• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Convertible?

I'm not sure what to think of this. It looks like a custom NSX convertible. I wouldn't want one, but just my opinion.

What about you guys?

10247415524.257464782.IM1.MAIN.565x421_A.562x421.jpg

There are several of them out there. I saw some when I used to live in FL.

I believe that there was a company called Newport Customs that specialized in this conversion. The chassis was heavily reinforced to accomodate for the loss in structural rigidity.

The popularity of the convertible conversion waned when the NSX targa models were released in 1995

There is only one NSX convertible that I have liked it was red and someone posted a pic of it recently. I could only see doing this to a salvaged NSX, be hard to cut the roof off a perfectly good NSX. Also would be concerned about structural integrity. Other issue is I have never seen a convertible NSX with the roof up that looked good.

I would never buy one - and i would never even sit in one...

its a death trap without some sort of roll bars....

also it looks like total crap with the top up... :rolleyes:

what a shame to cut these perfectly fine NSX's up like that... :mad:

That one doesn't look to bad when the top is down but when the top is up it looks like amature night. I believe it is on autotrader. Suppossedly it is about a mile from my house but I have never seen it.

Well according to the parking ticket I got yesterday, I also have a convertible!! :confused::biggrin:

Psshh, semantics.

(On the plus side, at least he didn't ticket me for no front plate! Got lucky on that one...)

ticket.jpg

I understand no one likes convertible X's, but I absolutely love mines, both with top up and down, it does come with a rollbar which you have the option of leaving up when driving at high speeds of course or you can leave it down for car shows etc. I've posted the story before but I bought mine from cali and it was done by original owner at newport customs. Although Ive seen online some that has been done with bad taste but mine is BEAUTIFUL. I TRULY BELIEVE A ORIGINAL VERSION SHOULD OF BEEN DONE DURING THE NSX 14 YEAR SPAN

Well according to the parking ticket I got yesterday, I also have a convertible!! :confused::biggrin:

Psshh, semantics.

(On the plus side, at least he didn't ticket me for no front plate! Got lucky on that one...)

ticket.jpg

Consider yourself lucky... my last parking ticket was $60.... :mad:

You must have had the top off! :)

I understand no one likes convertible X's, but I absolutely love mines, both with top up and down, it does come with a rollbar which you have the option of leaving up when driving at high speeds of course or you can leave it down for car shows etc. I've posted the story before but I bought mine from cali and it was done by original owner at newport customs. Although Ive seen online some that has been done with bad taste but mine is BEAUTIFUL. I TRULY BELIEVE A ORIGINAL VERSION SHOULD OF BEEN DONE DURING THE NSX 14 YEAR SPAN

A roll bar that you can "leave up" or "leave down" ?? Really? Can you show us how that works?

Last edited:

I hope your top up looks better than this one http://www.nsxprime.com/forums/showthread.php?t=106909

The black one in the first link is the same one in the first post w/top down. The top is horrible.

Here you go, pics with roller bar up and down.

Attachments

• P1030731.jpg
    P1030731.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 223
  • P1030732.jpg
    P1030732.jpg
    76.5 KB · Views: 183
  • P1030733.jpg
    P1030733.jpg
    80.3 KB · Views: 214
  • P1030730.jpg
    P1030730.jpg
    81.7 KB · Views: 664
  • P1030739.jpg
    P1030739.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 219
  • P1030740.jpg
    P1030740.jpg
    64.6 KB · Views: 211
  • P1030743.jpg
    P1030743.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 193
  • P1030744.jpg
    P1030744.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 205
  • P1030745.jpg
    P1030745.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 218
  • P1030736.jpg
    P1030736.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 173
  • P1030742.jpg
    P1030742.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 223
other then technical reasons the only thing a hate about the newport convertibles is the rag top, maybe if it had a removable hard top like the s2000.

The car would look sooooo much better if it was just left alone... and not chopped up like that... the car looks great if you ignore the rag top... its just blasphemy to me! :frown:

Back