• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Noise I can't figure out

I've been having a faint (but at the same time pretty noticeable) "wooping" sound like a helicopter coming from what sounds to be the rear of the car. When stopped there is no sound. When I accelerate though, it gradually gets more noticeable and seems to be in sync with the rotation of the tires, and when I decelerate, the "rotational" sound decreases in sync with the car slowing down. I had the rear tires replaced when the tread was getting low thinking maybe it was the tires, but the sound is still there. Any ideas?

Could be a warped rotor or bend wheel. Did you have the rim checked when the tires were replaced or the brakes looked at? Try jacking up the rear (and put it on jack stands and block the front tires, then spin the rear wheels and see if you can hear where the noise is coming from. You can try it with the car running and in gear as well, but I'd do this with help and be VERY careful for obvious reasons!

I've been having a faint (but at the same time pretty noticeable) "wooping" sound like a helicopter coming from what sounds to be the rear of the car. When stopped there is no sound. When I accelerate though, it gradually gets more noticeable and seems to be in sync with the rotation of the tires, and when I decelerate, the "rotational" sound decreases in sync with the car slowing down. I had the rear tires replaced when the tread was getting low thinking maybe it was the tires, but the sound is still there. Any ideas?

It sounds like your car caught "wooping airwolf". LOL sorry, Im heavily medicated tonight LOL.

If you have an iphone, try to record the sound and email it out to people. Send it to me too (despite the fact I havent the foggiest) but am interested as to what it could be.

Check your lug nuts. May just be that simple. Pretty sure they need to be at 80ft/lbs.

Had a similar noise just last week in my Mazda.

Turned out to be a huge nail in the tire.

Try to determine the side it's coming from, then remove the wheel, check the wheel and tire and check the disc brakes while the wheel is off.

It sounds like your car caught "wooping airwolf". LOL sorry, Im heavily medicated tonight LOL.

If you have an iphone, try to record the sound and email it out to people. Send it to me too (despite the fact I havent the foggiest) but am interested as to what it could be.

Heavily medicated as in this:eek::tongue:

crackhead_sml.jpg

Back