• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

No offense to those who own a new.....

look NSX, with the exposed headlights( i only wish I could affoard one:p ) BUT I think the old school hidden headlight look is much cooler looking...:cool:
I'm new to the board and don't even own an NSX yet(but desperately looking) and I'm sure it has been discussed on here before, but am I the only one who thinks the newer look is not as good as the older one???
If they were going to change to the exposed headlights, they should've, could've made better looking ones then they did:confused:
This is just MY opinion...
Like I said , no offense to those who own one, they are still a beautiful car, but I hate to say it kinda looks like a 3000GT from the front now.....

Have you been able to see an 02+ in person? I too prefer the flip up lights, however, I had the change to view an 03 Imola Orange at the local dealer and pictures do not do the 02+ NSX justice. There are a few front angles that make the headlights slightly out of place, but over all that update is really nice in person. Certain colors make the headlights stand out a but more than others as well. I think the headlights look great on white NSXs. Either way, you owe it to yourself to view an 02+ in person.

Actually.....

I was at the LA auto show last year when I saw what they did...
Even the guy running the Acura both agreed that they screwed up the look....It might not look so bad on white, cuz it blends in...The color they had was that Imola Orange, even that color couldn't hide those sad eyes... :(

Just my 2 pennies......

SoCalNSX said:
look NSX, with the exposed headlights( i only wish I could affoard one:p )
If you don't like the look, then why even think or wish to own one? Kinda contradictary - yes! :eek:

actually...

I was refering to how much they cost, as in i wish i had 80k to spend on one....IF I did, I would definately buy an '00-'01....

Like I said, no offense...Its just MY opinion.....

and BTW,

if it makes you feel better, you do have one of the nicest new colors out:cool: .....

I have a 92 but do like the 02+ headlights. I guess it's like they say...the grass is greener on the other side. However, a friend at work today (not an NSX guy) told me he saw a red one this weekend with the open headlights. I told him it was an 02+ and the same thing you referred to about the $$$ of the new ones. He said the exact same thing you said about the 3000 GT headlight look and said he didn't like them either. Either way, you can't go wrong with the NSX open or closed headlights in my opinion. :D

I think it looks pretty good with this 91-01 front end though.

This picture was taken from the Picture Gallery in the Dual Beauties posts.
attachment.php

they look good but not as sharp as the hidden lights...

maybe its the grill....

from looking at that pic, it doesn't look too bad...The 91-01 grill is way better!!!

Chris, nice pic.
I do like that look but the 02+ tend to look to bug eyed for my taste. I wish they had lowered the clear lens some.
The 02+ rear looks cleaner though and flows with the car better.
Just a trade off I guess. JMHO

Back