• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX collectibles

Does anybody actually collect miniature NSX's and cool little NSX items to go with your real life versions? I dont own an NSX yet, but I plan on getting one very soon. In the meantime, I keep myself busy by ordering die-cast NSX's and other small collectibles.
Anybody else? I have several URL's that I order from if anyone is interested.

------------------
'99 Black GSR
'97 Black Grand Cherokee

Originally posted by Teej:
Oh, hehe, I see Mr.Henderson collects them as well. I'm a little bit behind from his impressive collection.

I'm up to about 100 but there are a couple of people here with more than me...
My family think I'm obsessed and should seek help - anyone have a good 12 step program for NSXitis?

------------------
Andrew Henderson
The NSX Model List Page

"We have long acknowledged that enthusiasm for things automotive is a sure
sign of emotional instability if not outright dementia"
- Brock Yates

Originally posted by 1HOT NSX:
I'm interested in finding one in the 1:12 scale. Do you guys know where I can buy one?

Ebay seems to be the most common place to get the 1:12 plastic model version of the NSX.

------------------
1995 NSX-T
1999 3.2TL
2001 Odyssey
1992 SC400

Very cool collection Andrew. I see you've got the super-deformed NSX as well; I got a kick out of that one
smile.gif

I only have two so far: a cheap 1:24 scale and, of course, the 1:1 scale original
wink.gif

I would love to get a nice quality 1:24 Kaiser Silver...

I have a VERY extensive collection of NSX stuff including many scale/die cast models. I've got 1/24 do-it-yourselfers, 1/18 Diecast (black and yellow
wink.gif
), 1/43 silver, etc.... I also have all the books, silver cover, tech and devel, Honda NSX, etc.. a bunch of brochures, mag. articles, literature, etc..... the wooden post card box, pen and pencil set, titanium watch, stickers, clocks, Acura/Bose CD and tapes that went to original owners, manuals, titanium keys, videos, patches, paintings and DVDs, etc........ So who's a little nuts? Sheesh.

Haha, this is too cool. I used to collect books and mags, but right now, I'm more into the 3D collectibles. I dont have close to 100, but I heres what I do have.

1:87-2white-R,red,black,and yellow keychains.

1:43-Raybrig NSX 2000,2001: Castrol NSX 2000,2001: Takata NSX 2000,2001: Mobil 1 NSX 2000: Loctite NSX 2001: Yellow NSX Safety Car: Yellow NSX-R: Yellow NSX-T.

1:36-12pc pullback set

1:24-plastic kits. Raybrig, Mobil 1, Castrol, Avex Dome, NSX-R, 3 regular NSX's.

1:18-Yellow,White,Black,Red (newer ones): White NSX-R, White Type S, Imola Orange S-Zero, '92 Silver, '92 Red

I'm about to order a bunch of JGTC Choro Q NSX's and I have yet to start on the Majorette, and Tomica die-cast NSX's.

If anyone is up for sharing sources, by all means, go ahead.

------------------
'99 Black GSR
'97 Black Grand Cherokee

[This message has been edited by Teej (edited 05 May 2002).]

Ok, if we're going to start playing "can you top this" with our NSX collectibles, here are a few of mine:

1. Engineer's team shirt Kremer Honda LeMans 1994.
2. Team owner's cashmere sweater Kremer Honda LeMans 1994.
3. "HONDA" vinyl garage banner from Kremer Team Honda LeMans.
4. Billboard size print of the 1994 LeMans poster with the Kremer NSXs.
5. 42 different telephone cards picturing the NSX.
6. 2 different keychains Mobil One JGTC team.
7. All of the glossy photo books including the BBC one that goes for $300+ on Ebay.
8. Honda Europe LeMans 1994 Press Kit.
9. Comptech Spice Acura IMSA Press Kit.
10. Comptech Spice Acura IMSA team pin.
and a few other neat trinkets...

------------------
Andrew Henderson
The NSX Model List Page

- Brock Yates

Originally posted by lemansnsx:
Ok, if we're going to start playing "can you top this" with our NSX collectibles, here are a few of mine:

1. Engineer's team shirt Kremer Honda LeMans 1994.
2. Team owner's cashmere sweater Kremer Honda LeMans 1994.
3. "HONDA" vinyl garage banner from Kremer Team Honda LeMans.
4. Billboard size print of the 1994 LeMans poster with the Kremer NSXs.
5. 42 different telephone cards picturing the NSX.
6. 2 different keychains Mobil One JGTC team.
7. All of the glossy photo books including the BBC one that goes for $300+ on Ebay.
8. Honda Europe LeMans 1994 Press Kit.
9. Comptech Spice Acura IMSA Press Kit.
10. Comptech Spice Acura IMSA team pin.
and a few other neat trinkets...

