• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX becoming hard to find..

I was in search 1997-2001 and took me 2 years to find the right one! Finding a pristine, low miles 97-01 is indeed a rare bird, and is a real challenge to find. Once I found one, I found that the cars were sold before I could blink an eye. So I kind of gave up for awhile until I stumbled upon one by chance in Napa Valley and I moved super fast, put a deposit down. Good thing I did because I found out later that there were 2 guys right behind me from clear across the country waiting in the wings in case I backed out offering more money, and deposits in as well. Fortunatly the consignment dealer held to his word and honored my deposit, and I had the car 48 hours after making that deposit, and could not move fast enough once I found what I wanted. I like the bigger engine, flap up headlights, classic looks, and the fact that is was tough to find just made me want it more! Love my 98 and glad I was patient!

i was curious about 97-01's since someone said they were rare, but there are 17 results... 02+ shows 4 results.

anyways, it took me 3 years searching on and off to find one... and i just wanted a 91-94, the most common of all NSX's. i wasn't picky either, would have gone for any color. anything good was gone instantly and anything that was junk remained. finally i saw a new listing and called right away and came down to check it out as soon as he gave me his address.

anyone looking needs to act fast and keep checking listings... it seems a lot are selling, so new ones pop up every day.

well all it takes is one. even with 02+ being infinitely more rare, i found one local i would buy... but i wont be in the market for one for a few years. (and that is if things go well)

i was curious about 97-01's since someone said they were rare, but there are 17 results... 02+ shows 4 results.

Really? can you share your link? Please show me because then I must be crazy (as well others)

Oscar

Those are 100% Private Listings, and 90% have been there since ages (have seen them for a long time) .. I am not sure how legit all those private listings are ... anyways, thanks.

Oscar

When I bought my second NSX 4 years ago I made the deal within 24 hours of the car being listed on NSX Prime. [Never mind the fact that the seller tried to back out of the deal even after I had wired him an $8,000 deposit and booked my 1-way plane ticket]. The car is a '91 and had 33,000 miles on it before I drive it home from Florida to California. It was a fun drive - great way to get to know the car! It now has 39,000 miles on it. As time marches on I'm sure we'll see less NSX's for sale, thus, hopefully, making them equally or more valuable than they are now. The car has a timeless design, proven reliability and even room for two sets of golf clubs - pretty unusual combo for an exotic! :biggrin:

Back