• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

Nord Gray Metallic

so is it like a pewter green?..and did it change hue from different angles indoors?

that is neat....any color like that is best seen in the flesh before buying.

Yawwwwnnnn. The only color that fits the new Nsx is black in my mind. This color looks a bit too communterish. But I dunno, just my take on it so don't lynch me...

Seeing it in person for the first time today at the Dallas show. It was striking! and bigger than I thought, but I guess all cars are getting bigger. There was no way to sit in it as I think that would give me a better feel of size. Oh and driving it too.. =)NSX1.jpgNSX2.jpg

Last edited:
This is actually a deceiving color because how it is perceived can have a distinct, quantifiable difference between one person and the next (particularly in males). The most common form of color blindness is a deutan color vision deficiency (deuteranopia). I only bring this up because I work with color replication on occasion and it's common with a greyish-green color combo to see mass varied opinion once it gets described. Some people can hardly distinguish any green in an intentional green-gray.

A person who is considered green-blind (medium wavelength sensitive green cones are missing resulting in only being able to distinguish 2 to 3 different hues vs. 7 different hues for normal) might love this color cause it looks entirely charcoal to them while others will love that it has a greenish tint and couldn't stand it if it were just plain ol' charcoal.

Suffice it to say that in more ways than one, although we think we are looking at the same thing, we all do not see alike :smile:

I honestly think this is best shade of Gray ever for a car!

Its pretty sweet but I liked the charcoal color they used on the second concept a lot too:

5-NAIAS-2013-Acura-NSX-Concept.jpg

acura-nsx-concept-10.jpg

But perhaps my favorite charcoal (and possibly favorite color of all time) was that charcoal that was only available only on UK NSXs. What was it called does anyone remember?

Last edited:
Wow! That really looks good. Now I am rethinking this color. My wife likes it more than black. I'm on the fence.

But perhaps my favorite charcoal (and possibly favorite color of all time) was that charcoal that was only available only on UK NSXs. What was it called does anyone remember?
There were evidently multiple dark gray colors offered for the first generation NSX.
The Prime wiki lists a Dark Charcoal, NH-629M for European markets (although the name varied by country).
But a JDM NSX color chart (I'm not sure which year this was) shows a Magnum Gray pearl, NH-604P.
Neither of those two colors was offered in the USA.

jpcolors.jpg

Trying to sell a green car (new or used) in the USA is no fun.

...But perhaps my favorite charcoal (and possibly favorite color of all time) was that charcoal that was only available only on UK NSXs. What was it called does anyone remember?

^ Based on that chart above, I think you're thinking the NH-604P Magnum? I agree it's a very nice color...it almost looked black but wasn't. I'm pretty sure Gil (synergy004) repainted his black this color <LINK>

Can't beat black on this NSX!
What are you going with for the interior?

With a black exterior, I have a hard time doing anything but a black interior (I don't care for red or white interiors, and brown seems discordant with a black exterior).

I don't understand how anyone can deal with black cars....I'd personally need meds. Heck that 3rd picture down shows swirls that would drive me crazy. However, to each their own! Additionally, the more more black cars produced the easier it is for cretins like myself to do color changes in the future. :smile:

The Nord Gray on the other hand is brilliant! Very Aston Martin-esk. IMHO.

I'm excited to see in in person, as I think it would look stunning on my xke.

Black is the universal go-to color and will always be the classy color besides silver.

I like the Nord Gray as there's a just a small hint of green and the color changing properties depending on lighting/environment is cool for a "gray" car as evident from various photos. This is a nice perk to me.

Another video:

<iframe src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/vDZ0Fqg4DSs" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="315" width="560"></iframe>

Really torn between this and Valencia Red.

hey to all you guys lamenting about being forced to buy carbon brakes^^^^looks like they made at least one without...

Back