• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX CRAZE (spring) May 21st-23rd in Houston, Tx

I was going to wash mine and then head out to the track since I don't think my car will be ready to track this time around. :mad: BUT, if we're all going to do this I would be interested provided I don't wash it that morning.

On a separate note, this event finally got me to finish my little RSX steering wheel swap I've been trying to figure out. I'm looking forward to seeing some nicely modded NSX's this weekend, and I wanted to have something different to contribute to the spread (small as it may be).

It aint small.....I love to see "small stuff" like that, and the wheel looks great:cool:

Tina and I would like to show up at Todai to see everyone and also get in on the NSXPO plans.
:smile:

Guess I am out........Spent last three days working on my F N NSX.......I think now that the paint shop f'd something up.....He said I had a bad fuel pump....well two days and after replacing the Main Relay, Fuel Filter, All associated fuses, dropping the damn tank and replacing the fuel pump....no change...car wont start.....2001 w/ 39k miles ran great prior to paint shop where it has been for 5 months.....I give up, I will have to see you guys at NSXPO.......:frown::frown::frown:

Guess I am out........Spent last three days working on my F N NSX.......I think now that the paint shop f'd something up.....He said I had a bad fuel pump....well two days and after replacing the Main Relay, Fuel Filter, All associated fuses, dropping the damn tank and replacing the fuel pump....no change...car wont start.....2001 w/ 39k miles ran great prior to paint shop where it has been for 5 months.....I give up, I will have to see you guys at NSXPO.......:frown::frown::frown:

I'm in the same boat as you. :frown: Maybe Ross can help you out!?

Check all you grounds on the car.

:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
Here is Brent's NSX pic- Btw, anybody have the diagram for all the ground on the NSX ?

Attachments

• brentfuel.jpg
    brentfuel.jpg
    81.4 KB · Views: 112
Last edited:
Ok, I'm out too :mad::mad::mad::mad: My clutch went out yesterday. I got the Walbro 255 pump put in and dynoed the car with a high boost pulley (12-13psi) the car made 440whp but it was really humid and the car wasn't making good numbers in my opinion. I'm still on a stock clutch and yesterday was going on a test drive after fixing up and cleaning up, getting the NSX ready for the weekend and the clutch is gone.
I will still be attending the event but will now have to bring my 800 whp civic.
So no track day for the NSX, but I am in for the Karting.

Everyone drive safe and I'll see yall tonight. I'll be late to dinner.

Rahim
(832)-771-3850

Ok, I'm out too :mad::mad::mad::mad: My clutch went out yesterday. I got the Walbro 255 pump put in and dynoed the car with a high boost pulley (12-13psi) the car made 440whp but it was really humid and the car wasn't making good numbers in my opinion. I'm still on a stock clutch and yesterday was going on a test drive after fixing up and cleaning up, getting the NSX ready for the weekend and the clutch is gone.
I will still be attending the event but will now have to bring my 800 whp civic.
So no track day for the NSX, but I am in for the Karting.

Everyone drive safe and I'll see yall tonight. I'll be late to dinner.

Rahim
(832)-771-3850

Damn i was hoping to get a ride

austin will be on the road around 6ish.
Chris, kelley, Umar, todd, dave and luis

Last edited:

This may sound crazy, but try it anyway. If you are getting fuel and you are getting spark but it won't start:
Turn on your ignition key until the check engine light goes out. Immediately turn the key off and then turn the key to start it. Good Luck. Btw it worked for me after a year of not starting.
If it does work, get your injectors serviced at RC Engineering. I am sure someone on here can tell you how to accomplish that.
Teddy

Last edited:
Also, I am out for the track event. I am planning on showing up for the karting at MSRH and will bring my car. I am a member there so perhaps I can give a few rides on the big track... See ya on Sunday.
Teddy

I made it from Dallas to Houston today in just over 3 hours :biggrin: I'm staying with family in Spring so I didn't get to go to the dinner tonight, but I look forward to seeing everyone tomorrow for the track day.

newbie question: Does anyone know if there is a clothing requirement for the track? I wasn't sure if shorts were allowed.

Leaving now... :rolleyes:

Longest day evarrr...

- failed THEN passed state inspection / emissions (wtf-bbq?) :tongue:

- shop A can't dismount/mount my new tires after trying/retrying for nearly 2 hrs... :smile:

- shop B damaged (1) wheel trying to dismount/remount my new tires, so I said adios! :mad:

- shop C dismounted/remounted my new tires in 5mins/wheel w/ ease; not a fleck of dust on wheels! :cool:

- can't shift into reverse easily at all whatsoever, now can't shift into 1st or at times all other gears when stationary or rolling or high rev' down-shifting/engine-braking (ie. perhaps slave cylinder?) though synchro's are moving! Need to double/triple clutch. Tried clutch-fluid reservoir top'off & bleed; more than likely clutch line or master/slave cylinder... :confused:

Pray that I make it... :redface:

(likely out of track-event, need NSX guru's to help w/ the transmission: 6spd. / OS-Giken / 4.44 final-drive / Motul M.T. fluid... :frown:)

I love you all... :D

Last edited:
Wanted to thank all you guys for making my first time out a blast - I'll totally be back and look forward to getting to know the Houston crew better!

Wanted to thank all you guys for making my first time out a blast - I'll totally be back and look forward to getting to know the Houston crew better!

+1

Thanks to everyone who put this event on, I had a great time on my first track outing :biggrin:

It was nice seeing you guys. Sorry I had to bail had to jet off.

=g=

It was great see you man. :smile:

I had a great time this wkend, thanks to the people who traveled to come to Houston this time around. Hope everyone has a safe trip back home.

Rahim

Houston, it was a good time!

Just got in a bit ago. It was a great time w/ great people. Thanks to the organizers/hosts/et'al as well as fellow attendees/participants. Lots more to say later, along w/ many pics to post in due time - so stay tuned!

Truly a delight to cross paths w/ all of you peeps! :cool:

Back