• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX climate control repair, NSXe-repair.com

Hey Brian, I know you are the expert on climate control systems. I see multiple symptoms relating to climate control failures so I don't know specifically what to look for. I bought an NSX from my aunt a couple of years ago and it has mostly been garaged. I took it out the other day and noticed that NOTHING works on the climate control unit. No lights, no wind, no workie. Is this a typical climate control failure or would this be more related to a fuse/relay symptom.

If this is a typical failure, would you please let me know what the repair would cost? You obviously have plenty of references. I've read the instructions for removal of the unit. I just didn't want to go through the trouble only to have you tell me the unit is fine and I should troubleshoot elsewhere. Any advice wwould be welcome.

Thanks for fixing my CCU and quieting my aspirator fan!

Hey Brian, I know you are the expert on climate control systems. I see multiple symptoms relating to climate control failures so I don't know specifically what to look for. I bought an NSX from my aunt a couple of years ago and it has mostly been garaged. I took it out the other day and noticed that NOTHING works on the climate control unit. No lights, no wind, no workie. Is this a typical climate control failure or would this be more related to a fuse/relay symptom.

If this is a typical failure, would you please let me know what the repair would cost? You obviously have plenty of references. I've read the instructions for removal of the unit. I just didn't want to go through the trouble only to have you tell me the unit is fine and I should troubleshoot elsewhere. Any advice wwould be welcome.

Yes going completely dead is a ccu failure.

just wanted to add my vote in for how fast and efficient Brian was to repair my ACU. Came back packaged and well protected. Working beautifully now.
Thank you for the great service!

Hi brain
My nsx climate control recently have on an off internmently and when its off it blow air at the air vent. Now it will be on for 2min start up and then dead. Is it something related to the climate control problem? If i were to send it to send to repair do i have to send the whole unit or just the circuit board?

Thanks Alan

@Brian - I hope this isn't overstepping... but I thought I would post here about your willingness to support a DIY'er.

Folks - Brian was nice enough to send me the 13 caps required to do the recap. (My 1991 HVAC was not working right... turns out about half of the caps had some level of leakage.) As a DIY guy with some reasonable experience with electronics projects, I thought I would give it a go. Worst case, I would send it off to Brian to fix what I couldn't. I guess I could have just bought the caps myself, but the easy button of just getting the right caps was worth it and I like to support folks like Brian who have done so much for the community all these years.

If anyone else is interested, here's a photo of the board and where the caps that Brian sent me go. (The red circle is also a 47uF cap)
Screen Shot 2023-06-09 at 12.11.43 PM.PNG

I discourage people from attempting a repair, the boards are now no longer available from Acura so the risk reward is not in your favor if something goes sideways. I don't know what you do or what your time is worth but for most the convenience of it being fixed and back together so they can enjoy there car has great value. Good luck on the repair you can't do any worse than I have see from other hack auto electronics repair shops, see my facebook page nsxe-repair.

Back