• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NOC Monthly Meeting :D

NOC Monthly meeting?

• YES..LEts do it!!!

Votes: 12 92.3%
  • NO!! you punk...I'm BZ!!

Votes: 1 7.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
supergreen125 said:
what does everyone in orange county think of this?
i think it would be good to use this time to meet up with other nsxers from southern california to plan our weekend events.... ortega runs, bbq's, track events, and yes... vegas runs.
There are so many factors involved. Here are a few questions/issues that come to mind: Does the NOC group want to continue to build/rebuild a NSX Regional Club? Do the SD people want to participate in the NOC meetings? Does NOC want to merge with CalCoastal and vice-versa? Are the OC and SD people willing to make the drive to somewhere like West L.A. vs. some where in OC. Meeting in WLA adds about 40 - 60+ miles to the drive.
Personally and JMHO, I think the idea of a bigger group is better. This way there is more input on drives and events. The larger the membership the greater the capacity for things to get accomplished as in volunteering and at worst delagation. There is power in numbers. Which means larger drives/events, coodinated group buys, group discounts, more So-Cal track/auto-x events. Overall equalling better attendance. There are a lot of NSXes in So-Cal. At the PCD there were 42 NSXes. How many others are on this forum that didn't attend, another 10 - 20 just as a guess. Understandable everyone cannot attend every meeting, event or drive. But, even at 50% that is still around 25 - 30 NSXes.

Nicely done and well said!!! I am all for bigger group--the bigger we are, the more negotiation power we will have. However, we will need to accomodate everyone in term of looking for a prominent location for the meeting.

From all the logical stand point, OC is in the middle and would be the best location to accomodate the SD folks and Cal Coaster. I have a little over 20 active NOC people on my database which i have distributed. I guess one of the reasons that the NOC poeple having gotten together lately, simply because everyone's schedule are tied up. What do you guys thing about all this?....start a new thread?

ss_md said:
There are so many factors involved. Here are a few questions/issues that come to mind: Does the NOC group want to continue to build/rebuild a NSX Regional Club? Do the SD people want to participate in the NOC meetings? Does NOC want to merge with CalCoastal and vice-versa? Are the OC and SD people willing to make the drive to somewhere like West L.A. vs. some where in OC. Meeting in WLA adds about 40 - 60+ miles to the drive.
Personally and JMHO, I think the idea of a bigger group is better. This way there is more input on drives and events. The larger the membership the greater the capacity for things to get accomplished as in volunteering and at worst delagation. There is power in numbers. Which means larger drives/events, coodinated group buys, group discounts, more So-Cal track/auto-x events. Overall equalling better attendance. There are a lot of NSXes in So-Cal. At the PCD there were 42 NSXes. How many others are on this forum that didn't attend, another 10 - 20 just as a guess. Understandable everyone cannot attend every meeting, event or drive. But, even at 50% that is still around 25 - 30 NSXes.

FuryNSX said:
I was discussing this with John the other day also. I imagine the in between location for the CalCoastal and NOC groups would still be pretty far for the SD group. :(
randy-
how many sd guys do you think would make the drive up for a thursday night meet? even if we held it at the southern tip of orange county i wouldn't expect more than a couple guys from down there to make the drive. please correct me if i'm wrong.
the point i'm trying to make here is... the cal coastal guys are already established and running strong while the only highlight of the noc group is a few ortega runs. they're willing to make a small sacrifice in drive time to get the meetings close to us. why can't we make a small sacrifice for them?

Right on Super, makes perfect sense. As long as we don't meet in We-Ho! That would be the ONLY place where GUYS were checking US out instead of our cars!!!!!!!!!!

i also agree with Mike, if we only have a couple of people attending from SD, there is no point of moving an entire army to OC.

\
supergreen125 said:
randy-
how many sd guys do you think would make the drive up for a thursday night meet? even if we held it at the southern tip of orange county i wouldn't expect more than a couple guys from down there to make the drive. please correct me if i'm wrong.
the point i'm trying to make here is... the cal coastal guys are already established and running strong while the only highlight of the noc group is a few ortega runs. they're willing to make a small sacrifice in drive time to get the meetings close to us. why can't we make a small sacrifice for them?

POWERED by HONDA said:
I agree. I think we should all meet in San Diego... make some sacrifices...

:D
hahahaha!! nice try conrad.
sd guys... please keep in mind this doesn't mean we won't still be having a saturday/sunday meet at super autobacs or organizing ortega runs. we're just trying to get some sort of formal monthly meet where instead of driving, we all sit down, have dinner and drinks, and all have a chance to provide input for upcoming events. the cal coastal crew already does that and has offered to move closer to us so we can participate as well. the sd crew is still more than welcome to attend!! there were 3 of us that drove 1.5 hours to attend the last cal coastal meet!

hey.. speaking of san diego... whatever happened with the hoehn meet that was supposed to happen a month ago or so and got postponed?

