• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX clutch. How many miles on yours?

The original owner of mine replaced her first clutch at 13972 miles and her second clutch at 23480 miles.
:eek: :eek: :eek:
how is that even freaking possible?!?!?!? Wow is all I can say.......

My '02, Original clutch, 65k miles

:eek: :eek: :eek:
how is that even freaking possible?!?!?!? Wow is all I can say.......

My '02, Original clutch, 65k miles

I wondered the same thing prior to buying the car. However, I began to understand when I saw the route she had to take each day to work. Lots of stop/go stuff and holding on hills at stop lights, etc. Now, don't get me wrong, the replacements still tell me someone was riding a clutch, but ... don't really know, I never knew her.

Replacement records show charges of $5061.24 for the first replacement and $5037.67 for the second one - both done at the dealership. First one was negotiated under warranty, the second one was not.

Last edited:
75433 km and the clutch is slipping. I've driven the car roughly 6000 km and before that it belonged to someone else where it sat for a good part of it's life. I think that having it sit around like that can't be good for it. I don't ride the clutch although I do use it as much as required.

I wondered the same thing prior to buying the car. However, I began to understand when I saw the route she had to take each day to work. Lots of stop/go stuff and holding on hills at stop lights, etc. Now, don't get me wrong, the replacements still tell me someone was riding a clutch, but ... don't really know, I never knew her.

Replacement records show charges of $5061.24 for the first replacement and $5037.67 for the second one - both done at the dealership. First one was negotiated under warranty, the second one was not.
A properly driven clutch shouldn't go that quickly, no matter what the route.

And those charges sound very high to me. I know the six-speed is more expensive to replace than the five-speed, but still, they sound high.

A properly driven clutch shouldn't go that quickly, no matter what the route.

And those charges sound very high to me. I know the six-speed is more expensive to replace than the five-speed, but still, they sound high.

I absolutely agree with both points! The charges were from the dealer, which speaks to the high price.

Back