• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

no luck finding a front parking light bulb :(

i need to replace the front position marker bulb (the small light bulb in the front corner light, not the turn signal bulb but the other bulb in that same corner light). It's supposed the be a 168 bulb, but I've tried 2 different brands and they are both much more dull and "yellowish" than the original one I have installed, which is a nice, clean clear bright white bulb.

I even tried going up to a 194 and it was brighter, but still not "white light." Guess I'll just make the drive to the dealership tomorrow. Any other ideas?

It uses a special high intensity bluish colored bulb. Either get the correct bulb from Acura or replace both. Think I saw those bulbs on ebay as well.

It uses a special high intensity bluish colored bulb. Either get the correct bulb from Acura or replace both. Think I saw those bulbs on ebay as well.

that's what i wanted to know. I called the dealer and they said something about "krypton bulbs" never heard of them but I guess that's what the deal is. I'll just go to the dealer tomorrow and pick them up. Thanks edin!

This is a white 168 25 LED bulb. I think it is a little too bright.
NSXLED2.jpg

I am thinking of trying the 17 LED version.

What I'm getting from this is either use OEM and buy from the dealer when one goes out or replace both so they match. Good info here and thanks guys for the input.

You can buy the bulbs from either PIAA or Raybrig if you want incandescent.

LED are brighter, you need to experiment since they are hit and miss, some are good, some are bad...

FWIW, when I went with HIDs, I replaced mine with amber color to avoid mismatch of color warmth. If I recall it was about $3.00 from the local PepBoys.

Now they will really confuse me with Vette :tongue:

This is what I use. Xenon, 10W long life. Very bright and white for an incandesent.
I use them for DRLs.

http://www.1000bulbs.com/product/745/Q-XE1012CL.html

example photo:
http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=61177&d=1251947877

Have you noticed any heat damage to the casing or reflector part of your light housing? I did something similar to this on a 1997 Accord and the housing started to brown and melt, but then again it was a higher wattage bulb. . . I'm just concerned about damage to the housing, that's all.

Back