Last edited:
The fair way to pick a neutral or middle location is to figure out who will be attending regularly. And of those pick who lives the furthest, then pick a place in the middle. Or pick a location in OC and LA and rotate the meeting between these two locations every other month. This seems fair and locical. The farthest guys are gonna have to drive one way or another, if they decide to attend. The last suggestion at least balances e/o month. How far and how late everyone is willing to drive and stay up. As mentioned the last meeting several of us drove to Calabasas. For my wife and me, we didn't get home until after midnight. Its up to each individual whether they are willing to sacrifice the time and mileage. It's only once a month? We need to be NSX-keteers, all for one and one for all. Korny - but you get the point. Power in numbers! We need John's input also!!
The Hoehn guys either forgot or bailed on the meet!

My feeling is that even at the south end of OC, very few SDers will make the trip up on a regular basis. Unless some other SD NSXers speak up (and I haven't heard from anyone down here about this matter besides Conrad), I would think that you NOC guys shouldn't even need to factor us in. Thanks for the consideration, but I would hate for you guys to lose the opportunity to "combine forces" with the CalCoastal group. Like ss_md notes, a bigger group would allow you to formulate better meets and events. If anything, a contingent of SD NSXers will always find a way to make it up to worthwhile events like the potential Autobacs meet.

-Randy

P.S. BTW, I have no idea what happened to that second Hoehn meet. Bummer. :( I was really looking forward to it.

You guys are now wrestling with the issue that I have been trying to figure out how to deal with for the "old" meeting that I used to hold on the second Thursday of each month. (I would like to get that meeting going again)

I tried to hold a meeting or two up at the Proud Bird restaraunt up by LAX as that is about midway from South OC to Calabasas. Some showed up and some complained that it was too far.

I thought about rotating the meetings each month to a different Acura dealer as they are located all over the area. Only problem with this is there isn't much advantage to the dealers to have us there and many dealers either don't have room for an extra bunch of NSX's or they are under construction (South Coast may be finished soon) South Bay Acura in Torrance has expressed some interest.

I admit I have done a piss poor job of organizing these meetings and I would like to try to get you guys together with the group that used to meet at the second Thursday meeting. I too have spoken to John Richards on this and didn't have a good solution to the problem. I think the solution of a rotating meeting is a good idea. All we need to do is decide where are some good locations are and start a rotation. That way each group (SD and South OC, Central OC, South Bay, East OC, the Valley, and the Calabasas group can at least have a meeting in their area once in a while.

I think the Autobacs location is ideal for the central OC meeting. Hoen (if they are still interested) would probably be the furthest South and Calabasas the furthest North. John said he was trying to find a location near the 405 and 10 (this or the Proud Bird could cover the South Bay). We need a couple of other locationsto cover the other areas (or in between). Does anyone have any location ideas?

Based on this forum, I drove down to Autobacs to check it out. I also spoke to an assistant manager at the Red Robin right in front of the new store. He is more than willing to set up a dedicated area in the back of the restaruant (kind of a seperate area all to ourselves). Would any of you guys be interested in getting together there on July 10th (second Thursday)? This will be a good chance for everyone to see the location of Autobacs and for everyone to get together and discuss the meeting location isssue.

I will be posting a notice on the Southwest NSX list and here on the Southwest forum for this meeting.

I would sure like to get everyone together and get the regular monthy meetings going again! Please let me know if you are interested in coming to this meeting.

Whoever manages the NOC list, please let me know and add me to the list. Thanks!

I think the idea of merging groups is a good idea. Not so much to make it one group, but to coordinate events, etc. Perhaps it's time for someone to step up and take the point in San Diego as the lead contact. Then we would have SD, OC, and LA/Calabasas segments, effectively covering all major areas except the inland. The idea of a rotating meeting sounds reasonable, as does meeting in the middle at the 405/10 (that's right where I live. :D )

I too would like to get on the NOC mailing list (Yellowpad?)

I also agree with Joel, we need to remember that we are dealing with a LARGE! geographical area. That is the main reason we ended up with two seperate meetings (Calabasas and Huntington Beach area).

You shuld also be aware that SD was soooo remote from the LA area that they set up a seperate chapter of the NSXCA for SD alone i.e. they are seperate from the rest of the Southwest region.

:cool:

you are as good as on...i will put out an email to everyone later today or tomorrow regarding the meet.

Ca AGNSX said:
I too would like to get on the NOC mailing list (Yellowpad?)

I also agree with Joel, we need to remember that we are dealing with a LARGE! geographical area. That is the main reason we ended up with two seperate meetings (Calabasas and Huntington Beach area).

You shuld also be aware that SD was soooo remote from the LA area that they set up a seperate chapter of the NSXCA for SD alone i.e. they are seperate from the rest of the Southwest region.

:cool: