• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Nitrous in tires?

spray or blow?

Has anyone filled there tires with nitrous? I heard this was a good thing to do?
I/we assume you mean nitrogen, correct? "Nitrous" is nitrous oxide, expensive & difficult to handle for the most part.

Nitrogen is readily available (it's after all the largest component of atmospheric air), relatively inexpensive, and offers benefits over regular/conventional compressed air. These benefits include less prone to pressure change due to temperature changes, less seepage/loss of pressure over time, and many others.

Check-it: www.getnitrogen.org/why/index.php

Last edited:
Re: spray or blow?

I/we assume you mean nitrogen, correct? "Nitrous" is nitrous oxide, expensive & difficult to handle for the most part.

Nitrogen is readily available (it's after all the largest component of atmospheric air), relatively inexpensive, and offers benefits over regular/conventional compressed air. These benefits include less prone to pressure change due to temperature changes, less seepage/loss of pressure over time, and many others.

Check-it: www.getnitrogen.org/why/index.php

Yes, Thank you my mistake.

Come on , try nitrous!

Re: spray or blow?

* 1% Water Vapor and Other Gases – Escapes up to 250 times faster than Nitrogen
* 21% Oxygen – Escapes 3-4 times faster than Nitrogen
* 78% Nitrogen – The largest molecule in
air, dry, non-flammable.

Because of their large size, nitrogen molecules are the least permeable and stay in your tire longer.
It's not about the nitrogen. It's about reducing oxygen, water vapor and other gases.

So...
This tells me I'm already running an increased percentage of nitrogen.
I mount up a new set of tires...
Fill them with 78% nitrogen, 21% Oxygen, and some other stuff.
The Oxygen is the first to leak out of the tire (leaving a higher percentage of nitrogen in the tire)
Top up with "air" again, and the percentage nitrogen is still higher than ambient. :)

Maybe we should grosley over inflate the tires with air in the first place, then wait till they leak down to the desired preasure, (with a higher percentage of nitrogen)

(Sorry, its late, I couldn't resist)

Back