• Protip: Profile posts are public! Use Conversations to message other members privately. Everyone can see the content of a profile post.

NSX drive, Warbird museum and lunch Sat. 4/10

Dear NSXers,

The Florida Chapter of the NSXCA is hosting a drive, airplane museum tour, and lunch on Saturday April 10, 2010. The schedule is as follows:

830am meet at Starbucks, 7600 Dr. Phillips Dr., Orlando, FL 32819 (located in Marketplace shopping center northwest corner of Dr. Phillips Blvd. and Sand Lake road just west of I-4).

9am sharp departure for the Warbird Museum. 6600 Tico Road, Titusville, FL, 32780

Those living in the Titusville, Melbourne, Cocoa Beach area may wish to select a location to meet near the junction of SR407 and 405 just northwest of the museum. We should pass this location at approximately 950am. You can then join the caravan enroute so we all arrive at the museum together.

10am arrival for tour of facility, photograph of cars with airplanes on tarmac

12noon departure for lunch at Bob and Carol Varker's house on the intercoastal waterway

3pm caravan back to Orlando

The total cost for this activity is $30 per person. Please RSVP to Wei-Shen Chin using Paypal (please add $2 fee) at [email protected] or send a check made out to me for $30 per person to

1312 Lake Whitney Dr.
Windermere, FL 34786

Deadline is Monday April 5 at 5pm EST. If you have any questions, please contact me via email at [email protected] or cell at 407-832-0176

We look forward to seeing you on the Space Coast!

Wei-Shen and Lynn Chin
Florida Chapter of the NSXCA

This sounds Great.
I think I can make it. :smile:
Better start cleaning the white wheels now. :biggrin:

Hey Wei-Shen,

I would love to go but I will be in Miami that day for the Mile Marker (Standing Mile)

Next time!

If we don't reach a critical mass by Monday, it will be difficult to get a lunch catered at Bob and Carol Varker's house for only 9 people. Also, the Warbird Museum won't want to move planes for a photo of only 4 cars. In the past there has been a flurry of registrations and $$ arriving in the mail about a week before the event.

Whenever a date is picked for an event, I try to avoid holidays, known local car events that may require our participation, or conflicts with charity events put on by other car clubs. For this date, Bob and Carol Varker also needed to be able to host the lunch at their house in Merritt Island. A blast email is sent to over 70 NSXCA members in Florida. It is also posted on Prime.

Organizing group events is not easy. Things have to be organized and planned well in advance. If there is not enough interest in the event by the deadline date, then there is no other option than to cancel it.

Informal gatherings are much easier. Perhaps we should do those instead. Each pays his/her own way and no headcount or preparation is needed.

Wei-Shen

I, personally, don't mind informal gatherings. I just like meeting fellow NSX owners! :smile:

Just sent a blast email to everyone.

The Saturday event is cancelled. Only had 9 people. Not enough to do catering and get a group into the Warbird Museum.

I'm open to suggestions for Saturday.

On April 17-18 I'll be at Sebring testing my car.

I'm available the weekend of May 8-9 if that works for a different event. Working May 1-2, 15-16 and out of town 22-23 and 29-30 (Mid Ohio track event)

My car is still on the lift at Nabil's. Decided to put the supercharged 3L back in while waiting for the 3.5L turbo to be rebuilt in CA.

Wei-Shen

im up for a meet / drive anywhere on saturday morning if any of the 9 want to get together :biggrin:

weather should be NYCE for a drive

WEB_7DAY.jpg

im up for a meet / drive anywhere on saturday morning if any of the 9 want to get together :biggrin:

weather should be NYCE for a drive

WEB_7DAY.jpg

I didn't chime in before because it didn't look like I could make the Warbird Museum, but now that we are getting closer to this weekend it looks more likely that I can meet up with you guys for something "informal".:smile: Let me know.

P.S. Wei Shen- I could attend Warbird Museum outing in May 8-9 if that date is decided on.

Back