• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Concept - Subtle to Radical Changes - 56K Beware

But looking at the first few wireframe images, it's not just the bumper. It's a longer wheelbase and that means you are effectively adding in a whole cross section of the chassis, more steel/aluminum frame rail, more wiring, more coolant hose full of coolant, everything. Longer wheelbase also means less rigidity unless you compensate by adding even more reinforcement.

Am I wrong? Is the lengthening all in the bumper? Or is it a more elegant redesign to be longer which includes the chassis and overall shape?

But this is all theoretical anyway. I just wanted to point out that if you guys as stylists made this argument, you would get push-back from the engineering team about the compromises that would entail.

But looking at the first few wireframe images, it's not just the bumper. It's a longer wheelbase and that means you are effectively adding in a whole cross section of the chassis, more steel/aluminum frame rail, more wiring, more coolant hose full of coolant, everything. Longer wheelbase also means less rigidity unless you compensate by adding even more reinforcement.

Am I wrong? Is the lengthening all in the bumper? Or is it a more elegant redesign to be longer which includes the chassis and overall shape?

But this is all theoretical anyway. I just wanted to point out that if you guys as stylists made this argument, you would get push-back from the engineering team about the compromises that would entail.

Where's that little "rolls eyes" smiley? I could use that right about now.

I only changed the rear bumper and spoiler for the rearend. The extended rear bumper would then be able accommodate a few extra inches of cargo space if there is still a trunk in the back. That would be the area with the most weight increase if any. I did not change wheelbase or even the rear fender unless you count the rear spoiler part of the fender. There were minimal changes made.

N Spec, understood--longer bumper area only.

I don't get the easy dismissal of the engineering side of things. When you are aiming to be the best at something, you have to fight for it. You guys would fight for a longer tail, and others would fight to shave a few inches off because the car would be better in other ways. If that fight means saving a few ounces here and there, it adds up to the sub-3000 lbs. car that everyone is wishing for. Otherwise, you end up with a GT-R. It all seems to me to be a valid discussion on the tradeoffs of making the car longer than it needs to be in order to look better. It's how you make a good product.

edit: After thinking about it, I think the greater challenge would be to make a long-tailed car without making it longer. i.e. Restyle and re-proportion the entire shape so that there is a longer tail but the car is not bigger than the mechanical parts need it to be.

Last edited:
Can you show this same angle with a white car, and add red brake calipers? Do one with white roof and another with black roof. :)

N2XSolid.jpg

So when can we buy the new kit for the NSX? since the inside compartment was not changed in the movie Avengers :)
<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/6zsd_xtJSrw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Hey All,

Do RLX have the same engine with the next gen NSX? If yes, how come it only produce 370 hp? Will it be change or it will be exactly the same?

If the engine is the same but has the same concept it is good news since the RLX will be produce somewhere early 2013

I'm really liking the b-pillar of the yellow rendering. It would be a great tribute to the original. I think with a little more work that would be the winner for me. You'll know it's an NSX right away.

The others are nice too but the designs seems like it can still be confused with many other modern day supercars.

My vote goes the yellow! Nice work

Thanks for the comment Knuck.

N Spec, understood--longer bumper area only.

I don't get the easy dismissal of the engineering side of things. When you are aiming to be the best at something, you have to fight for it. You guys would fight for a longer tail, and others would fight to shave a few inches off because the car would be better in other ways. If that fight means saving a few ounces here and there, it adds up to the sub-3000 lbs. car that everyone is wishing for. Otherwise, you end up with a GT-R. It all seems to me to be a valid discussion on the tradeoffs of making the car longer than it needs to be in order to look better. It's how you make a good product.

edit: After thinking about it, I think the greater challenge would be to make a long-tailed car without making it longer. i.e. Restyle and re-proportion the entire shape so that there is a longer tail but the car is not bigger than the mechanical parts need it to be.

I overlooked your edit. The only way to make it same overall dimensions with a longer tail is if they shortened the wheel base which would completely change the engineering aspect of the car while also affecting performance/handling/weight etc. Extending the rear by a few inches with plastic bumpers and spoilers would be less detrimental. I think Honda can find a nice compromise and hopefully make some nice tweaks.

Back