• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX does not start, sometimes

I turn the key to the on position, all dash lights come on. I turn the key to start, everything shuts off. I leave the key in the ACC location and start messing around, once just opening the drivers door and closing it, and the power comes back on. The car will then start multiple times without an issue. Every once in a while I will hear a relay clicking but it will still start.

Also, I have all the switches removed from the drivers door except the power window control unit and window switches. The door lock, security LED, and trunk release are not connected. Everything is apart because I have to have my window regulator replaced. Does the OEM security system check these connections and disable the power if something is open?

I have never had this problem before. I'm just trying to figure out if something is going bad or do I just need to get everything put back together.

Thanks

John

Before you go replacing anything, you should disconnect and reconnect your battery cables. Make sure the terminals are clean and the connection is tight. A bad connection to the battery can cause those symptoms.

Next time the car acts up and does not start, move your seat using the power switch. (This is a check to see if your battery is strong enough to start the car). Does the seat move at the normal speed? If not, then you’ve determined that the battery is probably faulty.

Back