey by the way, I'm sure you guys can help me out with this. What rims are these on this white NSX. I'm either going with this gunmetal color or the black mesh color from the work VS TX wheel. Hmmm... I still like black.

These wheels are made by a company thats kind of affliated with IForged. They are almost identical to the IForged Swift:
swift.jpg

You might also consider the DPEngineering R16. Very similar except the spokes go all the way to the lip, instead of stopping right by the rivots. (I have the R16s on my Jetta, see my Signature).
r16.jpg

I originally looked at the VS TX wheel for my car but decided against them because the rivot pattern was different on the 18" verses the 19" version.

"Who is willing to donate a set of 91-93 OEM rims to this man? Step up people, think of the feelings of this fine machine & owner!"

I have a nice stock set of 91-93 wheels I don't need.
$150.00 if your interested. Even if you don't run they make more sence
sitting in your garage than mine as I ended up with a 94.
(Long story) Let me know, you have dib's on 'em..........
:smile:

specrtd said:

did you pick this car up from SAN LUIS OBISPO from Mr anderson?? If it was... i was going to get that car but was waiting the buyer to back out. But you got it. great deal. nice car~! hows the condition?

Actually I got my car in La Puente which is more Southern California than San Luis Obispo. Lets just say it was initially going for $27,500 and I got it for a lot cheaper. Thanks for asking though. Oh and the condition of the car is decent. Exterior I would rate it a 7.5 because I'm pretty picky. You know the typical rock chips, etc. Interior is about an 8. Overall I'm very pleased for the price that I got it for, but of course I had to put some money into it to get it back to its former self. =) Still worth it.

Back