But no NSX?!
biggrin.gif

Okay okay, you probably have been doing it longer though. hehe, its all good. Theres supposidly a real Raybrig NSX pit shirt on Ebay, Im not so sure about that though.

Originally posted by Teej:
Okay okay, you probably have been doing it longer though. hehe, its all good. Theres supposidly a real Raybrig NSX pit shirt on Ebay, Im not so sure about that though.

That shirt has been on Ebay at least 8 times and never seems to get any bids.

------------------
Andrew Henderson
The NSX Model List Page

- Brock Yates

Originally posted by Nsxotic:
I have a VERY extensive collection of NSX stuff including many scale/die cast models. I've got 1/24 do-it-yourselfers, 1/18 Diecast (black and yellow
wink.gif
), 1/43 silver, etc.... I also have all the books, silver cover, tech and devel, Honda NSX, etc.. a bunch of brochures, mag. articles, literature, etc..... the wooden post card box, pen and pencil set, titanium watch, stickers, clocks, Acura/Bose CD and tapes that went to original owners, manuals, titanium keys, videos, patches, paintings and DVDs, etc........ So who's a little nuts? Sheesh.

ALL the books? All the ones listed here?

Do you have a complete set of the NSX luggage?

Do you have the leaded glass crystal NSX?

Do you have the Jacob Jensen NSX clock (that matches the Jacob Jensen NSX watch)? AND the Yokohama NSX clock?

Do you have the NSX beach towel?

Do you have a set of all the NSXPO giveaways from each of the five NSXPO's that have been held?

Do you have the Rosso 1/12 scale NSX?

Do you have the NSX paperweight from when the car was introduced?

Yes to the books, paperweight and NSXPO2000 blanket, but no to the rest.

One thing I would LOVE is the invitation for the last NSXPO which supposedly was a picture of my car.... I've yet to see this and would absolutely love it if someone would PLEASE offer it to me.

[This message has been edited by Nsxotic (edited 05 May 2002).]

Originally posted by Nsxotic:
One thing I would LOVE is the invitation for the last NSXPO which supposedly was a picture of my car.... I've yet to see this

You can view the brochure here.

At one time I tried to collect 2 sets of every NSX toys I can find. I ran out of shelf space a lot time ago, so some of my stuff is up for sale/trade. I have an extra set Choro Q safety/pace cars, which includes the NSX, Supra, Skyline and RX7, and is very cute according to my wife. I should also have an extra set of Choro Q Honda Limited Special, which includes 2 NSXes, a CRX and
something else. There is the blue Choro Q Raybrig and the Purple Raybrig, and the 20th anniversary white type R. The normal Tomica/Choro Q/Majorette are not worth much, but the chrome ones were expensive. Email me if anyone is interested. Sorry, the extra 1/12 Rosso was sold last summer, replaced by a 1/12 Tamiya Porsche 934.

Shameless plug department: I just happen to have an NSX collectible on Ebay right now
smile.gif

It's a 1:43 resin kit of one of the ADAC Cup cars. Here is a picture of the actual car as it sits in a Honda dealer in Germany:

94adacnsx.jpg

------------------
Andrew Henderson
The NSX Model List Page

- Brock Yates

Where do you guys buy the die cast models from? I had an awfully hard time finding them anywhere in the states. So when I went to Thailand and saw two of them in a mall, I picked them up immediately. Since they don't have Acura in Thailand, they're Honda NSXs. I got one in silver and another in black. I think I paid the equivalent of $6 for the both of them. I'll buy more next year when I go back.

Originally posted by Badfishlbc:
Where do you guys buy the die cast models from?
1/18: Exoticar Models sells the red and black, used to have a Yellow, and an Orange (Type S). Other colors/models on eBay or some Japan/Hong Kong dealers -- silver, white (Type R), old red, etc

1/43: Ebbro pretty popular -- available from dealers in many colors, including white Type R and orange Type S... also several JGTC racecar replicas

1/36 "pullback" - available from dealers; not as detailed as the Ebbro 1:43

Smaller ones (not really into these) -- but these show up on eBay every now and then

Originally posted by Badfishlbc:
Where do you guys buy the die cast models from?

FAQ Nazi is apparently off today so I'll answer for him: LITFAQ
wink.gif

------------------
Andrew Henderson
The NSX Model List Page

- Brock Yates

Back