• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Camber Kit Before and After Photos

I know many of you have been waiting patiently for this kit to come out and I’m sorry for the delay, but a bit of bad news and a bit of good news is in order:

• Issues have arisen on the present camber design and production will be halted until the design change has been assessed on the vehicle.
• The reason for redesign: The present kits will not work in all applications, and a redesign is needed to ensure fit into all years and variety of shocks used. The present kit works fine in the application assessed, but will not work in many applications existing in the NSX community.
• The redesign will make it unlikely to be a Do-it-your-self kit.

• Good news: the redesign should not take long. A few extra months.

Thank you for your patience.

Thom said:
• Good news: the redesign should not take long. A few extra months.

You're kidding, right? :) I have a Swiss guy here who will have his own kit in a few weeks I think.

goldNSX said:
You're kidding, right? :) I have a Swiss guy here who will have his own kit in a few weeks I think.

No, I'm not kidding.
If your Swiss guy makes a good kit than that's a great thing. I'm not in competition for this product, I'm merely creating a very solid camber fix for the NSX and this kit is in quality/durability testing to ensure the NSX public gets what they pay for. This kit does work and is being proven everyday on the road.
I'll still produce the kit and if there are two alternatives then the critics will deside the outcome.

Thom said:
• The redesign will make it unlikely to be a Do-it-your-self kit.

Thank you for your patience.

Thom, your diligence in getting this kit to market is very commendable and you should be applauded for all your hard work. I'm wondering what parts you have available and which applications they fit, ie. mine?

Also, what does "will make it unlikely to be a Do-it-your-self kit" mean, that I'll have to have it installed at a shop? Or worse?

ChopsJazz said:
Thom, your diligence in getting this kit to market is very commendable and you should be applauded for all your hard work. I'm wondering what parts you have available and which applications they fit, ie. mine?

Also, what does "will make it unlikely to be a Do-it-your-self kit" mean, that I'll have to have it installed at a shop? Or worse?

First, thank you for your accolades.
Now, let me say that the overhead costs cannot be cleared when making a kit that has limited applications, so all I have are the one-off parts.
Two final designs were contemplated for manufacture, only one was chosen, the current design, or should I say not current any longer. The current design was chosen on the basis of DIY, and was designed in such a way that it worked in conjunction with the compliance of NSX parts that exist on the chassis. This application caused some slight geometry changes in how the shock mounted to the Hub. It was only found out recently that there could be a problem in some applications and we stopped the manufacturer from building these parts, and wasting my money.

The other final design we had consisted of too many parts and did not need to utilize the compliance of the NSX parts, which will keep it within geometry limits.
This new design requires more parts to install and a few specialty tools, which have to be made, to get the kit together.
That’s all I’ll say for now.
Like I’ve stated in an earlier post, I’ll have photographs of the parts and installation, probably a correlation between the NSX part and the new camber parts.

UPDATE???
You know, even releasing a kit that will accomodate only stock/bilstein/koni with drop springs will accomodate probably 60%+ of us.........

Any problems from the test mule as of it? Or is the fitment issue potential the ONLY problem thus far?

Then what about this swiss fellow who's gonna release his?

READ THIS THREAD if you really want this mod....I know, it is long, but you need to know this stuff!!!!!

Everyone, This is a mod that I developed, manufactured, tested, and installed on my car in 1999. The car was lowered 2 inches, and used primarily as a track car. The ability to adjust the camber back away from the 2.3-2.5 degrees of negative camber was sugnificant in tire wear reduction. Setting the camber to negative 1.5-1.8 degrees, depending on capable suspension interaction (what suspension one is running), the car handled perfectly, and became known as one of the best set up NSXes around. BTW, I put about 10K track miles on my car since then, and the mod is still holding up!

MJ and I discussed having these made, and sellgin them, but......

