• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Concept - Subtle to Radical Changes - 56K Beware

There was some discussion about subtle changes being made to the NSX Concept to improve it. So I made a 3d model with the bigger side intake and longer/more pronounced tail. I recently bought a 90s 300ZX and was reminded of the terrible rear visibility due to the B and C pillars being so thick. So I experimented with a more radical change for the throwback/retro look while maintaining the flying buttress. Here are some of my results (Sorry for the heavy pics):

N2X.jpg

N2XR-1.jpg

N2XRT.jpg

N2X048.jpg

N2X031.jpg

N2X074.jpg

N2X104.jpg

N2XR040.jpg

N2XR012.jpg

It's all about trying to slim out that rearend to make it look sleeker :redface: But did I butcher it?

I like #1 & #2. #3 only looks good if the B-pillar is blacked out.

P.S., I don't think we have any dial-up users anymore so no need to warn them unless you're trying to prove how old you are. :biggrin:

Nice work! Me likee orange.

Hey Honda..................are you watching????????????????????/

Last edited:
Amazing how the third one really shows off the lineage of the orig NSX.

Orange version looks perfect. Not too radical a change, but it gives the car a more exotic look.

I think the 2nd iteration looks great with the exception that of the side scoop leveling out right at the door seem. Kind of draws your eyes to the door seem instead of away from it, if you catch my drift.

One request which I'm guessing wouldn't be too hard to do. Can you show us how the car looks with the roof color matched vs blacked out?

All of those look great!

Are your animations just for the fun or will it really happen at the factory?

First, thats some really nice 3D work/design study

I also like the orange version, its much better stretched out slightly

...might be interesting if you carried the angled line on the rear fender down to the bottom of the door instead of 6 inches above it so that the door lines are uninterrupted

Either way, cheers on the orange

P.S., I don't think we have any dial-up users anymore so no need to warn them unless you're trying to prove how old you are. :biggrin:

Yea, I doubt anyone uses that archaic method anymore. I definitely do no miss the days of 5/KBs downloads lol. I did it to warn of high bandwidth usage instead of saying "pics heavy".

All of those look great!

Are your animations just for the fun or will it really happen at the factory?

Which particular animation? I generally do them for fun.

Thanks all for the comments. I agree the orange version is the most balanced. The yellow version loses the dynamic look while being more retro and true to the original. Here are some solid color renditions as requested :cool:

N2XSolid.jpg

Thanks for doing the matching top. Definitely looks better with the roof not matched imo. It gives it the illusion of a lower roof line.

For those who want to see the tail become longer for the looks: Are you willing to accept the resulting decrease in acceleration and braking performance (due to the additional weight of the body work and structure) and also the increase in polar moment reducing the agility of the car?

For those who want to see the tail become longer for the looks: Are you willing to accept the resulting decrease in acceleration and braking performance (due to the additional weight of the body work and structure) and also the increase in polar moment reducing the agility of the car?

Oh Bolony.

Not enough weight to be a factor..looks much better, plus..better crush zones for safety.

I'll live with th .0010 decrease in acceleration if it makes for a more beautiful car.

With the huge rims and tires plus all wheel drive they have planned, I'm sure it will hold the road just fine.

JMO.

Oh Bolony.

Not enough weight to be a factor..looks much better, plus..better crush zones for safety.

I'll live with th .0010 decrease in acceleration if it makes for a more beautiful car.

With the huge rims and tires plus all wheel drive they have planned, I'm sure it will hold the road just fine.

JMO.

+1. I don't think its that much weight.

Sweet! Now fix the ugly front end and we can have some hope! ;) Put an HSC front end on it and it'll look good with the extended body.

Yea the extra few inches would not increase weight by much. The extended spoiler and bumper would be made of lighter materials anyways.

Back