• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Crash in San Diego

I daily drive my S2k (never "raced" a person on the road, but i do group drives, yet i drive fast) today i was driving normal, Then on my exit was NO ONE, a huge long curve followed by a tight turn, yes i did 90-95 B4 the curve and on the curve not sure since i was on "driver" mode, but -IF- i lost control and crash my S (Please i'm just imagining) does that makes me a MONSTER??
How about if a moron that it's eating breakfast on his car while talking @ his cellphone tells the cop i was "SPEEDING" ??

When i drive my GF RSX i don't drive fast since that car it's slow and AT ,, but then again is not a sport scar ....

So, who owns sports cars?
People that like to drive fast? most people that rather drive slow? ....
Should i just get rid of the S2000 so i don't drive fast?
Should i give up of my NSX dream?

AM I a MONSTER? b/c i drive fast on highways?
(I NEVER drive fast on neighborhoods)

Honestly i am confused ... i do go karting A LOT and i wish i could track my S2k every weekend ....

--MY PRAYERS -- to the NSX driver and his family.

ACCIDENTS HAPPEN, and i wish he wasn't "racing" but that is an unfortunate event.

Oscar

It seems to me that if people would like me to stop reiterating my points, they should probably stop attacking them and me (rather harshly in some cases, I'd add), over and over. It's not reasonable to expect someone to sit quietly for that.

I have my own opinion on the matter. It differs significantly from some of yours. Deal with it. You might find that tolerating another person's different opinion, distasteful as it may be, doesn't actually kill you.

Maybe this thread should just stop. Nothing is actually being accomplished here.

Perhaps, however I believe the point of the donation is to show support for a fellow NSXer and his family in a time of need, be it financial or emotional support.

Emotional support.......
Please get better. Hope you family is doing well in this moment of crisis

Guys chill out, we're all NSX owners here.

Hopefully we get some more good updates from the cousin.

+1

I've had a couple of my friends call, thinking it was me...I was in NorCal though.

We all make mistakes. Sometimes they are minor mistakes with major consequences. My prayers go out to the driver and his family, and his mom that is waiting to kill him.
if his mom's anything like my mom was, he's got a major ass-whuppin' coming his way after he walks out of the hospital.

cousin: encourage him to get well and have his mom walk in front of him when they leave the hospital ;)

Any info on this one? How many black Evos (if it really was an EVO) are there in the region?

You're joking right? It's southern California for God's sake. The land of posers, boy racers, bad taste, oppressive laws and frequent natural disasters. Evos are as common out there as flies circling a cow pie. :)

You're joking right? It's southern California for God's sake. The land of posers, boy racers, bad taste, oppressive laws and frequent natural disasters. Evos are as common out there as flies circling a cow pie. :)

Hugh, I'm offended by that comment. I'm a young man racer, and not a poser as I actually own a nsx and I drive the piss outta mine :biggrin:

Oh and I don't think the flies are as attracted to the cow pies as they are to the cows. Cows are herbivores and I don't think their feces are that attractive to flies since it's hay and grass in, hay and grass out. I believe flies circling a "dog pie" is more appropriate lol

Aren't you really describing Florida? You know with the tornados, hurricanes, sink holes, old people, Miami Dolphins, tolls roads, inability to count votes, drugs, unbelievable humidity and the home of O.J.? I may have forgotten a few thousand other things! Oh, and it's really flat!:tongue: I'll take California any day.

It really hits close to home to see your car in such a violent wreck regardless of the cause. My thoughts go out to the driver and his family, I hope he makes a quick and full recovery.

Mods: I'm not sure if it is possible, but is there any way to separate this into two threads? One for posting well wishes / driver health updates and another for the arguments? It doesn't seem right to have them mixed together like this.

- Jason

Aren't you really describing Florida? You know with the tornados, hurricanes, sink holes, old people, Miami Dolphins, tolls roads, inability to count votes, drugs, unbelievable humidity and the home of O.J.? I may have forgotten a few thousand other things! Oh, and it's really flat!:tongue: I'll take California any day.

This is almost as good as watching Harry and Lloyd (dumb and dumber) argue. If it were on-topic and not completely pointless I'd ask you to continue. Good stuff though - lol. :biggrin:

Hugh, I'm offended by that comment. I'm a young man racer, and not a poser as I actually own a nsx and I drive the piss outta mine :biggrin:
What are your racing credentials again? I missed something here...or maybe not.

You're joking right? It's southern California for God's sake. The land of posers, boy racers, bad taste, oppressive laws and frequent natural disasters.

Also the land of prostitutes? :D

Hugh said:
Evos are as common out there as flies circling a cow pie. :)

Sorry, I can't do a joke about it as I've never been there. :wink:

Please, move beyond what your teacher told you in third grade and think for yourself. Old sayings like this are catchy, and seem so obviously right when you're that age, but they're oversimplifications, and they're wrong.

Human beings do point fingers, and often accurately. We certainly point them at people who commit very heinous crimes. For instance, if I were to come to your house, tie you up, and peel all of your skin off of you while you screamed, not many people would have any problem with pointing their fingers at me and suggesting that something similarly horrible be done to me. Even a career car thief could reasonably point at me and say, "That's a really bad guy." That's an easy judgement call, isn't it?

It gets a little more difficult to judge, when you're looking at someone who is somewhere between a skin-peeling monster and Mother Teresa. However, it's still fair to point your finger at many of the people between the two extremes. In my case, I believe that people who put other people's lives in danger, for the sake of an adrenaline rush, are fair to point my finger at.

Sure, I'm not perfect, but since no human is perfect, what's the alternative? If no imperfect human may judge another imperfect human, we would have to allow anarchy. That's silly, and we obviously don't do it. We try instead to use logic, common sense, and objectivity when pointing fingers, which is what I'm doing.

By the way, I want to remind everyone who's on my case that I have said I believe these things IF he was street racing, or otherwise using excessive speed. There's no reason to defend him if he wasn't, because I'm not speaking against his actions if he wasn't.

Well your opinion must be much more important than the well being of a family member of someone that is now registered on this forum and watching this thread. So as hard as it is for you to apparently do... I think this might be a really good time for you to
stfu.gif

Also the land of prostitutes? :D

Sorry, that's Nevada your thinking about, close but not on the coast. We've got alot of issues in CA but hookers don't come near the top of the list. :biggrin:

I hope the driver makes a full recovery.

Let this also serve as a lesson of the potential dangers of street racing. If you value your life (or others), don't do it!!

Well your opinion must be much more important than the well being of a family member of someone that is now registered on this forum and watching this thread. So as hard as it is for you to apparently do... I think this might be a really good time for you to (Image of Penn mouthing STFU)
*shrug* If I always made sure not to say anything that might bother someone else, I'd never be able to say anything. Neither would anyone else, for that matter. Everything offends someone.

The guy's relatives presumably have brains in their heads and can survive the experience of reading posts that criticize street racing. Can't you?

Back