• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NOC Monthly Meeting :D

NOC Monthly meeting?

• YES..LEts do it!!!

Votes: 12 92.3%
  • NO!! you punk...I'm BZ!!

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I've been waiting for that damn Autobacs shop to open up. :) I'm down for a meeting there as well. When in July is it opening?

Based on the Information on Autobachs, it seems that trying to set up a monthly meeting there might be the best idea.

Calvin, Do you have any information on EXACTLY when it is going to open? I think they would be VERY interested in having a large group of NSX's at the GRAND OPENING!!! (based on the Autobachs NSX!);)

I am absoultely IN for this:D

So this is gonna be a NOC-SD meeting then? (Do San Diego people have an official name for their NSX group?) Cool.

Saturdays are best for me.
Sundays are a no-go at all.

Joel said:
So this is gonna be a NOC-SD meeting then? (Do San Diego people have an official name for their NSX group?) Cool.

Saturdays are best for me.
Sundays are a no-go at all.

AFAIK, no "official" name for the S.D. group. :(

-Randy

Gents,
I am sorry for not being able to come on here much lately. However, I went by Autobacs today and spoke with them. I was told that the premier will be HUGEEEE..........but no date set yet. The plan is still in the work which mean they have no clue as to what to do yet. Grand Opening won't be until another month atleast..........or two--they need to take care of the many problems first. Anywho, that is the news from me. For more info, I believe Tan is the buddy buddy man w/ Autobacs :D --correct me if I am wrong on this one TAN.

Exciting News:

Gents, I don't if you are aware of this ....but TAN will be getting married this upcoming week. Best Wishes TAN......Having a wife is a good thing....especially when she lets us keep the car. :D

In additions, I am expecting a baby girl any time now.........woo hoo!!!!

Calvin

Congrats Tan to you and your bride, have a great life together:)

Thanks guys.

I have been in contact with Bob Donnelly, Marketing Director for USA Super Autobacs. His phone number is (714) 799-9320 extension 201 and his email is [email protected]. He is interested for a NSX gathering at the location but I've been busy with Wedding stuff and work. You guys are more than welcome to take over.

FYI: another delay in the grand opening again. So not likely July for the launch. However, they have a huge lot and we could always meet there prior to a run/drive. I recommend we meet in their lot soon to show them our numbers and let them see our enthusiasm. Looks like a magnificent store. I was assure that they will carry a lot of NSX aftermarket stuff. Wheels, Exhaust, DVD navigation, even hoods.

Tan

Tan,
thanks for the info. who is willing to take over with the arrangement?

Tantheman said:
Thanks guys.

I have been in contact with Bob Donnelly, Marketing Director for USA Super Autobacs. His phone number is (714) 799-9320 extension 201 and his email is [email protected]. He is interested for a NSX gathering at the location but I've been busy with Wedding stuff and work. You guys are more than welcome to take over.

FYI: another delay in the grand opening again. So not likely July for the launch. However, they have a huge lot and we could always meet there prior to a run/drive. I recommend we meet in their lot soon to show them our numbers and let them see our enthusiasm. Looks like a magnificent store. I was assure that they will carry a lot of NSX aftermarket stuff. Wheels, Exhaust, DVD navigation, even hoods.

Tan

Logisitics & Negotiation are 2 of my main focuses at work, I am into it unless anyone has any objections. PS - those of you who have spoken to me in person might think I sound a little "street", believe me I can switch it off and be 100% professional.

chris,
give bob a buzz....lets hook it up. have him throw in a few gifts for us as well................let us know that stat!!! You are the man!!

calvin

Black&Tan97Tnewportbeach said:
Logisitics & Negotiation are 2 of my main focuses at work, I am into it unless anyone has any objections. PS - those of you who have spoken to me in person might think I sound a little "street", believe me I can switch it off and be 100% professional.

Ok Guys, I spoke to Bob. He is waiting for their final business licenses etc. today. He feels that they won't actualy open until August. He is quite interested in hosting a weekly meeting. He said their parking is limited as he needs to save space for customers out front. However, he mentioned there is a Red Robin restaurant conveniently located next door. He suggested I follow up with an email to give him some documentation about ourselves so below is a copy of the email I sent. I didn't ask about prizes\gifts as he seemed to have more urgent pressing matters on his mind. He did mention however that at the grand opening will be appearing a slew of vendors so there sould be toys and goodies all over the place.

------------------------------------------------------------------

Greetings Bob;

Thanks again for your time on the phone. As I mentioned in our phone conversation, I represent the NSX'ers of Orange County aka "NOC List". We are an NSX car club with affiliations to the north (CalCoastal) and south (SanDiego). Our local club currently includes over 20 cars, and with our fellow drivers from the rest of Southern California we are probably 80 - 100 cars strong.

We are interested in participating in the Grand Opening of your Stanton Facility whenever it might be, and look forward to that event being the start of a regular scheduled meeting.

Please be so kind as to keep us updated via email of any new developments, and should you have any questions do not hesitate to call me directly at 949-307-1460.

Very Truly Yours;

Christopher D. Wolf

yellowpad said:
Gents,
I am sorry for not being able to come on here much lately. However, I went by Autobacs today and spoke with them. I was told that the premier will be HUGEEEE..........but no date set yet. The plan is still in the work which mean they have no clue as to what to do yet. Grand Opening won't be until another month atleast..........or two--they need to take care of the many problems first. Anywho, that is the news from me. For more info, I believe Tan is the buddy buddy man w/ Autobacs :D --correct me if I am wrong on this one TAN.

Exciting News:

Gents, I don't if you are aware of this ....but TAN will be getting married this upcoming week. Best Wishes TAN......Having a wife is a good thing....especially when she lets us keep the car. :D

In additions, I am expecting a baby girl any time now.........woo hoo!!!!

Calvin

MODIFIED TO SLOW ME DOWN.

Tan

Tan,
I forgot to tell you the last time we met, but here goes: CONGRATULATIONS, CONGRATULATIONS, CONGRATULATIONS.

Tan ~

I was wondering if you were going to decorate the X. Congratulations to you and your new wife.

congrats tan!! held out for 34 years.. good job! :D

anyway.. back to the topic at hand...
john richards (anytime) is currently looking into moving the location of the cal coastal nsx meetings further down into los angeles. this will make it much more convenient for us to join in on the meetings. i was at the last meet with a couple others from orange county. we all had dinner, then spent the last half watching unedited footage of the nsxprime canyon run!
what does everyone in orange county think of this?
i think it would be good to use this time to meet up with other nsxers from southern california to plan our weekend events.... ortega runs, bbq's, track events, and yes... vegas runs.

Last edited:
supergreen125 said:

john richards (anytime) is currently looking into moving the location of the cal coastal nsx meetings further down into los angeles. this will make it much more convenient for us to join in on the meetings.
I was discussing this with John the other day also. I imagine the in between location for the CalCoastal and NOC groups would still be pretty far for the SD group. :(

Back