• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NJMP Thunderbolt December 14th HPDE

All:

I signed up for HPDE on the 14th [ I believe they are running this weekend, 7th and 8th, too ].

I ran this day last year and it was great, not too crowded at all.

So far, most are signed up for "progressive" and "paced" laps.

The day is put on by NJMP themselves.

Just a friendly piece of advice/caution - HPDE in December in the Northeast presents a whole different scenario with the way our NSXs will handle. It may be 60 degrees today but get a cold spell and don't be surpised if Santa doesn't bring you any grip for the holidays.

Have fun but be sensible and careful.

Brrrr........drive safe. When I raced in the colder temps we would drop the tire pressure several pounds (5)in order to creat more heat in the tires, hence more grip esp. when it was under 50F - track temp and not air temp. Carefull early morning as the pavement on the track will absorb and hold moisture longer then the roads, sometimes crytalizing and therefore making it very greasy.

if just cold and no precip then very low grip can be quite instructional.Gotta be smooth.

If I could, I'd be there! I like slipping and sliding!!!
Anytime you can be on the track, well, except for the rain and we won't go there, is a good time.
Hope the weather is decent.

Last edited:
I was there last year for the December and January sessions and we were blessed with amazing weather. It hit 50 degrees both days and aside from the very slippery first sessions it worked out well. Unfortunately, I will not make it to this one but will shoot for the January one, weather permitting.

Thanks for the great feed-back on cold temps.
But it appears as they'll be too cold and they just cancelled.
It's calling for a high of 32 with rain and snow on Saturday.
They'll announce January dates soon.

Back