• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Non Staggered?

Anybody out there running a non staggered set-up? I would like to put my old rims from my 240 on to the NSX. The rims are 19x8 and 19x10. Is it possible to compensate tire size for the TCS? Are there any pictures with people running 19's all the way around?

EndlessNA1 said:
I would like to put my old rims from my 240 on to the NSX. The rims are 19x8 and 19x10.
Do the rims have the proper center bore sizes (different front and rear) that the NSX requires? What about offsets?

I also have yet to hear of a 19" front tire size that will work without MAJOR rubbing and without MAJOR problems for the TCS. The only one I've heard of being used is 215/35-19 which will have huge problems on both counts, due to being 6-8 percent larger in outer diameter than stock.

Last edited:
nsxtasy said:
Do the rims have the proper center bore sizes (different front and rear) that the NSX requires? What about offsets?

I also have yet to hear of a 19" front tire size that will work without MAJOR rubbing and without MAJOR problems for the TCS. The only one I've heard of being used is 215/35-19 which will have huge problems on both counts, due to being 6-8 percent larger in outer diameter than stock.

Test fitted today and it does fit. Rubs slightly on full clock with fender liner removed but I had worst. Any way it looks really weird because the front of the car is about 1" higher compared to the rear with the Eibach/Koni suspension that I have on it.

EndlessNA1 said:
it looks really weird because the front of the car is about 1" higher compared to the rear with the Eibach/Koni suspension that I have on it.
What size tires? If the front being higher is a reflection of much larger front tires, you are almost certain to have problems with the TCS.

Don't remove your fender liner,get a tire size that fits!

Just an FYI, the NA2 NSX-R rolls out of the factory using 17-inch wheels in the front and 17's in the rear.

na14yu said:
Just an FYI, the NA2 NSX-R rolls out of the factory using 17-inch wheels in the front and 17's in the rear.

Yes I do know that (the 02 comes with an updated TCS program and different brakes) but I'm looking for an aftermarket setup on non staggered wheels and looks. Not too worried about the TCS though , just more looks and performance.

I give up on running these rims on my NSX and will end up on my mom's IS300.

I just purchased Volk GT-C 18x8.5 and 19x10. I got a custom offset for maximum dish so it will most likely rub so I'm going to roll and push the fenders out a little. Also I'm looking forward to purchasing a set of SSR Type-C wheels 18". Are 18" wheels the best for track use?

na14yu said:
So do all 2002-2004 NSXs.

EndlessNA1 said:
Are 18" wheels the best for track use?
No. If you are looking strictly from the standpoint of performance and handling, you are better off with 17" or smaller, due to a number of factors (weight, track tire availability, etc).

nsxtasy said:

No. If you are looking strictly from the standpoint of performance and handling, you are better off with 17" or smaller, due to a number of factors (weight, track tire availability, etc).

Sure I know that less rotational mass=faster acceleration and blah blah. But I see ALOT of NSX race cars running 18" wheels.

ALSO

what wheels are these?
6953IM001545-med.JPG

something I really want to comment

the same diameter fr / rear wheels doesn't go with cars' line / or the shape of the nsx body... I had 17's all around and I bet my life on it that 17/18 or even 16/17 looks much better... the 02+ changed to that are strictly from performance perspective. With the valence and side skirt, the 02+ looks fine with the set up, it donesn't look that well on my 91.

I reall wouldn't worry about the TCS since you can shut it off anyway... I guessed once you worked out with the rubbing problem, you should be looking pretty cool on show floor. Just drive it like your grandma's buick and u'll be fine. :p

While you are at it, throw in the big brake kits in it, and then I guessed you can even get more points from "go fast"look. I wouldn't think the stock brake will look approprieate with 19 wheels. You also then can work out the ABS bugs from 'em, if it presents...

just my opinion... (since obviously you want to put the wheels on anyway, and you have absolutely every right to do whatever you want to it...)

Wow.... you make me sound like a idiot... Hmmm... I'm not into show cars and have ONLY been racing for the past 3 years. Sure I have done a couple of shows but it was just for fun and never taken seriously. Please do remember my day job is to build all out drift, race, and drag cars. I'm simply asking this question because this is the FIRST NSX I've owned and modifying. I just want to know other NSX owners experiences.

Please follow up on reading the thread completely as I have changed my mind and purchased wheels that are made to fit my car.

Ok well you said you see alot of nsx race cars running 18 in wheels,what cars?In the US there are maybe 3 nsx "race" cars actively competing.There are many owners who do track the car quite frequently,and I can tell you that afaik most folks with older coupes and stock brakes use the 15/16 combo for track and those with big brakes use 17/17 or 17/18.I assumed you meant 18 all around.I have only seen 18 in front wheels used on the track at xpo where the owner was on track because of the event and did not plan on tracking the car much after that.If PD used 18's all around when realtime raced the nsx then I'm sure that was mandated by the rules not by choice of the team.

My opinion, get the staggarded wheels. They flow nicely with the body. Drive next to a NSX with staggared wheels, and you will see just how beautiful it looks. And yes, the newer NSX's have 17's all the way around, but the staggared wheels look much better IMHO.

Regards,
- Z

Attachments

• dsc00465.jpg
    dsc00465.jpg
    83.3 KB · Views: 1,409
EndlessNA1 said:
Thank you for your positive input. I definately am going staggered and already ordered a brand new custom set of Volk GT-C. I'm still looking for some other rims that I could use on the track though.

When purchasing wheels for the track you probably want maximum caliper clearance as one of the factors in deciding, just in case you go for a BBK in the future.

Back