• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX Dragster

Sunday night, anyone catch the segment on this guy, driver/owner, being interviewed at the last Sema show about his NSX and Honda Civic dragsters? He said that the NSX was running low 7 sec ¼ miles! Wow that’s fast. Unfortunately I only caught the last few seconds of the show so I was unable to get any more info. I think it said H&L Racing on the side of one of the cars. But so far I have been unable to find anything on the web relating to this. I would love to get any contact info or a website address for this driver and car. Thanks PS I have tried to post this question a couple times before but for some reason it is not appear. Sorry in advance if I have repeated this question and it finally shows up.

It's Adam Saruwatari at A&L Racing.

He also has a street-going NSX that is supercharged.

Do a search and you should find a few threads on his cars.

Here are pics from last month's SEMA show:

adam1.jpg

adam2.jpg

adam3.jpg

First off, thank you for the info and great pics I have received so far. So, it ended up being A&L and not H&L Racing, close but not close enough. I have spent some time since receiving his name, searching the web for info on this car and I have come up with a few pics in addition to the ones Jim posted. Other then that I have been unable to find specs an e-mail address for Adam Saruwatari or picks of the engine, layout and specs. The reason I am so interested is because I have been drag racing one of my cars for some time now and am interested in what Adam has accomplished. As for Zanardi 50’s question regarding what program I saw this on, I have no idea. It was late and I was just about to switch of and go to sleep.

Looks like he still has a pretty stock interior. The only thing our 2 cars have in common are the mats!

Also - he still has the cruise control? I guess he just sets it to 236 or so for his 1/4 mile runs and let's the computer do the rest!

smile.gif

------------------
Nick M

91' Red/Black with Many Mods
99' Honda Odyssey with Many Kids

Stephen,

I don't think Adam have an email address. I spoke to him at SEMA and he told me he don't have time to get on the computer due to work.

I am sure he has an email address but won't give it out. He also doesn't return multiple phone calls and is generally difficult to get a hold of too. From what I'm told, he's aloof (that's a nice term) altogether.

If you want to get a hold of him, you may want to say you're with SuperStreet or Import Tuner so he'll actually talk with you over the phone. Or explain that you're a big sponsor.

I've tried to get a hold of him numerous times for an interview in NSX Driver. Never once returned a phone call or had someone return it for him.

My .02, he drives an NSX but doesn't deserve any of our support.

Back