• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX days Spa francorchamps PICTURES !

After the races I sort off repaired-modified my front and took visitors for a drive on the track.
9673DSC07710_Medium_.JPG

9673DSC07723_Medium_.JPG

Gerard van Santen said:
Hi Wolfgang,
Yes I had the A 008. And they are the most forgiving tires I ever experienced. And you can also see the unimaginary way the tires stick. These tires are in the rain way better than SO3´s in the dry.
Yes, I used them too in one season. The downside is of course that due to the soft compound and the high profile blocks the A 008 wears very fast when it's getting dry so they are not good as intermediates (for which I prefer the S03s). OTOH I had a lot of fun with nearly worn A 008s at the nearly dry Anneau du Rhin - loved the drift angles but was of course slower than with S03s.

Depending on the kind of track and the amount of rain you will although experience better lap times with S03s on dry than with A008s on wet in most cases - even if the A 008 is better to control.

Here is the the link for downloading the video files:

Spa videos

There are three files. The first race (55MB), the second race (85MB) and both in one file (185MB).

Please use a download manager. It would be a pitty if connection fails that you have to do it all over again.

Last edited:
I'm very happy that you're not blessed by this accident. In German we would call it 'Leitplankenpingpong'. We've a track day on the 31th oct. with 2 NSX on it. I hope they don't crash. I'll admire people who use the NSX to what it's made for. :) But I would feel like a 6 year old boy who knew that he'd done something seriously wrong and will be in great trouble for it as soon as I would crash into the wall. After all it's just fun that takes a little bit of money as soon as you're get healthy away with it. :D And the spectators like to see you racing too. :)

Greetings,
thomas

goldNSX said:
I'm very happy that you're not blessed by this accident. In German we would call it 'Leitplankenpingpong'. We've a track day on the 31th oct. with 2 NSX on it. I hope they don't crash. I'll admire people who use the NSX to what it's made for. :) But I would feel like a 6 year old boy who knew that he'd done something seriously wrong and will be in great trouble for it as soon as I would crash into the wall. After all it's just fun that takes a little bit of money as soon as you're get healthy away with it. :D And the spectators like to see you racing too. :)

Greetings,
thomas
Thanks very much....

The FTP server is in the air again.

Here is the the link for downloading the video files:

Spa videos

There are three files. The first race (55MB), the second race (85MB) and both in one file (185MB).

Please use a download manager. It would be a pitty if connection fails that you have to do it all over again.

My NSX towed in and prepared for the next race without front bumper and spoiler :eek:

Attachments

• Spa 2005_2 020.jpg
    Spa 2005_2 020.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 338
  • Spa 2005_2 023.jpg
    Spa 2005_2 023.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 343
  • Spa 2005_2 024.jpg
    Spa 2005_2 024.jpg
    58.8 KB · Views: 348
  • Spa 2005_2 051.jpg
    Spa 2005_2 051.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 675
  • Spa 2005_2 052.jpg
    Spa 2005_2 052.jpg
    48.5 KB · Views: 333
Nice pics, unlucky with the damage Gerard.

So was this an actual race? How could i enter it? Any details would be great.

Thanks

-Rob

Gerard van Santen said:
Hi Bart,
Did you manage to download all the files?

yes, no problem.

Man that was scary, as I told you earlier on the phone... I tought you spinned, lost all your speed in the spin and then hit the wall at low speed so only the bumper came off... But you hit that wall at full speed!! Unbelievable, the strength of the NSX!

Comquat,
In answer to your question.
comquat1 said:
… Does the NSX do that well in terms of traction compared to those other cars you were running against?
I find the NSX is better than most in the rain.
I took the NSX to the Ring/Nordschleife one day, it was my 4th time on the ring and it was really raining hard, puddles everywhere, really pissing down.
I started out and found myself just passing everybody on the track. The NSX slides around the corners neutrally and scrubs the speed off before you hit the barriers. And if you come into a corner too fast (like happens on the Ring a lot, it’s a tricky course) then you brake as hard as you can get away with and push it around the corners without giving up and it just goes around the corners slithering and sliding! This car handles GREAT in the rain. I did it in 12 minutes flat. That’s a good time in the rain, and it’s all down to the great way the NSX handles in the rain. I had SO3s then, I guess they helped too.
peter

Back