The down side number one......I had HUGE interest from the NSX community on mass production of the mod, with people offering to fly me across the country to do it for them.....WHY FLY ME THERE you ask, well, because the mod requires that one expand the channel where the camber dial sets in the lower A-arm of the suspension (thus allowing the replacment of the camber dial with a dial of larger diameter, thus providing a greater range of motion). This can be done with a dremel, if you got balls, a steady hand, and money to buy a new one if you slip, or it can be done by taking the lower A-arm off the car and machining it on a mill machine.

Bringing us to down side number two.....the lower A-arm connects at the top of the "A" to the outer suspension member via a "FRICTION FIT JOINT"!! What does that mean?? Well, it means that the joint is fulcrum shaped (a cylinder that is bigger at one end than the other). But two mated members together, run a both through them, tighten them, and whalay, a friction joint. Now this particular friction joint is sleaved, meaning the lower A-arm has a metalic sleave pressure fitting to it's inner joint sleave. When breaking loose the frition joint, this sleave, more often than not, tears free from the part is should stay connected too. At this point, Honda mechanics (everyone i spoke with in 1999) says, it is time to replace the lower A-arm. Big money! Therefore, no ability to have a core charge system where people receive a kit, install it, then send the old one too the supplier to be modified for the next kit. All kits must have 2 new lower A-arms. Very kostly!

OK, so in closing, why did this never become a kit revolutionising the lowered NSX back in the late 90's.....cost, safety, and DIY ease of installation.

I hope the kit developer can put the worries to rest, and tell us exactly how they plan to revise the camber cams lowering ability without increasing the lob size of the cam, thus requiring a modified lower A-arm. If so, I will be impressed, shut my mouth, and return to the babe watching here in Scandinavia, which already takes up so much of my time. Otherwise, I can post pics to help understand more the text above. As if you want the!

BTW, one must produce the new cam dials/lobes from metal that does not cathodically interact with the suspension metalurgy....to prevent corrosion. I made mine form an exotic material called Hastalloy-20, but there are many less expensive materials that would also work, but are very hard, and hard to machine. Ok, back to my cave.....c ya!

Yes, someone PLEASE get this kit out! You will be my hero! :biggrin:

Btw, put me in line for one.

bluethunder said:
NSXLR8R,

Why not just post pictures of the babes until this is resolved?

Maybe it's the SLANG for "Bay Watch". I heard years and YEARS ago that Bay watch was HUGE over seas and probably the most popular show in the world. I'm guessing that they're all reruns though??

NSXLR8R said:
The down side number one......I had HUGE interest from the NSX community on mass production of the mod, with people offering to fly me across the country to do it for them.....WHY FLY ME THERE you ask, well, because the mod requires that one expand the channel where the camber dial sets in the lower A-arm of the suspension (thus allowing the replacment of the camber dial with a dial of larger diameter, thus providing a greater range of motion). This can be done with a dremel, if you got balls, a steady hand, and money to buy a new one if you slip, or it can be done by taking the lower A-arm off the car and machining it on a mill machine.

Simple solution. Move to American, preferably here in california ;)

/Quote/ ...and return to the babe watching here in Scandinavia, which already takes up so much of my time. /Quote/

ah, yes... there are the most beautiful women in sweden.

Thom,

I hope not to offend by pushing, but I am interested in the reponse to my queries?

Everyone else...

As far as the "Babe Watching", and or the Moving to Cali.....I have been there many times, and you guys have your fair share, but one visit to Scandinavia, and it is you that would be moving....!! :)

I was in fact refering to posting pics of my cam mod, not the babes...if you want babe pics, hope over to Terrys thread, as he has a wealth of them.

Godt jul!

BTW, I am not trying to shoot this idea down, more correctly, I am offering my assistance as some what of an expert in the area of NSX suspension.

Just wanted to clairfy that.....based on some of the PM's I have received.

There is a kit to be made, the price might be prohibitive to sales, but hey, NSX owners often have the cash to throw at such things..... :)

Well, I know of two already that I have seen in person. One on Thom's car and the other on Blkevil's. And hopefully I will be the third :smile:

Thom's a busy guy and not online all the time like some of us. He's a very smart guy and I am sure will respond to your comments when he can.

Back