• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX climate control repair, NSXe-repair.com

random question...

Mine was broke. The battery to the car died and I put a new one in, and now for some reason it all works again. Before it only worked on full blast cold. Is it something you have seen before?

random question...

Mine was broke. The battery to the car died and I put a new one in, and now for some reason it all works again. Before it only worked on full blast cold. Is it something you have seen before?

I have heard other people that had the fan control get intermittent before completely failing. I am sure yours will fail fully fail in the near future.

Can someone tell me how you know if your climate control needs repair, aside from the obvious bad screen? I think mine may be going out, need to check it out more and I don't drive my car that much. But I feel like it wont control temp in the mid zone sometimes, I have to set it on either 60 or 90 for cold and hot...... Not 100 percent sure but looking for info.

Can someone tell me how you know if your climate control needs repair, aside from the obvious bad screen? I think mine may be going out, need to check it out more and I don't drive my car that much. But I feel like it wont control temp in the mid zone sometimes, I have to set it on either 60 or 90 for cold and hot...... Not 100 percent sure but looking for info.

My guess is you are developing the fan only runs on high problem but run the diagnostics found here

http://www.nsxprime.com/wiki/Troubleshooting_the_Climate_Control_System

My a/c now only runs on high with the temp set at 60..any temp movement upwards and the blower stops working. After running the AC for about 5 mins.. The low/mid speed sporadically works. Just ordered a CCU chip kit from Brian..hope this solves the issue.

Is there another NsX e-repair? Item just arrived in the Philippines. Extremely fast CONUSA shipping by the way.

Oh yeah...control board is what I meant. Hope to have it installed within the week.

Control board finally delivered a couple of weeks ago after 2 months of customs "red tape" hold. I finally gave up and had to give some "extra" early Christmas gifts to speed up the process. Will post pics as in a while.

Hi Brian, Why was the gold nut at the bottom of the pic not physically attached to the Board? Won't it cause a problem in the future?

In any case, A/C now works great!!!! Thanks.

photo2_zps7ee7aacf.jpg

Installation took 1 hour...Thanks for the Photo guide Brian.

photo4_zps8f240275.jpg

photo3_zps08f730c1.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks Brian...Might to send over my OEM radio soon...Happy Holidays.

Great thanks. You should receive my old control board soon via FedEx. Happy new year.

Just got my CCU re-installed after BrianK's service. Quick turnaround and great service. I finally have a heater!

I just wanted to publically thank Brian for the good work on fixing the climate control board from my ’97. The fan would work but only on high, not variable speed. Brian fixed the board with a couple of new components and returned it within the few days as he said he would. Just an FYI, there are 2 circuit boards in the CCU along with the 2 knobs, so it is more complicated than I thought it was. Brian knows what he is doing.

I'm several weeks past due to publicly thanking BrianK for his quick turnaround on repairing my CCU. If any NSX owner has any questions regarding their CCU, there is only one answer send your CCU to BrianK for repair. You won't be disappointed!!!

Thanks,

Mike

Are you still offering this service?

What is the current pricing? how much is the exchange service?

My blower has just stopped working this weekend, frustrating!! It works on only Auto (seems to be the same as full) or Full, all the settings between are a mild cough.

Thanks.

If i went for a exchange basis, would i send you the whole unit or strip it down and just the control board?

If i have to take it to bits to remove the board, is it difficult?

Back